Okay, forum.

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Okay, forum.

Postby Raetah » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Well, this is actually something that it doesn't have exclusively to me. I can point many examples of different users having the same response from forums.

So basically, I want to discuss about the balance the game, show my prespective and contrast it with other members of the forum, read their opinions and possitive and negative arguments... That's the reason of why I write in the forum in the Suggestions section.

So basically I expend around 1-2 hours to write a Threat, take in consideration that when I do this, they are usually longer than average Forum post, with arguments that try to explain my opinion, I try to make a good structure so it can be readed more easily and in top of that English is not my main language wich you will obviously notice in some lines, because English structure is different to the structure of my native language. But, I think that through concept and context you can easily understand what I'm trying to say in those misstakes.

So, I write an entire thread talking deeply about a certain aspect of the game. I get like two answers.

Then another user post this:

Title: "Invest iz 2 gud"

*very brief message of three lines or less*

And that gets like dozens of answers.

Unless the user is particularly popular inside of the forum or either he insist a lot in his thread, most people answers exclusively to short suggestions. So... I don't know maybe people wants to farm posts in the forum, so in the time they could write an answer to any long threat they rather write 16 short answers in order to maximize their post counter farmer. Maybe people hates persons that write long posts and they are like "look at this dude, what jackass writting a post of more than 5 lines". Maybe people is actually too lazy to answer complex things. whatever is the reason, it's kind of dissapointing.
Raetah

Re: Okay, forum.

Postby TrueGent » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:58 pm

People dont like reading.
Thats basically what it boils down to.
she/her
TrueGent
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby parkerparkour » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:02 pm

TrueGent wrote:People dont like reading.

*people dont like rambling walls
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: The real bad place was the friends we made along the way

Postby Waffleme3 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:04 pm

That happends since like stated before since people dont like reading huge threads. Try making them shorter but still has details.
Thanks hurricat
Rest in peace Coolway and Birdy <3
Waffleme3
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby smallworldz » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:55 pm

tl;dr.

(dont forget derailing and posting memes)
don't click this link...

Image appreciate the hugs <3

smallworldz
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby oliy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:21 pm

I would read it :3
Lots of people are lazy and would just say "ok cool" or "yeah this"
Make a tl;dr for the lazy people, AKA a summary. Maybe underline key points. That could help with responses.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby AaronC » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:44 am

parkerparkour wrote:

*people dont like rambling walls

True. I could even be bothered to finish reading what this page is supposed to be about
AaronC
Medium
Medium

Postby SarahSaurus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:31 am

Maybe it's also easier for people to respond to the comments, rather than the OP. Like even if they read your whole post, if it's really long and detailed, I'd guess most people agree with parts of it, and disagree with parts of it. But maybe they don't want to write out a super long post themselves, so they just pick out others' comments that they want to agree/disagree with. Maybe if people agree with you, they don't feel the need to type out a bunch of stuff just to say "I agree", and maybe they respond to commenters to try and win them over to your side.

Plus this a forum on the interwebz. If you get someone responding to your thread, and they say anything controversial or just really stupid...There are plenty of people who are going to enjoy jumping on the chance to start some drama/debates.
Forum Mafia Record:
Spoiler: NFM16-Citizen, lose
NFM19-Spy, lose
CFM17-FM Bot (mafia lie detector), lose
NFM21-Vigilante, lose
SFM19-Dragon (1-shot BP), win
SFM20-Mafia Evangelist, lose
NFM24-Citizen, lose
SFM21-Tohru Adachi (Marshal), win
CFM18-ongoing
SarahSaurus
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby JuliaC » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:19 am

Sometimes I'm all right for posts that are on high-quality, rather than spammy posts. Though, it is always quantity over quality on the forums I'm on (not here, but other forums). And why I like high-quality posts is that I would understand the post more if possible.
JuliaC
Witch
Witch

Postby Raetah » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:46 pm

I think I'm possibly going to make comics instead.
Raetah

Postby Painkillerz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Raetah wrote:I think I'm possibly going to make comics instead.

If you made a comic version I'm sure people would read, no matter how long it is.
People are just like that.
Spoiler:
VucubCaquix wrote:Our juice was already diluted with water. More water has been added, but the juice has long been too watery for a parrot like me to drink. And thus, nothing was truly changed.
Painkillerz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby smallworldz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:11 pm

SarahSaurus wrote:Maybe it's also easier for people to respond to the comments, rather than the OP. Like even if they read your whole post, if it's really long and detailed, I'd guess most people agree with parts of it, and disagree with parts of it. But maybe they don't want to write out a super long post themselves, so they just pick out others' comments that they want to agree/disagree with. Maybe if people agree with you, they don't feel the need to type out a bunch of stuff just to say "I agree", and maybe they respond to commenters to try and win them over to your side.

Plus this a forum on the interwebz. If you get someone responding to your thread, and they say anything controversial or just really stupid...There are plenty of people who are going to enjoy jumping on the chance to start some drama/debates.

so much this.

heh , even in fm i saw this happen.

and then if you make a super long post, the cycle repeats (they pick out other comments)
don't click this link...

Image appreciate the hugs <3

smallworldz
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Off-Topic Discussions