BotW 2

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

BotW 2

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Re: BotW 2

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm

0:09- This seems to have been made by the Sheikah. The pillars and the structure in the ceiling's center resemble Jomon pottery, which was the inspiration for ancient buildings in BotW (shrines were inverse pots). It also looks like the Shrine of Resurrection a little bit.
0:17- The squiggles are a little bit random, but they may be text.
0:19- This is in a cave of some sort. The crystals growing in it do not resemble luminous ore deposits. Zelda and Link are using a water buffalo to carry their supplies, which are found in Lanayru, East Necluda, and... Faron. Most notably in Faron, which is where the Zonai people lived. The wall carvings seen in this shot resemble architecture built by the Zonai people. In the Faron Woods there are statues of boars (represeting power) that resemble the animal on the wall. In addition, that animal head is seen in the three labyrinths built by the Zonai.
0:22- First shot of Zelda and Link. Zelda has a haircut. Link has been redesigned slightly in regards to his wardrobe. He's wearing the Hylian Hood, pulled down (please let this be a feature in the game) and a Hylian Tunic with the cloth replaced by the Champion's Tunic. I'm a fan of this redesign both aesthetically and because it bothered me that the Champion's Tunic had the most defense yet no mail armor.
0:25- Zonai Tower in the bottom left corner. The red rock in this cavern is also seen in the Faron Woods and in the Gerudo Highlands.
0:36- THE HAND. I don't want to speculate too much about this since it seems to be super relevant to the plot so there isn't anything definitive to say.
0:40- This is Ganondorf.
0:41- Here we see the hand merge with Link's right hand. Here's a hot take: one of the ideas for Link in BotW's development was for him to not have a right hand. Instead, it would be bionic. He could change between weapons. Perhaps that will be a feature in this game?
0:41- Malice?
0:41- This shots are happening quick, but it shows Link and Zelda vertically joining hands. Is one helping the other up a ledge, or saving them from falling down?
0:42- This appears to be the entrance to either a dungeon or the cavern in the trailer. It greatly resembles the dungeon entrances from the original Legend of Zelda. It should also be noted that it is carved into red rock (again, like the cavern) and has some light white dusting around it, which makes me think that perhaps it could be in the Gerudo Highlands. I'm not sure how this lines up with the Hyrule Castle scene seen later in the trailer, which suggests that they are in or below the Laboratory.
0:42- Vertical hand joining again, but this time with THE HAND. THE HAND looks like one belonging to a Sheikah Monk.
0:43- THE HAND lessens its grip on Ganondorf. But why? Another plot point, apparently.
0:43- The ground is collapsing, which makes me think that they really are below Hyrule Castle somehow.
0:44- Ganondorf begins to move and comes back to life. Yikes.
0:54- Hyrule Castle launches into the sky. Please note that the towers are missing. They were present at the end of BotW. Look at Akkala Citadel for proof. The Divine Beasts are gone as well.

Speculations:
This game will delve into the backstory of the Zonai.
Ganondorf will play a larger role.
The game will not take place in Hyrule. This would be awfully boring as players have explored almost every square inch, and little would have changed. Furthermore, every sequel game has taken place somewhere other than the first (Termina in Majora's Mask, Holodrum/Labrynna/Koholit for the GB games, as well as different parts of the ocean for the DS entries).

Hot takes:
Link may have a bionic arm.
Play as Zelda.
This could be a prequel. Scratch this, the Great Plateau is still in disrepair. But something needed to happen to remove the towers and divine beasts, which were present in the true ending.
Last edited by ICECLIMBERS on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Dash2 wrote:I lost my speculation notes brb

something to do with this?

Re: hot takes, first I think is more justifiable than the second from what we’ve seen

Hmmm the square bracelets on THE HAND are more Mesoamerican than Jomōn, so maybe it is Zonai hmmmkk

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 pm

I looked up some stuff about the Zonai and apparently they built the Palmorae Ruins as well. The color of the stone there is similar to the color of the mysterious hand. It’s possible for both Zonai and Sheikah design to coexist, as shrines overlap with Zonai ruins.
Palmorae Ruins are also a reference to the Mirror of Twilight...

Edit: The ceiling structure is most definitely Sheikah, given how parts of it resemble Guardian Stalker legs.
Edit 2: Same red color can also be found in Eldin and around Mt. Drena. Also thinking that the hand rescues Link from falling, and by doing so takes control of his arm.
Edit 3: Actually it's something like they discover Ganondorf->Malice starts to spread->Earthquake->Zelda falls->Link tries to save her but fails, he also falls->Hand saves Link, which does 2 things:
1. Fuses with him
2. Causes the malice within Ganondorf to be released

you heard it from me first

Ganondorf awakens somewhere in that sequence, also so much for Zelda being in this game l o l

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 pm

I think the ceiling structure is Zonai, and that everything is related to the Zonai and not the Sheikah. The dungeon entrance doesn't appear to be in the Gerudo Highlands or anywhere else frigid either. The white is probably just the angle of the rock. If you look closely you can see the entrance is covered with cobwebs, which I would expect in a jungle and not a snowy mountain. I'd put my money on Faron.

The hand fuses with Link's right arm, but it pulls him up with his left arm. He pulls up Zelda with his right arm. Maybe while trying to pull her up he falls, but the hand saves him and Zelda and then it fuses with the other arm?

As for playable Zelda, the redesign hints at it (not because of clipping but because the clothes are more... adventurous?) but I don't think they'll do that. What people liked about Zelda in BotW was her character. If you play as her, would she talk and break the silent character rule of the series? Or would she be silent and thus not be all that different from Link? Also the hand could be related to a game mechanic that only affects Link, and Zelda doesn't have abilities Link has that would be retained (flurry rush, or even general fighting skills- there's a reason why this Zelda isn't in Smash). At best she'd be optional in a potential multiplayer, I think. It's entirely possible that her hair was cut simply because they liked that better. Early concept art for Link showed him wearing a green Hylian Tunic, so his redesign could be because they still liked that idea.

I'm wondering if there's any significance to the bridge scene. They look like they're trying to force the ox to cross over a crack in the bridge, but it doesn't move. A stroke of bad luck, or a way for them to write the ox out of the picture?

It also does appear that Hyrule Castle is flying away at the end. The bottom of it is shaped like an inverse cone. I can make out what looks like the Exchange Ruins so this is post-calamity for sure. Still no idea why the towers are gone unless Nintendo somehow forgot about them.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Descender » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 pm

when the emoji movie game trailer comes out will you two do a frame by frame analysis or
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:53 pm

The angular shapes scene on the hand resemble patterns the Desert Voe outfit. Gerudo?

They obviously prepared for a long journey, maybe they found a source of evil coming from it?

It’s not just towers, but also divine beasts. Granted, their only implied to still be taking aim in the true ending.

The castle doesn’t appear to be pulling much ground with it, leaving the laboratory behind. I doubt it’s taking them up with it. Maybe this happens before Ganondorf awakens and they enter the dungeon.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:55 pm

That doesn't explain the ruined state of the Great Plateau and Hyrule Field. The castle launch would need to take them back in time, and then they venture into the cavern (in Faron?) to find Ganondorf. Not sure what the motive would be aside from stopping the Calamity at its source. I don't like the idea of that though.
I think Calamity Ganon and Ganondorf's mummy are separate entities. I also think the towers etc. could have been cut for simplicity's sake. As far as I can tell I'm the only person who noticed, and maybe they didn't care about the incongruency.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Thumbnail for the trailer on Switch news is Link's arm turning into the hand, which is indicative of that being a major mechanic.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Dash2 wrote:
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Thumbnail for the trailer on Switch news is Link's arm turning into the hand, which is indicative of that being a major mechanic.

I thought that was seen in the trailer

For less than a second. For them to choose that shot for a thumbnail is telling.

ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Return to Off-Topic Discussions