report players is a joke

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

report players is a joke

Postby Descender » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:58 am

i knew this was a thing for a while but this is a perfect example of it

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=117636
got denied because the person's name wasn't in the title, with the same copypasted response they always give
i don't think most people will resubmit a report, so denying a report because the name and reason was only in the main post is garbage
sure, you can make the excuse that "they should've followed the guidelines", but this is a game where not everyone speaks english, you could also make the excuse that volunteers are doing these reports but from what i can tell they're under specific orders to just refuse reports which aren't following a specific format, and if you sign up for this you should be prepared to look at more than just the title for information (shocking, i know).
it honestly seems like alot of people just care about having power and not keeping the game clean at this point
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: report players is a joke

Postby CheezePie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:03 am

the report wasn't even checked because of that? lmao
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:08 am

CheezePie wrote:the report wasn't even checked because of that? lmao

yeah
i wouldn't be surprised if this thread is locked as well, it wouldn't be the first time
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 am

The only person who can handle lobby reports is myself. What difference does it make whether this specific report was left open or closed? I can easily go back and look at it, and a Judge can watch for actual generated reports from said player, so what real difference does it make?

Ignoring the fact it's been a requirement for over 6 years now, with no Exceptions per the instructions, Report Players will be closing soon anyways. You won't have anything left to complain about when it occurs, especially something that you haven't even touched or contributed to in almost a year now.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Descender » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:44 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:The only person who can handle lobby reports is myself. What difference does it make whether this specific report was left open or closed? I can easily go back and look at it, and a Judge can watch for actual generated reports from said player, so what real difference does it make?

if only you can look at it, why would it be closed?
This is assuming you don't spend all your free time reading closed reports

Ignoring the fact it's been a requirement for over 6 years now, with no Exceptions per the instructions, Report Players will be closing soon anyways.

i think that isn't okay, and i haven't brought it up because i don't often read the report section
ignoring the comment you made, i just thought id bring it up as i found one of those moments
to be fair i have alot of issues with the trial system as a whole too, but i do think its fair to bring it up
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:38 pm

That subforum is more or less a relic with the trial system.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Descender » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:17 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:That subforum is more or less a relic with the trial system.

its like
the way lobby trolls have been handled even with trial
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby GranisYo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:48 am

Since i cant post on my other account i found this one from back in 2014/15 i think it was

The devs and mods dont care about the game or their playerbase its so fucking obvious. The fact this fucking marmu guy can gamethrow for months and literally NOTHING happends

Why the fuck isnt he IP banned? Why did it take untill TODAY to ban his what? 1252627235276235 account? This guy can do whatever the fuck he wants for months but you call someone a retard and BOOM you get suspended for 7days.

Devs go fuck yourself you dont care everyone knows it so stop fucking lying

And to thoose who remember, how long did it take them to ban basedblue3 (Syanna) MONTHS if not a year. What did he/she/it do? Samething as marmu except he/she/it never had to make a new account

EDIT: The fact you need to post a screenshot of pre-game lobby + end game lobby + the house where the person in question grew up in to get someone banned for spamming racist shit is fucking retarded.

Trash system, trash devs, trash mods
RIP basedblue3 aka Syanna you wont be missed
GranisYo
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:26 pm

GranisYo wrote:Since i cant post on my other account i found this one from back in 2014/15 i think it was

The devs and mods dont care about the game or their playerbase its so fucking obvious. The fact this fucking marmu guy can gamethrow for months and literally NOTHING happends

Why the fuck isnt he IP banned? Why did it take untill TODAY to ban his what? 1252627235276235 account? This guy can do whatever the fuck he wants for months but you call someone a retard and BOOM you get suspended for 7days.

Devs go fuck yourself you dont care everyone knows it so stop fucking lying

And to thoose who remember, how long did it take them to ban basedblue3 (Syanna) MONTHS if not a year. What did he/she/it do? Samething as marmu except he/she/it never had to make a new account

EDIT: The fact you need to post a screenshot of pre-game lobby + end game lobby + the house where the person in question grew up in to get someone banned for spamming racist shit is fucking retarded.

Trash system, trash devs, trash mods

Hello.

The fact this fucking marmu guy can gamethrow for months and literally NOTHING happends

Why did it take untill TODAY to ban his what? 1252627235276235 account?

You contradicted yourself here. If 'Nothing' happened, then Marmu wouldn't have had that many accounts. So did they get banned, or what?

Why the fuck isnt he IP banned?

Because Proxys and VPNs are a thing. Innocent people get banned when people get IP Banned. IP Bans are useless. Welcome to the internet. An IP Ban doesn't solve all the internet's problems.

This guy can do whatever the fuck he wants for months but you call someone a retard and BOOM you get suspended for 7days.

You break the rules, you break the rules. Being toxic is against the rules. Gamethrowing is against the rules. Simple. Whether you get banned for 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, or permanently, is based on whether you can actually be a human being, or if you're a waste of time and space. If you continue to get suspended, yes you'll get suspended for being toxic for a week, if not permanently. It's all up to you and your behavior, not us.

Syanna used a tactic that everyone didn't like. That's not the same thing as Marmu. You clearly lack education on this topic. She also was allowed to get a strike revoked after 6 months due to Strikes expiring every 6 months back in the day. We haven't done that in years.

The fact you need to post a screenshot of pre-game lobby + end game lobby + the house where the person in question grew up in to get someone banned for spamming racist shit is fucking retarded.

Cute sarcasm, maybe you should read and use your brain instead of coming off as an ass for no reason.
The only reports handled in Report Players is pre-lobby or racist reports. The requirements for Report Players have been around for years because I can go grab any sort of screenshot of an old racist spammer spamming racism, edit it to say your username, and then ban you and claim you spammed racist propaganda and you have no evidence to prove contrary to the belief. That's how easy it is to fake information, and why we ask for all this information, so if there's no report generated, of course we have to have screenshots. How else would we handle the people you're reporting if no report is generated? It'd just lead to posts like yours, saying "yOU dOnT dO ANyThInG, ShIT dEvS, shIt mOdS, fUcK yOU aLl" and there wouldn't be a difference, it'd be the same 'basis' for your complaint here, which there isn't any merit attached to because we ban Marmu as soon as they pop up and we see them, as we do all Ban-On-Sight players.

Cheers.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic Discussions