No transporting until Late Game

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

No transporting until Late Game

Postby Kelisidina » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 am

I would HIGHLY recommend telling jailor in jail or some other confirmed town in whisper who your role is, and always have a substantial fake-claim ready.

I think regardless of any gamemode, all ToS users can agree that the average transporter does more harm than good for the town. Vigilantes shooting someone else other than their preferred shot, an important townie getting transed into a maf attack early game, etc.

Therefore, there is no reason to trans people so early in the game until late game, at EARLIEST night 4 [You guys tell me if that's fair or not].

Here's my reasoning; mafia not knowing there's a trans in the game will make the maf outright say who they're gonna attack, as they know no one was transed. You can work this to your advantage by saying 'Oh, attack me plz so we can end this game quick.' There, you can trans yourself with one of the mafs, sort of as a 'last hurrah' if maf still has majority in the end or as a way to even the field if you get a tie vote.

A main reason why I'm suggesting this is because aside of confirming yourself very early and getting town to listen to you, there is little reason to trans anybody early game, especially in a game like classic/coven RP/ranked where TIs are trying to get roles and stuff. Imagine a sheriff finding 6 sus, but 6 was instead claimed to be transed with 7. The problem is that 7 doesn't confirm the trans while 6 does. It's possible that the trans and 6 are lying to cover up, whilst 7 is mafia trying to get the trans or 6 killed. Overall, it's just a big mess due to the transporter transing night one.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Re: No transporting until Late Game

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:34 pm

I think regardless of any gamemode, all ToS users can agree that a bad transporter does more harm than good for the town.

Corrected it for you

Vigilantes shooting someone else other than their preferred shot, an important townie getting transed into a maf attack early game, etc.

The vigi thing most of times is vigi's fault, vigi should whisper the trans or call out their shoot, or give a signal that Giles Corey may get shot at night

The maf attack is trans fault, I agree

Therefore, there is no reason to trans people so early in the game until late game, at EARLIEST night 4 [You guys tell me if that's fair or not].

Ok lets see where does this goes

Here's my reasoning; mafia not knowing there's a trans in the game will make the maf outright say who they're gonna attack, as they know no one was transed. You can work this to your advantage by saying 'Oh, attack me plz so we can end this game quick.' There, you can trans yourself with one of the mafs, sort of as a 'last hurrah' if maf still has majority in the end or as a way to even the field if you get a tie vote.

Bad idea, an unclaimed person in late game means 2 things that a mafia with 2 braincells will notice

1: They are witch/exe

2: They are TP/TK/other important townie

So you may easily die before that

Also if mafia gets majority its mostly your fault because trans is very strong in the right hands and can easily avoid that

A main reason why I'm suggesting this is because aside of confirming yourself very early and getting town to listen to you, there is little reason to trans anybody early game, especially in a game like classic/coven RP/ranked where TIs are trying to get roles and stuff. Imagine a sheriff finding 6 sus, but 6 was instead claimed to be transed with 7. The problem is that 7 doesn't confirm the trans while 6 does. It's possible that the trans and 6 are lying to cover up, whilst 7 is mafia trying to get the trans or 6 killed. Overall, it's just a big mess due to the transporter transing night one.
[/quote]

On night 1? Yeah random transing N1 is bad for many reasons

After that, not transing anyone means either you are too scared because you are bad

Or you are just bad at playing the role

Suposing jailor revealed (thats what happens in most games even though that strat is lame) and that town isnt full of idiots, you will have at least 1 claimed player, 1 player that is worth transporting

Imo this is a bad idea
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Re: No transporting until Late Game

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:21 am

I think i will continue to trans the way I wanna trans ^^

ty for your input

(also noob transes dont read guides on how to trans)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Strategic Discussion