A Serial Killer's Story

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

A Serial Killer's Story

Postby Wzombie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 pm

A Serial Killer's Story

The day had just ended. A silence swept over the town as night set in. Returning to his home, Cotton Mather got his gun and went out to shoot the obvious Serial Killer. Leaving his home, he felt a slight pain, then the world went black. Stepping out of the shadows, John Proctor left his blood-stained note, as always, and returned home to his bed.

They all woke the next day, coincidentally at the same exact time, as always, and went to the town square as they looked at the two new victims. They found Edward Bishop dead, and killed by a veteran. Going through through his papers, they saw a piece of parchment that read: "You can never stop us.", and they also saw a note reading: "GET OUT!" They saw a gun and a wax seal with the Mafia symbol. He was a member of the infamous Mafia. The mood then became bleak as they saw Cotton Mather, a well-known Vigilante, lying dead on the ground after being stabbed in the back. The only paper to be found was a note reading: "'twas I, William Hobbs who killed this here man."

The arguments began. People yelled at each other, hit each other, and chaos ensued. But John Proctor had only one goal: to seek out Abigail Hobbs. After hearing from a friend who knew a Sheriff who knew a Medium who knew an Investigator, he found out that Abigail was a witch. Finding her he got close and said, very quietly, "So you are a witch, skilled In the art of magic? I can help you." "Oh really?" She asked, "how can I trust you?" He then responded: "Because I am the Serial Killer." Instantly, the man behind him yelled out, "HANG THIS MAN! I HEARD HIM SAY HE WAS A SERIAL KILLER!!"

Silence. Then, people started casting votes against him. It went like this, with more accusations flying, until finally, he was pulled to the stand by a man and had his head wrapped in a noose. "Please! I beg of you!" He cried out. "I am a Doctor! I have the medical items at my house to prove it!" You can investigate me!" "You LITERALLY just said, 'I am the Serial Killer.'" Replied Thomas Danforth. "I- I only did it to gain her trust! Investigate me for proof!-- What about William Hobbs? He was framed!" "No, my friend, he is the Jester. He must have contact with the Serial Killer." Well, another ally exposed. "Well, I am the Doctor." The townies, after voting, and some debate, decided to let him live. The day was over.

As he opened his door, a rough hand grabbed his mouth and he was tied and dragged to the Jail. "You're a doctor, you say?" Asked a voice from behind a cell door. "Y-Yes" John stammered back. "I-I have many medical supplies at my home." "Hmm... Very well. I shall let you live." The man opened the cell door, and the Serial Killer silently slid a knife into the man's heart."Nightly-Night" He whispered venomously. "Sleep well."

He got out of bed, and returned to the town square, and saw Ann Sears and Abigail Hobbs dead in the street. Well, one ally down. Ann was a Jailor, made obvious by the official papers that no one actually read and a set of Prison Keys. Abigail was a witch, evident by a magic broomstick and random strange animal parts in her house.
The day started off with a bang. Martha Corey waved around papers, then What should she do to prove it? proving she was mayor. She then threatened to lynch everyone who would not tell her their role. Everyone then proceeded to go up and tell her their occupation in the town. After that she did nothing but think until the day ended.

John Proctor lurked around town, finally laying eyes on the man who had earlier accused him. Get rid of the biggest threat first, right? John ran up, and stabbed him repeatedly, pouring out his hatred for the man who had almost cost him his life. Another one down. Standing up from the dead body of Thomas Danforth, he turned in time to see a man duck behind a bush. He ran to him, but lost him. Fuck. He was dead now for sure.

The next day, only Thomas Danforth had died. Stabbed by a Serial Killer, blah blah blah, Spy, blah blah, John Proctor wasn't listening. He was looking for the man who had seen him. He stopped his daydreaming with a start as a man yelled out, "JOHN PROCTOR IS THE SERIAL KILLER! HE VISITED THOMAS DANFORTH!" The Mayor quickly organized a ballot until more than half the people there had voted.

Some men dragged him up to the stand. To die. "Wait! No! Stop!"-the noose was lowered around his neck. "Wait! I'm a doctor! I yelled this two days ago! That man-" He looked at Deodat Lawson- "He must be a member of the Mafia- or- or the Serial Killer! He might even be trying to lynch me because he wants to!" Can I just say Executioner? "On the contrary, good sir, I am a Lookout. Only you and Jonathan Corwin had visited this man." "Then Jonathan Corwin is the Serial Killer!" He protested. "ACTUALLY, my good sir, Jonathan Corwin is the other Lookout." John Proctor was panicking now. This was really bad. "And," Martha Corey added, "If you were truly the Doctor, Thomas Danforth wouldn't have died." That was it. The jig was up. He looked at all the faces: Martha Corey, James Russell, Lydia Dustin, all of them. He said: "I regret nothing. The dead deserved what happened to them."

Meanwhile, some 10-year old raged at his computer because his multi-accounting and Skype cheating didn't work.

Tell me what you think.
Last edited by Wzombie on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I usually go by the IGN "Linen Mather"

I blame PewDiePie

Check out my Courier Role

Spoiler:

VucubCaquix wrote:Our juice was already diluted with water. More water has been added, but the juice has long been too watery for a parrot like me to drink. And thus, nothing was truly changed.

-These words of wisdom are about the influx of new players brought upon us by the YouTubers.
Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: A Serial Killer's Story

Postby RetralMega » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:54 pm

9/10
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Wzombie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:17 pm

RetralMega wrote:9/10

Ah well. Can't have it all, I guess.

I blame PewDiePie

Spoiler:

VucubCaquix wrote:Our juice was already diluted with water. More water has been added, but the juice has long been too watery for a parrot like me to drink. And thus, nothing was truly changed.

-These words of wisdom are about the influx of new players brought upon us by the YouTubers.
Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby oliy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:23 pm

"I was the Mafioso" is kind of underwhelming, along with the preemptive cheering :\
Also, obvious Witch wasn't obvious before ._.
"Role" doesn't make it realistic :\
Also, biased authors are biased ._.
Laziness doesn't help you here :\
The end was kind of rushed.

I say 7-8/10

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Wzombie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:36 pm

The goal was to mix ToS and real life... and a bit of humor... it's still ToS, ya know.

I blame PewDiePie

Spoiler:

Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby oliy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 pm

Eh, with the dramatic writing mixed with the jokes and such, it isn't fitting. You could change these:
Had a gun with the Mafia symbol on it
Her house contained a cauldron and odd animal parts, making her a witch
Tell her their occupation
Make the "Fuck" italicized and in his thoughts
Make some stuff :\
Allow an accusation, counterclaim, etc, and a majority vote with a dramatic death scene

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby SecretWeaponCoffee » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 am

Needs more explosions.
"Oh no not Coffee.." | Lead town, get lynched. Lather, rise, repeat.
SecretWeaponCoffee
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Wzombie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:58 pm

OK, I made some edits.

I blame PewDiePie

Spoiler:

Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Rickdaily12 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Shared, if that's alright.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town
FM Awards: Town

Postby Wzombie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:Shared, if that's alright.

That's OK.

I blame PewDiePie

Spoiler:

Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Painkillerz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Better than anything I could have written.
Spoiler:
Painkillerz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby jld3221 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:04 pm

I really like it. Good job. You had a good mix of humor and drama.
Why are fun-sized candy bars called fun-sized? There is nothing fun about a candy bar that is 1/8 the size of a normal candy bar.
Spoiler: Image
jld3221
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Off-Topic Discussions