Nintendo NX

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Nintendo NX

Postby VoidRuler » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:39 pm

I couldn't find a thread already about this surprisingly. If there really is one, you can just merge this with that one.

Anyway, if you've been living under a rock and/or just don't care that much about Nintendo: The NX is planned to be their new console to compete (or at least be on the level of) with the Xbox One and Playstation 4, considering the Wii U didn't really meet up to those expectations and was practically a commercial failure (not hating on the Wii U because it's true, plus I own one regardless).

There's been several rumors about the NX since it's been confirmed to exist. One of these is that it will release during the holiday season of this year. This rumor came from SuperMetalDave64, who claims to have an inside source from Nintendo. This is believed by some people considering his "inside source" has been right about games released for the 3DS before any word about them came out (Pokemon Sun & Moon, Disney Art Academy) and the fact that his source was confirmed reliable on NeoGAF.
Another rumor from him is that the NX will be at least on-par with the Playstation 4 and more powerful than the Xbox One.
If you'd like to watch his videos on the NX, here's the link to a playlist of them.

I'm a fan of Nintendo and personally, I'm excited to see this come out. I really liked the Wii U's first parties (Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, SSB4, etc.) and to see them making a more powerful platform that will [hopefully] actually have third-party support, unlike the Wii U, that's pretty great.

EDIT: There's also been an AMA on Reddit from a supposed AAA dev who has an NX dev kit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/com ... a_real_nx/ And yet another one: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/com ... he_nx_ask/
Also, there's been rumors from 4chan about the NX: http://i.imgur.com/tXjSvIV.png

So, what are your thoughts on the NX? What hopes do you have for it?
Last edited by VoidRuler on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Re: Nintendo NX

Postby Technetium » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Hmm...What I liked about the Wii, DS, and WiiU (Besides the fact that I can get said 1st-party games that I like on them) is that they innovate, they come up with new ways to do stuff. The DS had the double screen and touch screen, the Wii did motion control first, the WiiU has the Game Pad system, and the 3DS, is, well, 3D.

Maaaybe Nintendo might try to do Virtual Reality again, kupo? The time seems to be right, what with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Arckas » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Nintendo in the past has made innovating new game consoles. With the Wii using motion sensors, DS with dual screen, Wii U by using a TV and game pad, and so on.

This is the first I've heard about the NX, so I guess I've lived under a rock. What I hope is that Nintendo continues it's innovative scheme, but making it into a more "powerful" console then the PS4 or XBOX may not be the best move. What the NX should do since it's late in the game in terms of consoles is make sure game developers can actually develop on the platform. Game developers who make games for the PS4, XBOX, and even the unititated are more likely to stick with the past consoles, so there has to be some advantage for them in the NX for them to develop games for the platform.

Now by powerful, I'm not exactly sure what they mean. Sounds like a name drop meant to hype things up, but I'm not exactly sure what that entails for the NX. I still have hope for the console, but like I said it might be too late in the game to be making a console.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby smallworldz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:39 pm

thing is , the games wouldnt be using the power it can hold.
its also a few years late, ps5 might be coming out soon (2018 probably?)
don't click this link...

Image appreciate the hugs <3

smallworldz
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby testaccount1234 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:18 am

smallworldz wrote:ps5 might be coming out soon (2018 probably?)

Nah, won't be that soon. I doubt they can improve the Playstation model. There was a seven year gap between the release dates of PS2 & PS3.
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Off-Topic Discussions