Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much?

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Do you agree or disagree with this?

Agree
2
22%
Disagree
3
33%
Not Sure
4
44%
 
Total votes : 9

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby air3000 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 am

Gravity Falls is pretty much a mystery within itself. Sort of like a real life TOS, except with different roles, obviously.
Steven Universe has some of the best animation and storylines I've seen from a Cartoon Network show in years.
I don't watch Undertale. Lol.
air3000
Actually, just call me by my in game name: Red Skylight!
1500+ Games Strong, with 800+ wins.
Oh! And don't forget my Doge! He is really cool, as long as you don't gamethrow. If you do, he will BITE! :)

Favorite Roles: Arsonist, Godfather, Consigliere, Mafioso, Serial Killer, Jailor, Executioner

25 Wins as a:
Doctor, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Medium, Sheriff, Vigilante, Framer, Godfather, Mafioso, Arsonist, Jester, Serial Killer, Survivor

I accept all friend requests.
I'M FRIENDLY!!!!! >:(
User avatar
air3000
Doctor
Doctor
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 6:56 pm
Location: Definitely not standing in front of this gamethrower's house with a can of gasoline...

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby parkerparkour » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:42 am

LetitiaWilson wrote:
SU - Fandom has some quite toxic elements, but the majority are nice people who put the rabid fans down quite quickly. As a result, public opinion is neutral to relatively positive.


Except for, you know, those couple of hundred fans that nearly caused a SU artist to kill herself because she drew rose quartz skinny and unknowingly drew art for a pedophile she kind-of-almost knew. Love the show but the fanbase contains some of the worst people on Earth.
Also I'm not sure OP understands the concept of irony very well.
Image
User avatar
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:00 pm
Location: The real bad place was the friends we made along the way

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:52 am

parkerparkour wrote:
LetitiaWilson wrote:
SU - Fandom has some quite toxic elements, but the majority are nice people who put the rabid fans down quite quickly. As a result, public opinion is neutral to relatively positive.


Except for, you know, those couple of hundred fans that nearly caused a SU artist to kill herself because she drew rose quartz skinny and unknowingly drew art for a pedophile she kind-of-almost knew. Love the show but the fanbase contains some of the worst people on Earth.
Also I'm not sure OP understands the concept of irony very well.


Yeah, I didn't hear about that until after I wrote that post...
Me, when my DR players don't read the rules:

Image
User avatar
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:58 am
Location: Playing Ding-Dong-Ditch with a man-eating door. (GMT)

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby parkerparkour » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 am

LetitiaWilson wrote:
parkerparkour wrote:
LetitiaWilson wrote:
SU - Fandom has some quite toxic elements, but the majority are nice people who put the rabid fans down quite quickly. As a result, public opinion is neutral to relatively positive.


Except for, you know, those couple of hundred fans that nearly caused a SU artist to kill herself because she drew rose quartz skinny and unknowingly drew art for a pedophile she kind-of-almost knew. Love the show but the fanbase contains some of the worst people on Earth.
Also I'm not sure OP understands the concept of irony very well.


Yeah, I didn't hear about that until after I wrote that post...


I only found out about it by actually going on one of her speedpaintings completely unaware until I saw the comments. Horrible, they were outright attacking all her videos. It's pretty hush hush in the fandom XD im not surprised you didn't hear, it's blown up in some places.
Image
User avatar
parkerparkour
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:00 pm
Location: The real bad place was the friends we made along the way

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby ShortcutButton » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 am

The most popular games are the one that have minimalist plots on the surface but expand the world ten-fold once you look at it in great depth and observe the surroundings.

e.g. Portal, Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale
User avatar
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby LetitiaWilson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:35 am

ShortcutButton wrote:The most popular games are the one that have minimalist plots on the surface but expand the world ten-fold once you look at it in great depth and observe the surroundings.

e.g. Portal, Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale


So why is CoD so popular? It's plot is through and through minimalist.
Me, when my DR players don't read the rules:

Image
User avatar
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:58 am
Location: Playing Ding-Dong-Ditch with a man-eating door. (GMT)

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby ShortcutButton » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:58 pm

LetitiaWilson wrote:
ShortcutButton wrote:The most popular games are the one that have minimalist plots on the surface but expand the world ten-fold once you look at it in great depth and observe the surroundings.

e.g. Portal, Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale


So why is CoD so popular? It's plot is through and through minimalist.

It's not catch-all.
User avatar
ShortcutButton
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby MegaLucario5 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Please note: this wasn't meant to be a chat warzone, it was just to tell everyone to step off each other, the Fandoms need to stop forcing people to enjoy it/talk about it, and the people who disagree need to stop essentially saying "Fuck your opinions, Fuck your game, and Fuck you"
THIS is just the beginning...



Image
User avatar
MegaLucario5
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Hell

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby MegaLucario5 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:58 pm

air3000 wrote:Gravity Falls is pretty much a mystery within itself. Sort of like a real life TOS, except with different roles, obviously.
Steven Universe has some of the best animation and storylines I've seen from a Cartoon Network show in years.
I don't watch Undertale. Lol.

P.S. Undertale is a game (just so the fandom doesn't eat you alive)
THIS is just the beginning...



Image
User avatar
MegaLucario5
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Hell

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby MegaLucario5 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Cartoon Network would look like this if the shows changed its stock values
Uncle Grandpa (1.02v)
Teen Titans Go! (2.34v)
Regular show (0.37^)
Steven Universe (1.04^)
THIS is just the beginning...



Image
User avatar
MegaLucario5
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Hell

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby oliy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:04 pm

TBH I like some parts of TTG
Then again I haven't seen the original ._.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

Image
Image

My Stuff
User avatar
oliy
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator
 
Posts: 5115
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:26 am
Location: UTC -8

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:30 pm

oliy wrote:TBH I like some parts of TTG
Then again I haven't seen the original ._.

Do yourself a favor
Image
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5741
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Why do people hype Steven Universe and Undertale so much

Postby MegaLucario5 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:17 am

parkerparkour wrote:
LetitiaWilson wrote:
parkerparkour wrote:
Except for, you know, those couple of hundred fans that nearly caused a SU artist to kill herself because she drew rose quartz skinny and unknowingly drew art for a pedophile she kind-of-almost knew. Love the show but the fanbase contains some of the worst people on Earth.
Also I'm not sure OP understands the concept of irony very well.


Yeah, I didn't hear about that until after I wrote that post...


I only found out about it by actually going on one of her speedpaintings completely unaware until I saw the comments. Horrible, they were outright attacking all her videos. It's pretty hush hush in the fandom XD im not surprised you didn't hear, it's blown up in some places.

I'm gonna quote someone from a YouTube comment, here: "Most of us are good, but some of us have the brain capacity of a tangerine"
THIS is just the beginning...



Image
User avatar
MegaLucario5
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Hell

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests