old people

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Re: old people

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:The tutorial was still a thing when I joined in 2018 so it's not that old of a thing

Wait I think they made a new one. But for a brief time in late 2015 they had a tutorial where you were SK and the players were all computers. At one point you were jailed and the Jailor asked you for your role. If you said anything with "doc" in it the Jailor would say "I believe you." It was hilariously terrible.

Apparently the wiki still has a page on it. https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Tutorial
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby cob709 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:04 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:The tutorial was still a thing when I joined in 2018 so it's not that old of a thing

Wait I think they made a new one. But for a brief time in late 2015 they had a tutorial where you were SK and the players were all computers. At one point you were jailed and the Jailor asked you for your role. If you said anything with "doc" in it the Jailor would say "I believe you." It was hilariously terrible.

Apparently the wiki still has a page on it. https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Tutorial

Jailor: What's your role?
Deodat Lawson: I am not doctor, I am Serial Killer. When this night ends, I will stab you.
Jailor: I believe you.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 pm

alex1234321 wrote:

I'm not sure about the specifics of being jailed, but that's what the tutorial was like in 2018 as well
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:

I'm not sure about the specifics of being jailed, but that's what the tutorial was like in 2018 as well

Really? I vaguely remember them making a new tutorial but I thought it was completely different. Also the wiki says it was removed in Feb 2016.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:47 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:

Really? I vaguely remember them making a new tutorial but I thought it was completely different. Also the wiki says it was removed in Feb 2016.

The Wiki page says that, but the list of updates on the Wiki just says that the tutorial was only made non-mandatory. Also, the Wiki is unofficial and doesn't always have accurate information.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Hiway202 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 pm

I don't think the tutorial was a think when I joined so it had to have been removed sometime real soon after you joined.
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby LordofFail » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:22 pm

Tutorial was introduced in November 2015 according to update logs.

Anyone else remember when Jailor wasn't a unique role? Being a Jailor that got jailed by another Jailor was quite the experience. I distinctly remember being Jailor in a game where town had 3 Jailors...
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby lemonader666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:35 am

...are you still with us, short?

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner