Who should an investigator check?

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Claimless people.
83%
People who claimed.
17%

Total votes : 29

Postby Joacgroso » Sat May 07, 2022 10:29 am

I'm curious about this because I was talking about this subject in some other thread. Should an investigator check claimless people to question them later, or should he check people who claimed hoping to catch them in a lie?

I like to check suspicious people wheter they have claimed or not, but I tend to prioritize claimless people as that makes them more suspicious in my eyes. What is your opinion on this? Evils always claim within their results in my games, so I feel like checking people who claimed is unlikely to work. But I'm not a ranked person, I prefer the chill of RP.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: Who should an investigator check?

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat May 07, 2022 10:42 am

N1 check random
N2 check common fake claims (like sheriff or med), if their claim seems solid enough then check unclaimed
N3 repeat n2 action
N4-N5 at this point sus people should have been killed, so the evils remaining do have more solid claims, check anyone that isnt confirmed, if not then repeat n2 action
N6 (and later nights) repeat n4-n5 action
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat May 07, 2022 10:44 am

So to answer your poll: either one depending on the situation
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby alex1234321 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:35 pm

I play All Any and almost always check claimless people. If they've claimed already you've already got decent information about them. But also claimless people will almost always be scummier than people who claimed unless they either appear to be an important townie like Jailor or the person who claimed made an extremely scummy claim and has otherwise been acting scummy. Also if they haven't claimed yet I sometimes force them to claim without revealing my role and try to trap them into a lie, especially early in the game.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed May 11, 2022 8:42 pm

Oh yeah forgot to say I was talking about rank, in AA/CAA you should 100% go for unclaimed except on some specific situations
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:18 am

Depending on what's left on the rolelist, you can check claimed roles that may guarantee the claimed role as town. For example, when there's no exe or WW, you can check sheriff claims. When there's no RM, you can invests, spies, meds, rets.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Algus » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:22 am

anyone who hasnt spoken d1 n1

anyone who doesnt vote to the stand a later confirmed mafia/cov member

sus claims/hard to prove claims

least likely claims
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby jack008 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:13 pm

It seems like you have a focused strategy when playing All Any, particularly in checking claimless individuals. You believe that claimless players are often more suspicious compared to those who have already made claims unless they hold significant town roles like the Jailor. Additionally, if someone has made a suspicious claim and acted scummy, you may target them for further scrutiny.

Furthermore, when encountering claimless players who haven't revealed their roles yet, you sometimes employ a tactic of forcing them to claim without revealing your role. This approach allows you to potentially catch them in a lie, particularly during the game's early stages.

It's important to note that strategies can vary in effectiveness depending on the specific game, player dynamics, and the information available. While your approach may work in some situations, it's always wise to adapt and adjust your tactics based on the evolving game state and the behavior of other players.

Remember to consider the context, analyze the information you gather, and make informed decisions to increase your chances of success. Good luck with your future games in All Any!
jack008

Return to Strategic Discussion