Trying to make a new account and link to steam

Bug reports that aren't really bugs are stored here.

Trying to make a new account and link to steam

Postby itsyaboi1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:20 pm

I bought this game on steam when it first came out. Played it for awhile and eventually got perma banned due to bad usernames, which is fair enough. But now, 2+ years later, I have deleted that old account via the deletion link and when I try to link a new account to steam, it says I am unable to.
"Your original linked steam account was banned. You are prohibited from creating or linking another account."
This was over 2 years ago, surely they're not gonna STILL punish me or make me buy the game on another steam account? I know I can play on the browser but I like getting the achievements... what can i do now?
itsyaboi1

Re: Trying to make a new account and link to steam

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:48 am

Due to the way Steam and Town of Salem links the game, you're stuck connected to the account, and have to re-purchase Town of Salem on another Steam account.

So yes, you're still being punished. How fair would it be for you to get everything back after breaking the rules, when everyone else had to start over?

Moved out of Steam Bug Reports, as this isn't a bug.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to make a new account and link to steam

Postby itsyaboi1 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:13 am

Ah I thought I posted into the right section, I fine with being banned, I was hoping i could buy a new account, wipe my steam one and play on my main steam account with a new paid for account. If that's the case, I'm not going to make a new steam account to play nor do I want to play on the browser.
Thanks for your reply.
itsyaboi1

Return to Not Bugs