Is this fair?

Discuss the newest strategies involving the game in a professional manner and spread your knowledge

Re: Is this fair?

Postby SparkingJay » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Was it necessary to revive this thread lmao

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Evidently not by the looks of it...
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Dannyk2226 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Bully jailor. Nothing more to it.
Dannyk2226
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Personally I enjoy the 3, 2, 1 Strategy of being jailor. It pressures evils into quickly claiming an unreliable role however a big issue is when a Town may be afk or isnt paying attention/slow typer. Often instead of 3, 2, 1 I do: 1 Missisipi, 2 Mississipi, 3 Mississipi as thats plenty of time.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kosmo16 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 am

I remember some Jailors were metagaming and was asking for lines in your role card. That was always make me laugh.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby LewisFaisal » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:31 pm

I do 3, 2, 1 night 2 onwards, but I'd never exe if they took like 5-10 seconds to post. It's purely for the pressure. I may hit "Execute", but I'll redact it once they paste their will.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby flairric66 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 am

kosmo16 wrote:What you claim n1/n2 depends on many factors

What you claim depends on what night it is and what else has happened thus far in the game. Other than that, you can use other things to make your decision but they are not strictly speaking necessary.
My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies.
Rip Hunter wrote:"Well, you really have buggered everything up this time."

Gorilla Grodd wrote:"It is time to Make America Grodd Again."

Squidward wrote:"There are some vikings here to see you."

Chocolate was first made in Southern Mexico/Central America
Darryl Strawberry is a right-fielder who was born on March 12, 1962 in Los Angeles, California.
flairric66
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Algus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:40 am

i'm not gonna count down, but if after 3-4 seconds you havent posted a will i'm gonna execute you and never have a second thought about it

theres very little excuse for it now. before you had to manually copy paste the will, and you still had plenty of time to do that. now that theres a button to do it for you, i have no sympathy if you fail to claim in time.

i'll go further and say that if you're town and you get executed for being too slow, you're the one that threw
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby LewisFaisal » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:11 am

Algus wrote:i'm not gonna count down, but if after 3-4 seconds you havent posted a will i'm gonna execute you and never have a second thought about it

theres very little excuse for it now. before you had to manually copy paste the will, and you still had plenty of time to do that. now that theres a button to do it for you, i have no sympathy if you fail to claim in time.

i'll go further and say that if you're town and you get executed for being too slow, you're the one that threw

Ehh, in that situation, I don't think anyone 'threw'. Mobile is difficult to paste wills and Browser isn't as easy as steam.

If anyone DID throw in that situation, it's the Jailor for executing with haste. If they take 15 seconds to claim medium w/ no will and have been quiet, not voting, not cc'ing, exe hat shit. If they take like 15 seconds to post their will as an Investigator or a Lookout, have been voting, cc'd early, then at most, ask why they took so long. Executing because someone couldn't post their will in seconds isn't good. Is eager it'd exe more townies over evils.
LewisFaisal
Witch
Witch

Postby Algus » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:02 pm

LewisFaisal wrote:If anyone DID throw in that situation, it's the Jailor for executing with haste. If they take 15 seconds to claim medium w/ no will and have been quiet, not voting, not cc'ing, exe hat shit. If they take like 15 seconds to post their will as an Investigator or a Lookout, have been voting, cc'd early, then at most, ask why they took so long. Executing because someone couldn't post their will in seconds isn't good. Is eager it'd exe more townies over evils.

you're making the assumption that they haven't already done something wrong to end up in jail after n1 which is almost never the case

the first jail is the only random one, every jail after that was a conscious decision by all but the worst of players

and because of that, im giving you roughly 5 seconds

and you know, unless i'm insta exing you for being all but confirmed or literally confirmed evil- i'm not asking for much

you dont even have to have a good will, you dont have to have any useful information. but you have to have a written will
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ElleJoy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:18 pm

It's a stupid strategy that I've seen work -maybe- once in my ToS playing life. It takes a hot few seconds to copy/paste a will sometimes (esp if you didn't notice you were jailed right away cause you're, I dunno... DOING YOUR JOB). There are 30 seconds in that cell and every one of those 30 seconds should be counted - not just three of them. Specifically since most idiots who use this strategy aren't even using a REAL length of three seconds, cause they type 1, 2, 3 faster than I can say it out loud. It's an aggressive, asinine and frankly lazy way for a jailer to do his job.
ElleJoy
Executioner
Executioner

Previous

Return to Strategic Discussion