Pokemon

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: Lock please, thanks.

Postby Shilster » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 pm

People necro threads all the time
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Alicitzen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Its fine if its on topic.
Except if I do it. Because the mods hate me looking at any thread a week old.
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Re: Pokemon

Postby Veeena » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Shit's been merged.
OSRS Accounts: Veeena
Lewd Queen (Former HCIM)
Peepo Vee (GIM)

FF14: Xa Erros (NA Sargantas)

Formerly M4xwell
Known as
Xa/M4xy/Vee

Spoiler: Image

Some fucking Vee I suppose.

Veeena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Alicitzen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 pm

You did it congrats
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby TheWabbit » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:45 am

I thought there's some new craze that I have to check the thread.

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby Villagerlover » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Back in my day, a Chansey's egg bomb attack did some serious damage. (Thanks Cheryl)

In fact, what ever happened to the sillyness of Pokemon anywho? I feel like Pokemon has taken a drastic turn from kid-friendly battling into more "outstanding attack power" battles.

What I mean by this....is like.
A while back, we had things like double slap. Pound. Sing. Peck. Wing attack. Rock throw. Bug buzz.
And what was so great to me about that was how silly the attacks and battles could be. There was obviously a lot of charm put into gameplay.

But nowadays, we just have a bunch of "epic conquests" where every attack looks like it took way too much time to animate, and it just looks so much more "serious" and "powerful" than the good ol' days of a silly lil' fight.

Ah, oh well.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MafiaMenace » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Yeah the games before 3d animation were the shit.

My personal favourite is Pokemon Red.
If you get a bulbasaur and a pidgey, the first 3 gyms are yours to take.

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Villagerlover wrote:Back in my day, a Chansey's egg bomb attack did some serious damage. (Thanks Cheryl)

In fact, what ever happened to the sillyness of Pokemon anywho? I feel like Pokemon has taken a drastic turn from kid-friendly battling into more "outstanding attack power" battles.

A while back, we had things like double slap. Pound. Sing. Peck. Wing attack. Rock throw. Bug buzz.
And what was so great to me about that was how silly the attacks and battles could be. There was obviously a lot of charm put into gameplay.

But nowadays, we just have a bunch of "epic conquests" where every attack looks like it took way too much time to animate, and it just looks so much more "serious" and "powerful" than the good ol' days of a silly lil' fight.

Ah, oh well.

those are only z and legendary moves, those moves are still in the game

you just feel like a gen wunner tbh

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby JazzMusicStops » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Villagerlover wrote:A while back, we had things like double slap. Pound. Sing. Peck. Wing attack. Rock throw. Bug buzz.

And we still do

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 pm

JammySplodge wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:A while back, we had things like double slap. Pound. Sing. Peck. Wing attack. Rock throw. Bug buzz.

And we still do

I mean sure, but it's not nearly as glorified anymore.

Watch any new pokemon shows and you will see that almost all of them now seem to have more serious-battles instead of the old charming "for fun" ones.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

And we still do

Watch any new pokemon shows and you will see that almost all of them now seem to have more serious-battles instead of the old charming "for fun" ones.

>watchiing pokemon anime

plus all moves you mentioned sans bug buzz and MAYBE sing are all trash

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

And we still do

>watchiing pokemon anime

sans... 6n9

and yeh, they are trash. But they're silly, and that's what provided Pokemon with a charm to it a while back.
But again, nowadays it seems that charm is just gone, and now it's all about how glorious and ridiculous you can make one move look.
(Like, seriously, every move in the show nowadays seems like it takes hooouuurrrs to animate. It explains why it's so glorified for like one whole minute
)
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

And we still do

>watchiing pokemon anime

sans... 6n9

and yeh, they are trash. But they're silly, and that's what provided Pokemon with a charm to it a while back.
But again, nowadays it seems that charm is just gone, and now it's all about how glorious and ridiculous you can make one move look.
(Like, seriously, every move in the show nowadays seems like it takes hooouuurrrs to animate. It explains why it's so glorified for like one whole minute
)

what?

as far as the second point goes pokemon anime is trash and should never be viewed or used in an argument

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby JazzMusicStops » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

And we still do

The anime's shit

The sinnoh anime was the last time it was good

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

And we still do

>watchiing pokemon anime

sans... 6n9

)

what?

as far as the second point goes pokemon anime is trash and should never be viewed or used in an argument

I mean, yeah, it is trash now ahah.

To be perfectly fair, I could be misinformed now since I don't watch the anime anymore. I use to bing watch indigo-league but I kinda slowed down in Sinnoh and then i just stopped there.

I kinda ended my interest in pokemon once Black and White/X&Y came out.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby JoltikIsDubby » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Amazing. Allow me to copy paste the same response I posted on another forum (with the swear words removed, because from what I heard, those aren't really allowed here). And yeah, I'm new, don't make fun of me please.

I'm not a huge Pokémon fan. It's always just been kind of a distraction for me whenever I need to do something and don't feel like it lol. I'll, um, normally buy the new game if it's out (just one though, I'm not going to buy, uh, Ultra Sun AND Ultra Moon. I'll just get one).

I want to talk about the anime first. The anime is legit horrible and makes me lose faith in anime more than I already do. Well, it started off pretty good, and stayed that way for the first few seasons. Misty was easily my favorite character. She was hilariously sarcastic and self-centered, always getting roasted by Ash, ("Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the WORLD!!!" "Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?") and I had a huge crush on her as a kid. I wasn't a fan of Tracy from Season 2. He was way too smart for a show for such young people. He wasn't very funny, and he just seemed like a distraction. Ash's personality was fun, hilarious, caring, and exciting up until Generation 4 when he started getting older and more serious. By Season 5, I just couldn't stand him. He was so intelligent and unfunny that I just couldn't watch the show anymore. The worst part is the characters acted like they were funny, which ended up being really awkward. Gen 6 was the absolute worst. It was SOOOOO BORING. I couldn't watch more than eleven episodes of it. By Episode 12, I was just sick of watching it. The characters acted like they were hilarious when they were just boring, the setting was boring, the animation was bizarre, and Bonnie was the most annoying little ever. "CAN I HAVE HIM?" There was a running gag where Clement would build something, Ash would say "Isn't science amazing?" or some shit like that, and the invention would just explode. Not funny at all, but they acted like the audience is supposed to find it funny. Serena's character is...she's a human. She's literally just there because Ash needs a hot girl to travel with. Gen 7 ended up being evem, um, worse. Ash goes back to Trainer School where he is enrolled with a couple of girls, a grown ass man (who looks like he's burnt to a literal crisp), and a weird professor that honestly looks like a monkey. The funniest scene in the entire season so far was "Ash has been thinking about something for that long?" which wasn't even funny to begin with. There was one kinda sad episode, but I didn't cry like I did in Season 1's more emotional episodes, and it was still a pretty weird one. It was even worse, but the animation was slightly more detailed and tolerable. Um, overall, the anime is horrible, but at one point, it really wasn't.

The games are pretty subpar. They weren't all that bad until Gen 4 when they just became stale. My least favorite of the Generation Pokémon games is Gen 6, X and Y. The story was okay, but the characters were boring, the villain was just kind of random, the music was weird and high-pitched, and the maps were actually really boring. In the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire game, you actually get to fly around the world and find secret bases, and have your own secret hideout. X and Y just feels like it's for children. Uh, Sun and Moon wasn't as bad. The story and variation was better, in fact probably the best, but ther Hawaiian theme kind of had its limits. There were, um, lots of changes. I liked some, and I disliked others. I liked the Mystery Dungeon games except for Super Mystery Dungeon, which was just really boring, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2, with an annoying, self-centered partner. I seriously wanted to strangle him while playing the game. The music is fantastic, though, in all games. The PokePark games were kind of lame. The story was extremely lazy and rushed, but I liked the design of the worlds. My least favorite Pokémon game was Pokken Tournament. The, um, game was so short, easy, and boring that I couldn't stand it. The matching system is Clash Royale levels of bad, and the characters were so awfully boring and not even intelligent. Nia always talked, and I just wanted her gone. There's a setting to turn her speech off, but she still talks for some reason. I'm not getting Pokken Tournament DX. It's legit just adding five new characters, two new maps, and NOTHING ELSE. FOR FULL PRICE. At least Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are try to be original, even if the story is the most horrible thing ever. (Alola's fire Pokémon caused the island to set on fire. Your friend from the last game is coming back as the villain, and her motive is to change the name of the island from Alola to Alollie. Kill me.) Pokémon Go was fine at first, but it got pretty stale. Whenever they added something new, it just got more cluttered and confusing. I like Pokémon Duel, but it's pretty cluttered.

I didn't like the theory videos. They were always just telling us, um, shit we already knew. I didn't care for any of it because, oh, I don't know, it's not real. I mean, it's fine to have theories, but these videos are just lame. They don't really explain their way through anything.

It annoyed me how there were always two of each game, because it made it more obvious that it was a cash grab. Nintendp is pretty broke right, um, now and that's fine, but they can't keep making us pay more for the exact same game.

The actual Pokémon, though...are pretty bad. I like Joltik, and Hydreigon a lot, but those are my only two standouts. There's a key Pokémon, a coffin Pokémon, a chandelier Pokémon (that I secretly like), and a sword Pokémon. Gen 6 was probably the generation with the best Pokémon, as the sword and the key were the only outright terrible Pokémon. Plus, the sword's final evolution is pretty strong in battle, and I normally have it on my team. Gen 4 was pretty horrible also. You know how each game has a rodent Pokémon that you run into a lot? Gen 1 = Rattata. Gen 2 = Sentret, etc. Gen 4's is, correct me if I'm wrong, Bidoof? The beaver Pokémon. Awful design, awful stats. Also, this is the generation where the trash bag Pokemon was, um, added. Gen 7 was also pretty horrible. A teddy bear Pokémon. A jellyfish Pokémon. A toucan fire-type. A bug that doubles up as a battery. This is the problem. There was less heart starting at Gen 4. There are fewer people who actually care now, and that's really a shame because Pokemon started out pretty incredible. I hope Gen 8 is better.
Hi. I'm an enormous wild card. About half of the time, I'll carry. The other half of the time, I'll be 5 IQ. Half of the time, I'll play super aggressively. The other half, I'll play it really safely.

Last updated: 21:28 EST, 1/23/19
FORUM MAFIA
3 Wins - 2 Losses - 0 DNF - 2 iP
JoltikIsDubby
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Alicitzen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:01 pm

Villagerlover wrote:To be perfectly fair, I could be misinformed now since I don't watch the anime anymore. I use to bing watch indigo-league but I kinda slowed down in Sinnoh and then i just stopped there.

You are indeed incredibly misinformed and do in fact sound like an ignorant person mad about a thing they know nothing about.
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Alicitzen wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:To be perfectly fair, I could be misinformed now since I don't watch the anime anymore. I use to bing watch indigo-league but I kinda slowed down in Sinnoh and then i just stopped there.

You are indeed incredibly misinformed and do in fact sound like an ignorant person mad about a thing they know nothing about.

I'm not angry, lol.
I'm just saying, it kinda slowly drifted away from me, and nowadays when I take a view into it, it no longer has that charm I use to feel.

The series has seemed to take a turn from cute-charming battles and a cartoon-like style, and headed into the direction of an totally serious-toned anime.
It's not the same as it use to be.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:10 am

Have you looked at sun/moon at all?
Its more carefree than any of the prior stuff.
The fact you didnt even look into is pretty dumb because you sound super ignorant now
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Villagerlover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 am

Alicitzen wrote:Have you looked at sun/moon at all?
The fact you didnt even look into is pretty dumb because you sound super ignorant now

Villagerlover wrote:"and nowadays when I take a view into it"....

Please reread through my posts thoroughly before submitting something inconsiderate. Cause
Alicitzen wrote:you sound super ignorant now

The fact that it's "more carefree" doesn't = charm. I could care less of I was able to give my pokemon trainer accessories, or if the game is now daring to take on a 3D look.
The game has lost it's older style, and it's new style no longer appeals to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can say this.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 am

Villagerlover wrote:Please reread through my posts thoroughly before submitting something inconsiderate .

No I responded with 100% accuracy fam.

Villagerlover wrote:and headed into the direction of an totally serious-toned anime.

Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Villagerlover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 am

Alicitzen wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:Please reread through my posts thoroughly before submitting something inconsiderate .

No I responded with 100% accuracy fam.

Villagerlover wrote:and headed into the direction of an totally serious-toned anime.

Old TV show = goofy and cartoon-like anime.
Old Games = goody and cartoon-like anime.
----------------------------

New TV show = serious toned anime.
New Games = serious toned anime.

I see nothing wrong about what I posted.
I see you're simply trying to defend something you obviously love.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Alicitzen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 am

Except you are completely wrong about the current tone in the anime.
You are spouting an uninformed opinion as a fact and then acting like I'm the one being defensive when your entire point is just repeating "ITS SERIOUS TONED NOW" which isnt even debatably correct, its factually wrong.
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:19 pm

as much as it pains me to say this, sarah is right

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Villagerlover wrote:Back in my day, a Chansey's egg bomb attack did some serious damage. (Thanks Cheryl)

:thinking:

tldr
Alicitzen wrote:oh cringe copy pasta genwunning

ChubbyMooshroom9 wrote:plus all moves you mentioned sans bug buzz and MAYBE sing are all trash

no sing is trash

Also since when were we talking about the show??? People watch that???

as the sword and the key were the only outright terrible Pokémon

Aegislash consistently ranks as one of the most popular VI 'mons.

Gen 7 was also pretty horrible. A teddy bear Pokémon.

??? That was Gen II
A jellyfish Pokémon.

??? That was Gen I
A toucan fire-type.

??? That does not exist
A bug that doubles up as a battery.

yes that was gen vii

Last edited by ICECLIMBERS on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussions