Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (The End)

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (The End)

Postby Gasocea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Back to numerals and with a "new" action system.
As this game has a new way for culprits to be chosen & actions to be done, I beg of you to please read the rules before joining.

Danganronpa XVIII
Murder on the Forum Express

Back in your house, you were checking the mailbox and found a red envelope, which turned out to be an invitation to attend to Hope's peak academy, one of the most prestigious schools in the world!
It was a bit far away from your household though, so in the letter you were also given a ticket to go via train to where the school was. There, you would be given food and a place for sleep until graduation.
This was, of course, an opportunity you could not miss, so after quickly preparing your things, you waited for the day your ticket said the train would travel to the school.
That day is today.
You are now in the train, with 11 others around you.
At first, everything was okay. You were greeted by a beautiful blonde boy who introduced himself as Daniel. He was apparently the only staff on the train apart from the driver, George. You were told the train would take several days to reach its destination, but were also told the train has weeks worth of food, so you'd be fine.
After being given the keys to your room, you slept for a whole night, and woke up the following morning thinking everything was fine.
However, the last thing you expected to see was Daniel and George... both hanging from the ceiling. Dead, from an apparent double suicide.
Now you're all looking at each other, wondering what to do, but that is when a green haired man and four other strong-looking men appear out of nowhere carrying shotguns. Without saying a word, the green haired one looks at the two bodies and sighs. He then turns his head to you all, and says:

"We are going to play a game, alright?"

Phases
This game has five phases:
- Daily life, where I introduce motives and players can speak to the mastermind, who will be trying to get them to kill. Players are also able to talk to each other, and are able to send a request to become the blackened (the killer) to the host.
- Night Life, where the blackened is chosen and players roam around the train while the blackened kills.
- Deadly Life (aka investigation), where players investigate the rooms and the body.
- Class Trial, where players, based on alibis and everything they found, will try to vote off the blackened.
- Results, where the host reveals if the blackened was successfully voted off and prepares for the following night. You can talk/RP here like in Daily Life.

Daily Life
Spoiler: Daily Life always comes before night, and two things happen here:

1. The players have the opportunity to roleplay as their characters. Or you can just speak normally, I don't mind.

2. Players can also send me, the host, a PM requesting to be the blackened (the one who will kill). If multiple people send a blackened request, I will RNG between them. If no one sends a blackened request, I will RNG the blackened, and you will sadly have to accept the role even if you did not want to kill.

Night Life (and night actions)
Spoiler: Nightly comes after Daily Life, and happens before the Trial.
Several things happen here, as it is possibly the most important part of the game:

1. The blackened is chosen and notified of their role right when the phase starts.

2. Players start off in their bedrooms, and send the host private messages stating their actions during nighttime. You have 6 night actions, with the culprit having two extra actions to clean up (unless they refuse to them that's fine).

3. After everyone (besides inactive players) has sent their actions to me, I will piece everything together. For example (PMs):

Letitia wrote:For action 1, I will go to the kitchen and get a big slice of cake.

Gasocea(host) wrote:Action 1 results: You leave your dormroom and head to the Kitchen. On your way, you see Multiuniverse running around in his underwear and screaming "potatoes". As you and SuperWeegee enter the Kitchen, you see Icibalus is already there, sneaking a kitchen knife into his jacket. You ignore him, go to the table where a cake lies and eat it cheerfully, noticing SuperWeegee opening the fridge.

As you can see, the other players (Multiuniverse, SuperWeegee, Icibalus) are also walking around the building, just like our exampleplayer Letitia. This way, alibis can be presented during the trialphase. Letitia could tell the other players that she saw Icibalus taking a kitchenknife if it would be relevant to the case.

You have 24 hours to send in an action. So if we're in action 1, you'll have to send me your first action. 24 hours later, action 2 will start and you have to send an action again, and so on.

And just to be clear, in a single action you can't do much other than moving to a single place and/or doing things. I.e: if your action is to go to the Kitchen, get a knife, kill someone there, and then go to another room, I will ask you to remake it as you've done too many things in a single action. Basically, just limit your action to doing things in the room you are in and moving to a place, just doing some things/just going to a place, or moving to a place and doing things. But do know that if you decide to stay in a room to do things you'll be allowed to do more than if you want to do things but are also moving to another room.
One more thing I should note is that you can do more things if you think they would fit in an action. I'll tell you if what you are doing is fine or not.

But now, seriously, a single last thing about night actions: It will not be mentioned what you see on your way to another carriage (unless you find a body). And you will only see people passing through the carriage you are in if you stayed there for an action (ie, if you entered the kitchen a2 and stayed there for a3 and a4, you will only see the people that passed through the carriage a3 and a4, but not the ones that did so a2).

4. The Blackened is treated just like any other player during Nighttime, with one exception: The host (me) will try to keep the Blackened from getting caught. It's very vague but this could be done by, for example, giving the Blackened better reflexes than normal players. So yes, the blackened will always end up killing you if they are set on doing so.

5. After the last action, everyone will automatically go to their own dormroom, falling asleep until Deadly Life. If three or more people discover a body before the last action (*) though, a Body Discovery Announcement will happen and Deadly Life will start early. Players cannot be hurt once they've reached their dormroom after the last action. The Blackened won't automatically go to their dormroom after the last action, as they have two more actions to do things.

(*) This of course always goes in favor of the blackened. If he is doing something in a room with the dead victim and two people are about to enter I'll either have him hide or have the body announcement happen when the two innocents walk in. If the blackened does not want any of these choices, I'll ask him what he wants to do about that. Either way, I'll always pick the option that befits the blackened's plan.

6. Blackened can only kill two people. Yes, suicide counts as killing a people.

Deadly Life (or investigation)
Spoiler: 1. Here, a file will go out revealing the victim, location, and minor details about the body. Additional info can vary depending on the circumstances.

2. Players send the Host a PM with a location/locations in the school they wish to investigate. Each player has 2 investigation credits which they can choose to use to either SCAN or INDEPTH rooms. A room can be "scanned" by spending 1 credit, and investigated "in-depth" for 2 credits. In-depth gives more information than scanning, though know that if everyone scanned you would never solve a trial. The victim's body counts as a seperate room. Every player's own room also counts as a separate room, of course.

3. Only things revealed at face value are shown to the player. It's up to them to look for hidden clues or investigate pieces of evidence further. This can be done by asking the host questions about the given investigationresults. Like, if there's a bloody bush in the crime scene, you PM me saying something like "Is there anything in the bush?"/"I investigate the bush". You have unlimited questions, but 24 hours after trial starts question time is over.

4. This period lasts for 24 hours (plus the time it takes for me to write the results), and then the Class Trial will occur.

Class Trial
Spoiler: 1. The remaining Players will discuss for two days about the murder and possible suspects. The host can choose to increase the trial's duration before or even during the trial if asked, has to, or it seems no progress has been made. Max extension is one day.

2. At the start of the trial, a list containing all of the names of the players from the Sign-Ups will be shown in a spoiler. Dead students will not appear. You PM me which person you want to vote any time during the trial, and I will post a list stating how many people are voting a certain person, but now who. You can also change your vote whenever you want, but just two times.

3. After two days (plus the possible extension) pass, no more votes will be accepted, and no more posts will be allowed until the results are posted.

Results
Spoiler: 1. The player with the most votes is killed. If a tie occurs, the kill will be randomized.

2. If the Blackened was not killed, this fact will be revealed and two other innocent players will be randomly chosen to be killed along with the executed one. So four (five if two kills during night) deaths occur if you fail to find the culprit.
The blackened will be then given two choices: To stay in the game (though I won't grant immortality and such) or to leave. Either counts as a win, and if they decide to stay, they can apply to be the blackened again.

3. If the Blackened was killed, then another daily life will be posted when I can. This is again when people will be able to sign up as blackened.

Extra information
Spoiler: 1. One round of inactivity in a game will result in removal from the game by execution. You are counted active by posting in a Class Trial. If you're inactive during Nighttime, you will be auto'd, which means I decide where your character goes and what they do during your absence. Your character's safety cannot be guaranteed during these actions.

2. A game will not end until after the plot trial, which will be the last.

3. The blackened has two more actions than others during the night, being able to act after everyone has gone to sleep. HOWEVER, a victim cannot be acquired after the whitened (innocent) actionlimit. By then, every other player should have returned to their dormroom, which are impossible to break into because of host powers. Cases would be unsolvable if the entire murder happened after the last action.

Signups
You have two days to sign up. If spots are not filled by then, I'll just start with what I have unless I have less than 8 people.
To signup, you have to fill this template and post it:

Name:
Ultimate:
Age (between 13-19):

That is all. If you have any questions, ask
Last edited by Gasocea on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Segaco#3884
Gasocea

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express

Postby Segaco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Character List:

1. Frey Hardcastle (Phinerxen) - Ultimate Journalist - 17 - Male
2. Bryce Jenkins (SuperWeegee) - Ultimate Detective - 16 - Male
3. Paegus Vulpe (KingoftheRocks) - Ultimate Heroic Villain - 14 - Female
4. Letitia Charon (LetitiaWilson) - Ultimate Gravekeeper - 19 - Female
5. Beau Snider (squosher) - Ultimate Epidemiologist - 17 - Male
6. Kam'rae (Hawkwing425) - Ultimate Thief - 15 - Female

Dead:
Spoiler: 1. Markus Tivani (Jordarrian) - Ultimate Musician - 17 - Male
2. Hercule Poirot (Multiuniverse) - Ultimate Private Investigator - 13 - Male
3. Zed (Zee345)- Ultimate Babysitter - 15 - Male
4. Henrik Libidine (Jalandh) - Ultimate Botanist - 18 - Male
5. Phoenix Solalis (Ocelittle) - Ultimate Ninja - 17 - Female
6. David Adams (Wiing) - Ultimate Ornithologist - 16 - Male
Last edited by Segaco on Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (Maps)

Postby Segaco » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Maps

Notes: every carriage is right next to the other, going from left (#1) to right (#10). The map is basically a line.
To help the blackened be able to kill in this map, there will be a blackout every 3 actions (In action 3 and action 6) in which you won't be able to see anything, but the blackened will.
All windows can be locked and unlocked from the inside, but not the outside.
All doors have deadbolt locks, meaning they can be locked from the inside of a room.

Credit for most of the maps goes to Squidz

#1. Engine & Control Room
Although the door is locked, you can peek through the gap under it. You can see three windows, one of each side of the wall left and right, and one big window in the front. Though, it doesn't do much as what seems like the engine is right in front of it, blocking the way. Oh, and there's also a control panel in plain sight close to the door.

Spoiler: #2. Library
The room you had thought to be the engine room is actually a library! The actual engine room is in the following carriage. There are countless shelves on the walls and around the room. In the center of the room there is a table with a folder on it.
You yawn and lay on one of the shelves... and fall over because it turns out it's a hidden door. In this new small room, you see five beds.

#2. Storage
Immediately you are greeted with a weirdly small interior, the carriage is separated in half by a wall, directly in front of you is a desk, and slightly behind that is a wall. In the back room of the store, there are 4 large roof-high racks all full of random assortments of items, and several gaps in between said shelves large enough for you to navigate, the shelves are so full it looks like you could find almost anything you can think of in here.

#3. AV Room
You enter the a/v room. At the far end of the room, there are rows of chairs of different variety. Closer towards where you entered there is an elevated platform with a single large chair, sitting in front of a control console. It's not showing anything.

#4. Dorm rooms
Here, there are series of rooms squashed together inside one carriage. It appears that it would be impossible to even slip past someone undetected through the tight hallway.
Each of the rooms has one bed, one wardrobe with all your clothes, and one cupboard, in which you put something related to your talent. No worries about it getting stolen, as it has a lock and only your dorm key can unlock it. Adding to these things, the doors of each room can be locked from the inside via the deadbolt lock and the chain lock. The window can also be locked and unlocked from the inside, though with the snow outside it is not recommended to open them.

#5. Toilets and showers
There is one long hallway that leads to the other end of the carriage, either side of you are two doors, the left one leads to the male toilets, the other one leads to the female side. There is a sign on the wall that says entering the other gender's toilet is forbidden, there is a slightly smaller line of text beneath it written with a red maker you can hardly make out, it reads "unless your body is being dragged inside". It concerns you deeply that such a rule would exist.

#6. Kitchen
It looks surprisingly well-kept considering the place its in, on the left side of the room there's a table surrounded by several chairs, on the right there is a bench lining the wall, accompanied by knives, forks, spoons, cups, a toaster, kettle, sink, fridge and oven/stove, the basic necessities for a kitchen.

#7. Infirmary
Inside is a room that looks exactly like a hospital ward. On the left are two hospital beds with iv drip stands next to them, two curtains separate the two beds. On the right, you see a long counter with a bunch of cabinets, inside are all kinds of medical supplies, iv and blood bags, vaccines, bandages, hazardous material, etc.

#8. Sauna
Upon entering the carriage, it seems incredibly warm and you could almost immediately feel the difference as you pass through the threshold of the door, steam emanates from the thin walls that separate a hallway that follows the outer wall of the carriage from the inner spa room, next to the door that leads to the inner room there is a rack full of towels. In the inner spa room of the carriage there is a knee deep body of water with seats surrounding it. On the wall next to the door is a temperature control, its settings include: Hot, Hotter, Even Hotter, Hottest, and EXTREME. It is currently set to hotter, and from beneath the water in the spa you can see a faint red glow appearing from the centre of the spa. The sheer amount of steam makes it slightly hard to see, it may be hard to detect other people unless they're close by.

#9. Freezer
You enter the room and immediately a chill runs over your skin from head to toe, you have entered a freezer room, on the right wall you see several morgue freezers lining the wall, the thought that a body could be in there makes you shudder as much as the temperature. Then you notice the rest of the room, in stark contrast to the depressing, grim morgue atmosphere, there are several pleasant ice sculptures, one of a masked man with a cape, one of a sea creature and the other, the hell guardian Cerberus... Weird choice of sculpture.

#10. Outdoor Area
This carriage is mostly emtpy, except for a sign that reads "It is not recommended to stay here for too long. Please do not get close to the edges."
There are fences preventing anyone from accidentally falling off the train. And because of the train going so fast, jumping off doesn't seem like a very good option.
Last edited by Segaco on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Phinerxen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:13 pm

seems cool

Name: Frey Hardcastle
Ultimate: Ultimate Journalist
Age (between 13-19): 17
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Jalandh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Name: Henrik Libidine
Ultimate: Ultimate Botanist
Age (between 13-19): 18
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby SuperWeegee » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Name: Bryce Jenkins
Ultimate: Ultimate Detective
Age (between 13-19): 16
SuperWeegee
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Ocelittle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Name: Phoenix Solalis
Ultimate: Ultimate Ninja
here 2 vibe, the dead has risen
Ocelittle
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (5/12 spo

Postby Multiuniverse » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Name: Hercule Poirot
Ultimate: Detect- goddangit Weegee Ultimate Private Investigator
Age (between 13-19): 13

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Wiing » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:51 am

Name: David Adams
Ultimate: Ultimate Ornithologist
Picture: (The art slave was feeling depressi, so I just googled something to use instead.)

Spoiler: Image
Last edited by Wiing on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not original so HERE'S SOME DRAGONS/EGGS! NOW CLICK ON THEM, YOU FUCKER!
Spoiler: Image Image Image Image Image
Wiing

Postby KingoftheRocks » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 am

Name: Paegus Vulpe.
Ultimate: Heroic Villain/Villainous Hero
KingoftheRocks wrote:also of course my combat trial
would end up f***ing a fire slime and become a half reptile
and being won
by giving a slime couple relationship counseling

*click this spoiler for my sig.

KingoftheRocks
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby VucubCaquix » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 am

Idk if I like the 6 action limit tbh

Hmm
Coming 2020 - Who is The Mole?
VucubCaquix
[Forum Mafia X] Winner
[Forum Mafia X] Winner

Postby Wiing » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:40 am

VucubCaquix wrote:Idk if I like the 6 action limit tbh

Hmm

Especially since the actions are relatively limited.
I'm not original so HERE'S SOME DRAGONS/EGGS! NOW CLICK ON THEM, YOU FUCKER!
Spoiler: Image Image Image Image Image
Wiing

Postby squosher » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:38 am

Posting to remind me to sign up later.
I usually go by Stereokuma in-game.

I am Nathan in DR-XXIII.

Help us count to 12020 before 2020
Help us count to 200300 before 2030
squosher
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (8/12 spo

Postby LetitiaWilson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:03 am

Name: Letitia Charon
Ultimate: Gravekeeper
Age (between 13-19): 19

I mean, if you're gonna use me as the night action example, might as well join.
Sayonara, bitches.
LetitiaWilson
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Gasocea » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:20 am

Wiing wrote:

Hmm

Especially since the actions are relatively limited.

Understandable, because it would seem the blackened doesn't have many actions to do his things, but that's not right. The killer has enough time to kill, do whatever he needs to do with the body and get himself an alibi, which is all one needs to get away with murder. There are also the two extra actions the killer has, which allows them to do more things they normally wouldn't do because of the risk of people walking in on them.
And it's worth noting that this has already been tested and is being used as the main action system in another forum that hosts games like this. If you want an example game from that forum PM me because I'm not sure I can link there here without breaking the advertising rule.
Segaco#3884
Gasocea

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (9/12 spo

Postby squosher » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:35 am

Name: Beau Snider
Ultimate: Epidemiologist
I usually go by Stereokuma in-game.

I am Nathan in DR-XXIII.

Help us count to 12020 before 2020
Help us count to 200300 before 2030
squosher
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (9/12 spo

Postby Segaco » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:57 am

Jordarrian wrote:Isn't this the same action system on that other forum

Yes it is
Segaco#3884
Segaco
Godfather
Godfather

Postby DumbStorm » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:32 am

Hmm

hi i'm alive again to tell you that it works just fine and it's plenty of time, although the people who've tested it only recently changed to the system and have discussed increasing that 6 action limit to something else because 6 actions encourage simplistic murders, but having it too high can place too much pressure on hosts, and 8 has worked in unofficial games in the community. It works just fine with 6 however and you don't need to worry about it

ok im ded again bye, have fun with ur game

edit: wait this is the reactionary system. that shit used to kill player engagement
Level 100 Cancermancer, Toad the Chode.

-Fallimoltus-

Being uncomfortable is the only emotion I feel in this RP.

'Happily' married to HereThereEverywhere
DumbStorm
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Alicitzen » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Gasocea wrote: If you want an example game from that forum PM me because I'm not sure I can link there here without breaking the advertising rule.

Its not advertising if its just showing an example
Discord: Alicitzen#1312
Alicitzen
Valentines 2017
Valentines 2017

Postby Phinerxen » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Jalandh wrote:Name: Henrik Libidine

wtf why'd you steal my username >:(
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (10/12 sp

Postby Hawkwing425 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Name: Kam'rae
Ultimate: Thief
Age (between 13-19): 15
Picture (optional):
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby Jalandh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 am

Phinerxen wrote:

What, no, Henrik Libidine is a DnD character of mine I've had for a hear and a half :v
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Phinerxen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:00 am

Jalandh wrote:
Phinerxen wrote:

What, no, Henrik Libidine is a DnD character of mine I've had for a hear and a half :v

o h
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Re: Danganronpa XVIII: Murder on the Forum Express (11/12 sp

Postby Gasocea » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Around 5 hours left for sign ups to end.
Segaco#3884
Gasocea

Next

Return to Dangan Ronpa