Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might (Day 1)

Subforum for the popular Dangan Ronpa forum games.

Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might (Day 1)

Postby PolyesterHomes » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might

Over the eons, empires have risen and fallen. These empires are made from nations, from people, and from ideas. Although the first two die with the passage of time, the ideas are notorious for their longevity. Ideas dethroned at the ballot box or by popular revolt live on in the memories and thoughts of their adherents. Ideas got their greatest boon through the age of the Internet, where mass communication made the propagation and espousing of ideas easy.

For several decades, ideas have competed and squared off on the Internet, and yet the ideas refused to die. Instead, people retreated into their own communities for a sense of belonging, leading to ideological stagnation the world over. Seeking to break the cycle, eleven people, prodigy's and masters of their craft, have begun their baptism by fire. Here, ideas will live and die based on the young men and women that champion. Their deaths means the failure of their ideology the world over, a final spasm to conclude their idea once and for all.

The righteous will succeed, and those who are unworthy will be forgotten. Such is the arena of ideas, and such is the fate of the eleven. The only question is who's ideas will be left standing when the dust settles

Rules:
1: PMs must start with DR.
2: No talking about the games current events outside of the game thread. Anyone caught discussing clues, evidence, or anything revolving trials or anything you should know not to talk about via common sense, will be immediately replaced.
3: Don’t cause any toxicity.
4: Suicides are forbidden.
5: You must post once per phase. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. If you are prodded twice you will be kicked out and replaced.
6: If no replacement can be found within 2 IRL days, the slot will be executed.

Standard Mechanics:
1: You win by impressing your host, this can be done by being one of the last two survivors or successfully committing murder and getting away with it.
2: There will be 4 phases. Day Phase, Night Phase, Investigation Phase and Trial Phase. Each of these passes is one cycle.
3: Day, Investigation, and Trial Phases last 24 hours.
3a: Nights are handled in turns. A turn ends when all players have submitted a action, have implicitly or explicitly chosen to wait, or 24 hours have passed. A night ends after 10 turns have passed.
4: Your connection to this world relies on a lifeline. Everyone has 2 cycles of lifeline to start with. Every kill that is committed extends everyone’s lifeline by one cycle.
5: During the Day phase, players may roleplay as they see fit. These posts are made publicly in the thread.
6: During the night Phase, all actions are communicated to the Game Master via PM. Roleplaying can happen here, but keep in mind this is also where people will commit murders.
7: During the Investigation Phase, everyone investigates the elimination within the thread.
8: Investigation and Trial phases will only happen once a murder has taken place and a body has been discovered by at least 2 people. They Blackened , AKA the murderer, may PM me or the co-host to exclude themselves from this. During the Trial phase, all players must work together to find who committed the murder with the evidence they found in the Investigation Phase.
9: If the Blackened is voted as the guilty party during the trial phase, they will be executed.
10: If the Blackened successfully avoids getting executed during the the trial phase, they will win and their dream will be implemented.
11: You may have 1 and only 1 accomplice when you murder someone. They will inherit the Blackened's rations if they successfully get away with the crime, as well as receive an additional 2 rations.
12: You can only kill 2 people per night.
13: Night lasts from 8 PM to 8 AM.

Special Mechanics:
1: Your Ultimate works as normal. However, you must also message the GM what nation you come from and what you want to happen to it. This can be any nation from the past or present, but must be approved by the GM.
2: You will get two starting assets provided by the GM, one based on your Ultimate, and one based on the ideal form of your nation. These will be roughly equal in usefulness regardless of your choice.
3: You can take steps to make it harder for you to be killed. However, aggressive players are generally favored. If the game is stagnating because of a lack of murders, the host will take steps to ensure things ramp up.
4: Everyone has an amount of rations they can take out of the kitchen equal to 3. You can gain one ration if the players execute the murderer. You can get 2 rations by being an accomplice. Stealing rations will result in execution.
5: If you go 3 days without rations, you die.
6: Each ration will last you a day.

Map:
Spoiler: Second Floor
Ground Floor and Dorms:
Basement Floor:

Player List:
Spoiler: 1: destawaits: Manami Okuda, the Ultimate Chemist
2: BRVR: Kijah, the Ultimate Diplomat
3: transportowiec96: Jeff Moose, The Ultimate Dropshort
4: GrumpyGoomba: Lizelotte Vermillion, The Ultimate Aristocrat
5: MrChuckleteeth Ramón Rodriguez, The Ultimate Soccer Star
6: Alicitzen: Sue Niper, Ultimate Sharpshooter.
7: ScratchCat: Sakia: Ultimate Prodigy
8: PokemonKidRyan: Yodoko Izara, The Ultimate Psychologist.
9: Blackajack: Leonid Smirnov: The Ultimate Philosopher
10: ejjinami: Salmon Jack: The Ultimate Messiah
11: Multiuniverse, Ushiromiya Ange, Ultimate Witch Hunter

Dead Players:
Spoiler: not yet

Begining:

The young men and women are in place. The struggle for survival, and the fight for their ideas, is set.

You have awoken in your dorms. After a few minutes, a voice comes on the intercome.

"Well, looks like you're all awake now. Go ahead and meet all your new assosiates. May as well remember them, right? When you're all well aquainted i'll open up access to the basement and the second floor. I wouldn't want to overwhealm you all at once, now would I?"
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dangan Ronpa XXI: Right Makes Might (Day 1)

Postby BRVR » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:01 pm

The man looks at everybody slowly. "I see... Ten potential allies. Ten potential enemies. All trapped together to set their ideas free at a grave price." His eyes land on the intercom. "With one merciful overlord." Then he claps his hands together. "My friends call me Kijah while my business partners refer to me as... Well feel free to consider yourself all a friend! I'm the Ultimate Diplomat. Words are our strongest weapons. I very well intend to survive using mine even if 8 of you have to go to the spiritual plane early."
The diplomat regards Sakia. "Sixteen? I'll keep an eye out for you in hopes your a final survivor."
THE GREAT KIJAH IS BACK AND IS HERE TO STAY!
I AM OPEN TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS TO FILL THE VOID IN MY HEART OF SADNESS!
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BRVR » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:24 pm

ScratchCat wrote:"yeah I skipped some grades, I am the ultimate prodigy after all, but hey, I hope you survive too" *Gives out hand to shake*

Kijah gives a practiced smile and a firm but gentle handshake.
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby BRVR » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:28 pm

ScratchCat wrote:"what do you do in your free time Kijah, I would like to know"

"Curiousity is a great trait, but privacy is of equal value. Therefore until i have a certain trust with individuals I shall keep those to myself."
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Yodoko Izara stood a small distance away from the others, quietly listening in on any conversation that was going on around him, be it from friends or foes. So far it seemed pretty abnormal what was happening and yet at the same time.. similarities did exist. Other ultimates quietly talking, introducing themselves. It was something to note. Even with someone speaking to him, he felt pretty confused and concerned. He had not even introduced himself yet and he had only woken up a short time ago.. how did someone know his identity already? Thinking it was best to quietly respond rather than make a scene due to being too quiet or too vocal he cleared his threat.

"I am doing well, thank you. Confused of course as for why this whole situation has occurred but.. fine" Short, simple and not giving away any inner feelings... it was Yodoko's own speciality, keeping a fairly neutral face when encountering any situation, even those foreign to him in the first place. Now, with a calm and logical thought he started to try and piece things together.. A few students, something about deaths and about ideals. Sure, he was trapped but as long as his ideology remained intact, he would stay calm but also be cautious in case of any sudden moves.
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:47 pm

Lizelotte studies her would be competitors, her visage carrying a confident smile.

"Oh how exciting, to see the finest of their nations all gathered here to realize their idea, potentially at the cost of their lives."

Lizelotte bows in a graceful manner, addressing the rest of the Ultimates gathered here.

"I am known as Lizelotte Vermillion. I look forward to seeing what each of you has to offer."
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:54 pm

Lizelotte is slightly surprised, since she is not used to being called by her first name. However, she quickly regains her composure in a practiced manner while hiding the lower half of her face with her fan. She understands that the rest of the people here are also Ultimates, and thus roughly her equals.

"Why I am doing quite fine, I thank you for asking. But whoever might you be?"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:05 am

"Ah the prodigy eh? Well then Sakia, I am glad to make your acquaintance!"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby BRVR » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:06 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:Lizelotte studies her would be competitors, her visage carrying a confident smile.

"Oh how exciting, to see the finest of their nations all gathered here to realize their idea, potentially at the cost of their lives."

Lizelotte bows in a graceful manner, addressing the rest of the Ultimates gathered here.

"I am known as Lizelotte Vermillion. I look forward to seeing what each of you has to offer."

"I think I've heard of your last name before. Perhaps we've discussed before long ago? Forgive me for my short memory. I've got a lot on my mind."
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:16 am

"Ah apologies, I forgot to introduce my title. I am also known as the Ultimate Aristocrat."

She then moves on to address Kijah, looking lost in thought reminiscing about something.

"I... do vaguely remember you talking to my father... Are you perhaps the Diplomat?"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby BRVR » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:50 am

GrumpyGoomba wrote:"Ah apologies, I forgot to introduce my title. I am also known as the Ultimate Aristocrat."

She then moves on to address Kijah, looking lost in thought reminiscing about something.

"I... do vaguely remember you talking to my father... Are you perhaps the Diplomat?"

"Yes I am! Your father was one worthy of my title i daresay."
BRVR
Survivor
Survivor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:15 am

BRVR wrote:
GrumpyGoomba wrote:"Ah apologies, I forgot to introduce my title. I am also known as the Ultimate Aristocrat."

"Yes I am! Your father was one worthy of my title i daresay."

"I'm glad to hear that! I do hope of following my father's footsteps and becoming a heir worthy of bearing the name of Vermillion. I look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship, if you would have no qualms with that."

Lizelotte then faces Saika, unsure of what to make of the boy's proposal.

"I'm... afraid to say this, but perhaps number games aren't the first thing in the mind of our fellow ultimates, given the particulars of our current situation."
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:42 am

Salmon Jack stays in a corner, leaning on the wall and calmly observing the competitors.
"I'm not here for fun so save your games for later.
Since, I'm assuming, all of us have been given a chance to accomplish our dreams, I shall warn you. All who wear socks with sandals, will receive the protection of the great cat god. Those who don't WILL die. Make your choice, there are no in-betweens."

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:43 am

Btw, can someone explain what an ultimate is? :P and how to use it (if it's sth that can be used)
Thx

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 am

And do we have to do anything else than just post/talk now? Like, any actions or sth.

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:55 am

((Ultimates are kinda like your title, they are based on what you can do the best/what you are famous for or sumthin like that. And yeah I assume for the day phase it's just talking and no actions.
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:07 am

(So the items we got are called ultimates? :/ eh
Well, ok, thanks)

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Technetium » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:41 am

Okay, so. I'm co-host or something. I know this means I do things with processing actions when the main host is not present, particularly during trials and investigations.
It appears that this time, before the other floors are opened, is mostly for talking and getting to know each other.
As for your Ultimates, they, along with your chosen ideologies, have determined what items you have been provided with.
(The Ultimates are known to all players, but it appears that countries of origin and ideologies are not.)

In memory of those who have been deleted.
The last poster to survive Blindside Island will win a cookie. Or perhaps 1500...
Technetium#8515 on Discord
Technetium
Godfather
Godfather

Postby ejjinami » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:00 am

nods in agreement

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby PolyesterHomes » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:06 am

ScratchCat wrote:"may we explore around here, that would be nice"*INTENSE GLARE AT INTERCOM*

"It seems you're eager to start exploring already. Not everyone has quite introduced themselves yet, but when most of you do, the rest of the facility will be opened for you."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PolyesterHomes » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:18 am

The lobby is rather large, much much larger than the hallway. A spiral staircase sits at the focal point of the lobby, leading upstairs. A metal wall about 10 feet tall blocks the way onto the staircase. How unfortunate.

A large portion of the Lobby is dedicated to a common area, where several couches and chairs sit around a large, empty space. The furniture is a hodgepodge of different styles, some covered in velvet and others being given a leather coating. Notably, a few of the chairs are simply made out of wood. Most of the room is eerily empty, only the cheap carpet and sterile walls to contrast with the furniture.

An elevator is to the right of the hallway. It looks out of place in a otherwise Mc-Mansionesque lobby, its stainless steel doors practically begging to be opened.

The doors to the other dorms are locked. Past a doorway leads to a dorm room slightly separate from the rest of the dorms, and to its right lies a staircase that leads downstairs. Unfortunately, a grate is blocking the way.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Multiuniverse » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 am

"Hmph."

Thanks parker for the gif and SuperDuper for suggesting rotational sig
Multiuniverse
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Blackajack » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:46 am

"Spacious, no? Our captors certainly seem to prefer it, though our dorms being strips is not intuitive."

"Anyone want to look at the elevator with me? Da, the lift may go up and out of here."

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:57 am

"Oh...? Is that nothing but wishful thinking? I doubt our host would leave us such an obvious path of escape if they wanted us here in the first place, don't you think so?"
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Blackajack » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:01 am

"Da, but optimism keeps you around. Even if it's false, you can trick your тело и ум otherwise."

Blackajack
Jailor
Jailor

Next

Return to Dangan Ronpa