Witch Glitch ?

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Witch Glitch ?

Postby stupidphoenix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 pm

So I was in a game with the following remaining roles:
Witch, Godfather, Bodyguard, Doctor

The first night with these remaining roles was this:
Witch controls Godfather > Godfather.
Godfather attacks Bodyguard, is controlled, attacks self.
Doctor heals Bodyguard.
Bodyguard protects Doctor.

Second night:
Witch controls Doctor, makes him heal the Witch.
The Bodyguard was guarding the Doctor.
The Godfather was attacking the Bodyguard.
The Doctor was choosing to heal the Bodyguard and was then being controlled into healing the Witch.

No one died that night. Bodyguard was attacked and healed.

Third night:
Exactly the same as above.

No one died.

How does that work? Bodyguard gets healed when the Doctor is being controlled and sent elsewhere and therefore could not have done that.

Please help.
I do not have any actual screenshots of this, but that is what happened.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Witch Glitch ?

Postby wad321 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm

From what I know about this game, it's either impossible or a glitch that I haven't heard about. However, witch was changed not so long ago, and I still haven't tested that role much, so it might be a bug.
My favourite and, sadly, the most under-appreciated role in Salem - Transporter.
Spoiler: Image
wad321
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:36 pm

wad321 wrote:From what I know about this game, it's either impossible or a glitch that I haven't heard about. However, witch was changed not so long ago, and I still haven't tested that role much, so it might be a bug.

The only change made to the Witch recently was that it learns the roles of who they control.

Maybe someone made a selection in the final few seconds of the night. If you wait until the very end of the night to make a selection, sometimes it won't be processed. That's all I got on this matter.

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby wad321 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:02 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
wad321 wrote:From what I know about this game, it's either impossible or a glitch that I haven't heard about. However, witch was changed not so long ago, and I still haven't tested that role much, so it might be a bug.

The only change made to the Witch recently was that it learns the roles of who they control.

Maybe someone made a selection in the final few seconds of the night. If you wait until the very end of the night to make a selection, sometimes it won't be processed. That's all I got on this matter.

Well, you cannot be 100% certain it was the only change. And late selection makes sense. However, if it happened how he described it, it's either impossible or a bug from witch side.
My favourite and, sadly, the most under-appreciated role in Salem - Transporter.
wad321
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby ElderSivart » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I've seen this before, with 2 docs healing each other. This was before the Witch change.
I couldn't force one to stop healing the other and the GF's kills kept failing.

Forgot to report it at the time.
ElderSivart
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby chitownmvp01 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:12 pm

wad321 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:

Well, you cannot be 100% certain it was the only change. And late selection makes sense. However, if it happened how he described it, it's either impossible or a bug from witch side.

I was referring to the Witch buff implemented with Patch 1.5.9.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby wad321 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:19 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
wad321 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:

I know. But unless you can see the code, you cannot be 100% sure they didn't change something else.
wad321
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby chitownmvp01 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm

wad321 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:
wad321 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:

I know. But unless you can see the code, you cannot be 100% sure they didn't change something else.

Are you suggesting that they may have changed something inadvertently?

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby stupidphoenix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:05 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:
wad321 wrote:I know. But unless you can see the code, you cannot be 100% sure they didn't change something else.

Are you suggesting that they may have changed something inadvertently?

I mean it's fairly obvious that he may be doing this, he is just suggesting that things may have been changed, whether on purpose or by accident, and these changes were not released if they were purposeful, as in released to public eyes.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Were you the Witch in this scenario? if not it can hard to tell for sure if the Witch actually did what you said they did. Sometimes players will say they did something when they didn't, but it also could be a bug, or it could be a misunderstanding on what actions were performed. It is hard to tell without screenshots from the parties involved.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby stupidphoenix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:41 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Were you the Witch in this scenario? if not it can hard to tell for sure if the Witch actually did what you said they did. Sometimes players will say they did something when they didn't, but it also could be a bug, or it could be a misunderstanding on what actions were performed. It is hard to tell without screenshots from the parties involved.

I was the Godfather but I would assume that the witch wasn't lying due to the fact that the only way they could have won is if they controlled either the doctor or the BG to move the protection so.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby chitownmvp01 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Did the Doctor claim in the chat that they were controlled by a Witch on the third and fourth days?

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:29 am

I have tried to reproduce the situation with Doctor, Witch and Serial Killer. It worked perfectly fine for me :c
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wad321 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:35 am

Indeed, the conditions which occured during your game are impossible.
wad321
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby stupidphoenix » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:22 am

chitownmvp01 wrote:Did the Doctor claim in the chat that they were controlled by a Witch on the third and fourth days?

I'm fairly certain, not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain the doctor even said they were controlled.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:30 pm

stupidphoenix wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:Did the Doctor claim in the chat that they were controlled by a Witch on the third and fourth days?

I'm fairly certain, not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain the doctor even said they were controlled.

Jerme wrote:I have tried to reproduce the situation with Doctor, Witch and Serial Killer. It worked perfectly fine for me :c

Phoenix wasn't 100% sure that the Doctor claimed controlled both days. Maybe they weren't controlled both days.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Moving ths to not bugs then, feel free to alert me on that topic again if it occurrs again, but please include some screenshots and be the Witch yourself~
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby stupidphoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:24 am

Jerme wrote:Moving ths to not bugs then, feel free to alert me on that topic again if it occurrs again, but please include some screenshots and be the Witch yourself~

If this exact scenario plays out again I'll be sure to report it with screenshots this time :lol:
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Not Bugs