Guaranteed Town Win in 2v1s

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Guaranteed Town Win in 2v1s

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:01 pm

There's a very simple strat that guarantees a town win in every 2v1. Basically, if there is uncertainty between two suspicious town members in a 2v1, just vote up any one of them up, before asking the other suspicious person to leave the game. If they do, you just guilty the one that's on the stand. If the other player is evil, they would most likely not want to leave, and this wouldn't be the case if they were a Townie (I've seen townies eager to leave just so the NE loses the game, so it's not a stretch to say this is almost always true). So if they refuse to leave, you just inno and vote up the other person since they're now confirmed evil. Either way, this is a guaranteed town win.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Re: Guaranteed Town Win in 2v1s

Postby ScarfVendetta » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:10 pm

If you leave the game, you receive a loss, even if your team wins. There is no incentive for a townie to leave the game. It's also against the rules to leave a game while alive.

If you really expect a townie to leave the game, receive a loss, then get their account suspended, you're mistaken.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:04 pm

This strat is a bruh moment
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Savagepeyton » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Hopefully this thread was posted as a joke. It would be concerning if someone who has been playing since 2017 didn't know that:
A. Leaving while alive is bannable, regardless of game scenario.
B. If you leave, whether you are living or dead at the time, it counts as an automatic loss for your records, even if your faction ends up winning the game.
Savagepeyton
Executioner
Executioner

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:44 am

OreCreeper wrote:There's a very simple strat that guarantees a town win in every 2v1. Basically, if there is uncertainty between two suspicious town members in a 2v1, just vote up any one of them up, before asking the other suspicious person to leave the game. If they do, you just guilty the one that's on the stand. If the other player is evil, they would most likely not want to leave, and this wouldn't be the case if they were a Townie (I've seen townies eager to leave just so the NE loses the game, so it's not a stretch to say this is almost always true). So if they refuse to leave, you just inno and vote up the other person since they're now confirmed evil. Either way, this is a guaranteed town win.

So what do you do when its YOU that is the suspicious townie and on trial in the 2v1???

In you scenario, i would likely inno whoever is on trial, and vote the guy who asked me to leave.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:18 am

ScarfVendetta wrote:If you leave the game, you receive a loss, even if your team wins. There is no incentive for a townie to leave the game. It's also against the rules to leave a game while alive.

If you really expect a townie to leave the game, receive a loss, then get their account suspended, you're mistaken.

Bruh you've never played ranked before, the townies there will happily leave while alive so the mafia can't give the NE a win. Mafia in TT is willing to leave to start the countdown. So there's no reason why townies wouldn't leave to give town a win.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby ScarfVendetta » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:37 am

OreCreeper wrote:Bruh you've never played ranked before, the townies there will happily leave while alive so the mafia can't give the NE a win. Mafia in TT is willing to leave to start the countdown. So there's no reason why townies wouldn't leave to give town a win.

If you leave while alive during a Ranked game, you lose the maximum amount of ELO possible for your bracket (-30 for Diamond and below, -15 for Masters). Even if you were about to lose anyway, you'd likely be tripling your own ELO loss. The vast majority of the playerbase are unwilling to both break the rules and throw away their hard-earned ELO just to spite another player.

The Town Traitor meta is in a pretty terrible state right now, I will grant you that. it's common for players to leave in order to activate the countdown. However, these players are still guaranteeing themselves a loss in the process (even if it does help their team) so it cannot be considered the optimal play. It's also still against the rules to do so. These factors are why rational players don't follow this 'meta'.

Neither of these examples validate your "strategy". You will still encounter the sane majority of players that won't gamethrow for you.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:07 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
ScarfVendetta wrote:If you leave the game, you receive a loss, even if your team wins. There is no incentive for a townie to leave the game. It's also against the rules to leave a game while alive.

Bruh you've never played ranked before, the townies there will happily leave while alive so the mafia can't give the NE a win. Mafia in TT is willing to leave to start the countdown. So there's no reason why townies wouldn't leave to give town a win.

Obviously you are one of those players who fail to get to gold elo since you leave. Obviously you've never played ranked as townies will never leave to lose -30 elo.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:33 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:Obviously you are one of those players who fail to get to gold elo since you leave. Obviously you've never played ranked as townies will never leave to lose -30 elo.

If you're going to say "obviously", you should guess one thing, not accuse him of two different things that contradict each other.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby EqsyLootz » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Brilliand wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:Obviously you are one of those players who fail to get to gold elo since you leave. Obviously you've never played ranked as townies will never leave to lose -30 elo.

If you're going to say "obviously", you should guess one thing, not accuse him of two different things that contradict each other.

Shut lmao. I realized xD
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:51 am

This strat is good for TT games where mafia leaves the game because the only mafia beside TT is jailed/roleblocked. I feel like town is justified to use the same "trick".
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:33 am

Just a side note, but people do realize that if you are playing anything other than Ranked, leaving the game before it ends doesn’t count as a loss, right?.

Not that I know from experience
Or that my W/L is 112 - 2
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:19 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:Just a side note, but people do realize that if you are playing anything other than Ranked, leaving the game before it ends doesn’t count as a loss, right?.

Not that I know from experience
Or that my W/L is 112 - 2

You lose a bunch of elo though
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:52 am

dolphina wrote:You lose a bunch of elo though

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:anything other than Ranked
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:59 am

dolphina wrote:You lose a bunch of elo though

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:anything other than Ranked

dolphina wrote:I'm dumb
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby XavierStronome » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:49 am

bad joke post, OP
favorite thread: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=110830

smash like if you r mental state is rapidly deteriorating!!!!
XavierStronome

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Afraid somebody may kill you? Just kill yourself first.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby CheezePie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:16 am

ICECLIMBERS wrote:Afraid somebody may kill you? Just kill yourself first.

tried and tested
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:41 am

this is actually stupid. not only does leaving mean that you dont get a win even if your team won after you left, but it's also reportable to leave while alive in many situations. surely this is a joke
signature

this is a certified floating candle moment

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:11 am

But it's practically being used in TT games to help the faction win, whether you want it or not.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 am

that doesn't make it any better. if anything, it's kinda sad that people are willing to throw away wins like that. even if you leaving would help your faction win, you shouldn't leave, since the outcome of the game won't matter if you leave
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:02 pm

KAKERMAN23 wrote:that doesn't make it any better. if anything, it's kinda sad that people are willing to throw away wins like that. even if you leaving would help your faction win, you shouldn't leave, since the outcome of the game won't matter if you leave

Honestly yeah but leaving as last mafia in TT is pretty much meta, and this can be one as well. Maybe there should be a feature that lets you commit suicide without having to leave the game (obviously, doing it for no reason would be punishable for gamethrowing, but if it's for strategic purposes its not).
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:04 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
KAKERMAN23 wrote:that doesn't make it any better. if anything, it's kinda sad that people are willing to throw away wins like that. even if you leaving would help your faction win, you shouldn't leave, since the outcome of the game won't matter if you leave

Honestly yeah but leaving as last mafia in TT is pretty much meta, and this can be one as well. Maybe there should be a feature that lets you commit suicide without having to leave the game (obviously, doing it for no reason would be punishable for gamethrowing, but if it's for strategic purposes its not).

Suicide ability

ToL time
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby KAKERMAN23 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 am

the suicide thing has its own upsides and downsides, but regardless, leaving while alive is never strategic
signature

i am female now jsjsjs
KAKERMAN23
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:53 pm

Unless you play TT gamemode, then leaving while alive is strategic for both sides. It's not as much strategic in other games, though there might be scenarios, it's more like improvisation rather than strategy.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Next

Return to Strategic Discussion