Can I get banned for this?

Discuss about anything non-TOS related here. Keep responses high quality, or go to the Lounge 8-)

Can I get banned for this?

Postby ChronoGamingTTV » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:45 pm

So basically I was streaming town of salem on twitch earlier today, and I was playing with people in my chat (Which isn't out of the ordinary)

But someone in my chat, who was dead in the game told me that Person A, said that "Person B and C are mafia" before Person A died. so I took their word for it because Person A was, in fact, the mafia. I assumed they were throwing and did not take the time to check the actual chat logs. As it turns out, that person in my chat, was telling me this from the dead chat, which I did not know at the time of the game. So I outed the remaining mafia based on this. Does this count as "Cheating" under meta-gaming if I wasn't even aware that meta-gaming was taking place?
ChronoGamingTTV

Re: Can I get banned for this?

Postby Mace8937 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:39 am

Is this a Fr or ong moment?
y
Mace8937
Consigliere
Consigliere

Re: Can I get banned for this?

Postby Flavorable » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:01 am

ChronoGamingTTV wrote:So basically I was streaming town of salem on twitch earlier today, and I was playing with people in my chat (Which isn't out of the ordinary)

But someone in my chat, who was dead in the game told me that Person A, said that "Person B and C are mafia" before Person A died. so I took their word for it because Person A was, in fact, the mafia. I assumed they were throwing and did not take the time to check the actual chat logs. As it turns out, that person in my chat, was telling me this from the dead chat, which I did not know at the time of the game. So I outed the remaining mafia based on this. Does this count as "Cheating" under meta-gaming if I wasn't even aware that meta-gaming was taking place?

Considering you can't speak to someone when they're dead, meaning you spoke to them through other means than the game: Yes, it's cheating and yes you can get banned for that.

Do not share any info from the game outside of the game. Tell your viewers to behave and not cheat.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of people streaming the game whilst playing with their viewers to begin with, because it makes it too easy for people to streamsnipe and ruin the experience for everyone else who is playing legitimately.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Off-Topic Discussions