Doused someone in jail

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Doused someone in jail

Postby qippy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:30 am

I doused someone in jail but after I ignited, they didn't die. Is this a new update??? It said my ability failed because they were jailed but it showed the doused symbol. It used to kill doused ppl that were in jail before. Arso's douse is unstoppable tho? Does this count as a bug? I didn't take a screenshot of it unfortunately.

Reproduction steps if known: I just doused someone while they were jailed.

Platform(iOS or Android): Android

Platform Version: 10

Device: Huawei 8x

App version: The latest version as of 3rd Oct 2021

Screenshots/video/gif:" Didn't take one
qippy

Re: Doused someone in jail

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:52 pm

As far as I know this was an intentional change that was added long ago to prevent jailors from jailing mayors every night to protect them from the arsonist. It's weird that you got a message saying your ability failed, though.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Jerme » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:55 pm

The ignite is an unstopable attack, the douse is not. If your target were jailed at the time you lit them up, they would've died.
Jailing preventing the douse/visit to be successful was implemented around 2018 with a revamping of the visiting system, so its quite some time ago.

Since this appears to be a bug report of something that isn't a bug, its incorrectly located in Ask Questions. I'll go ahead and move it to not bugs.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby qippy » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Ohh ok, thx for ur replies
qippy

Postby ScarfVendetta » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:45 am

The douse indicator still appeared despite the fact that the target was not actually doused. Shouldn't this still be categorised as a bug?
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby Flavorable » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:50 am

ScarfVendetta wrote:The douse indicator still appeared despite the fact that the target was not actually doused. Shouldn't this still be categorised as a bug?

That's intended behavior as far as we're aware.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Not Bugs