Why don't jailors jail D1 jail requests?

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Why don't jailors jail D1 jail requests?

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:08 pm

It doesn't make any sense not to jail a d1 jail request as a revealed jailor, assuming TP will be on you. So why tf do most jailors just leave jail requests out in the open to die?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Re: Why don't jailors jail D1 jail requests?

Postby cob709 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 pm

Why do you need to rely on being jailed N1?
Answer: You don't.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby RedUp » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm

There's a chance you're actually a Serial Killer looking for a free kill when the Jailor can't execute N1. Or at best you're claiming Mayor, which it seems like you could do by whisper, and that's not to be trusted until you reveal anyway.
RedUp
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 am

OreCreeper wrote:It doesn't make any sense not to jail a d1 jail request as a revealed jailor, assuming TP will be on you. So why tf do most jailors just leave jail requests out in the open to die?

Because the MK wont be asking to be jailed n1, and better information can be gathered than what you think is really important......
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OBeauPeep » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 am

Why does Jailor need to listen to somebody who isn't confirmed?
It is Jailor's choice who to jail.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby BlastingOff » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:30 pm

if a Jailor claimed d1 like they should, SK attacking them from the inside won't be an issue, because they will likely have a TP on them and thus Jailor will have nothing to worry about. Providing protection for a Mayor while you yourself are being protected is actually a strong combo.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby CheezePie » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:15 am

Haven't really seen this lately, but I never jail someone who asks for it D1 (tbh I rarely even follow the meta, quiet jailor stratssss)
It's not like evils will target them anyway most of the time, since their attack could be wasted if they really were jailed.
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby OBeauPeep » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:53 pm

cob709 wrote:Why do you need to rely on being jailed N1?

Besides somebody is most likely going to be jailed n1. Why not just keep quiet and hope you are the one picked?
Your odds will probably be better that way.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby hissingwillows » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Others have made some of these points, but because someone wanting to be jailed can be 1) an sk wanting the free kill, 2) someone just wasting your time, 3) someone who doesn't need the protection just wanting it (I've seen meds/sheriffs/etc want this), or 4) you are an important role but should be not relying on jailor to protect you. Often just asking to be jailed on d1 means the killing roles aren't going to go on you on the chance of wasting a kill. I find that I'm usually less likely to be killed in general on n1 if I say *something* on d1, because people are so afraid of baiting (especially in games when few others speak up d1). Its not always enough to protect you, but it can help.

Unless a mayor were to actually reveal d1 (which... why), I wouldn't jail someone asking for it d1. I've never seen a good reason to, but maybe someone has a reasonable strategy for it.
hissingwillows
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:12 am

My logic as jailor is to jail random people to get roles from potential scum. The jail request is usually town and I don't want to waste a night to jail most likely a townie. And as long as no one knows who I jailed, there's a chance fake claims will out their visits on jailed people and confirm themselves as evils.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby andreaslag » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 am

I believe that a D1 jail request can be used as a vet bait. Another reason i think that D1 jail requests aren't accepted is because D1 lasts 10 seconds, not enough to decide.
andreaslag
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Strategic Discussion