Two Rooms and a Boom

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Two Rooms and a Boom

Postby Lokiben » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:46 am

I learned about this cool party game recently that I thought I would be able to translate smoothly into a skype game.

It's called Two Rooms and a Boom ,and it is for up to 30 players.

There are players on the Red Team, players on the Blue Team, and a few players on neither. These players are divided evenly and randomly into two rooms. The Blue Team has a President, and the Red Team has a Bomber. The Red Team wins if the Bomber and the President are in the same room at the end of the game, and the Blue Team wins if the President and Bomber are in separate rooms at the end of the game. There are dozens of more roles that can be thrown in there, but these two are the core roles.

In each room, represented by a skype chat, players are free to discuss. In a room, you may choose to reveal your role, or just your color to one person, or to the whole room, or arrange a trade with another player. The players in each room have a deadline to vote on a Leader. At the end of the round, the leaders meet in the hallway between the two rooms (Represented by a private chat) and exchange hostages, where they send a certain number of players to the other room (3 during the first round, 2 during the second, and 1 during the third). Then the next round begins. After three rounds, everyone's roles are revealed, and the game ends depending on where the Bomber and President are.

I'm still evaluating whether this game would be worth running, and I would love to hear other people's thoughts and opinions. If you're interested in playing, let me know, and I can start a signups list in the event that the game is run. I'll need your skype username. If you are interested in helping me moderate, also let me know. If this game does become a reality, I'll be advertising it on multiple forums, so get ready to meet some unfamiliar faces. :)

(If this belongs in the Lounge, apologies to the GMods. Also, if there's an issue related to the legality of advertising offsite games on the forums, lemme know so I can remove or relocate this thread)
Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Two Rooms and a Boom

Postby Lokiben » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:52 am

Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Postby mmss5joker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Seems interesting. I would actually play this, if I wasn't so addicted to ToS.
IN GAME NAME: Suicidal Bob

CHECK THIS OUT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36703
mmss5joker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby BananaMonkeyTaco » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:11 am

To me it does seem pretty interesting, but it also looks like it could go bad. I'm not saying it will, I'm saying I would play this once you can do it successfully. Again, I still feel like I'm bashing you/the idea but I actually think this sounds like a good idea, but I just don't want to be one of the first testers.
BananaMonkeyTaco
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Lokiben » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:54 am

BananaMonkeyTaco wrote:To me it does seem pretty interesting, but it also looks like it could go bad. I'm not saying it will, I'm saying I would play this once you can do it successfully. Again, I still feel like I'm bashing you/the idea but I actually think this sounds like a good idea, but I just don't want to be one of the first testers.

I asked for feedback for a reason. :) That's a completely valid worry; this will be very much experimental when it happens.

I can confirm that this game will in fact be happening, and it will be big. I am collaborating with some forum game hosts on MS on how to smoothly transition this game into a text medium, and integrate both communities. There will be extra rules regarding communication and card sharing. I'm very hyped, but between hosting forum games, and playing in them, it'll be a while for the time to be found. Keep eyes peeled for an announcement in the FG Mega-Hub.
Lokiben
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Off-Topic Discussions