Help me remember an arcade game I used to play w/my brother

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Help me remember an arcade game I used to play w/my brother

Postby Kevin234 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 am

First off... it's not Magic Sword, but it's a pretty good basis to start from. The game was a similar side-view platformer, fantasy themed, where you could choose from a few types of characters at the start. I seem to remember a female archer, a robed wizard, and I'm going to guess that there was a male fighter to round it all off.

It wasn't as fast paced as Magic sword, you could play two players at the same time and you could get new weapons like a fire throwing staff if you were the wizard character.

I remember starting from a village, adventuring outdoors and quite quickly encountering a waterfall style level. There were traps and enemies.

I've played Magic Sword and just checked a video walkthrough of the game to ensure that its not the game.

Any help here would be appreciated!
Kevin234

Re: Help me remember an arcade game I used to play w/my brot

Postby DecDecAttack » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Pixel dungeon sounds like the beginning part, but maybe you're mixing two games in your head? Because i have no idea about the second thing.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby pixelscribe » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:08 am

Well i'm not quite shure but, based on your description, the game you might be thinking of could be "Gauntlet" or "Golden Axe". Both of these games are fantasy-themed side-view platformers with multiple characters to choose from and the ability to play with two players simultaneously.

In "Gauntlet," you can choose from four characters: Warrior, Valkyrie, Wizard, and Elf. The gameplay involves exploring dungeons filled with traps, enemies, and power-ups.

In "Golden Axe," you can choose from three characters: Ax Battler (male fighter), Tyris Flare (female archer), and Gilius Thunderhead (dwarf). The gameplay involves battling through levels while riding on various beasts and using magic to defeat enemies.

I hope this helps!
pixelscribe

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:30 pm

You should check out r/tipofmytounge, they have stuff like this.
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Off-Topic Discussions