Zombie (Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Zombie (Neutral Chaos)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:29 am

Role Name:
Zombie

Role Alignment:
Neutral Chaos

Abilities:
- When alive, you can visit a target and infect them.
- When dead, you can control an infected player into any uninfected person once every two days only after you've been killed.

Attributes:
The phrasing 'infected players' etc include yourself unless otherwise stated, since you're also infected.
    - Any infected players infect all all of those who attack them if the attack goes through uninterrupted.
    - Any infected players that are lynched do not infect anyone.
    - If any infected players are executed by the Jailor, the Jailor becomes infected.
    - If an infected player dies, that persons role will appear as "rotted" in the Graveyard though their Last Will will still be shown.
    - Once a person becomes infected (excluding you), the infected person dies after three days.
    - If a non-infected player visits or gets visited by any infected player twice (can be two different infected people), the non-infected person becomes infected.
    - Once an infected player becomes infected, they get a message saying "You have caught some sort of contagious illness" which notifies them of the infection.
    - Infected players can still use their day/night abilities but visiting abilities will infect others.

Goal:
Have everyone become infected.

Win Conditions:
Wins with anyone (as long as everyone's infected)

Additional Information:
  • Since the Arsonist doesn't attack directly, when they douse an infected person the Arsonist becomes infected whereas they do not if they already doused them before infection and ignited.
  • The Zombie cannot win unless they are attacked or executed by the Jailor.
  • The notification for infections is essentially a mental role-block (much like the LO being a mental TP if that makes sense) stopping people from visiting in case of infecting an important town but works over an extended period of time over multiple people unlike the esc/consort.
  • The purpose of controlling an infected player is to have them infect more and more people. Controlling a player gives the message "Your infection got the best of you, you were controlled"

~~~~
I tried creating a role idea which can be played after being killed like the Medium (with their seances) and doesn't necessarily need a specific faction to win in order to get their victory. Let me know what you think of it, it's my first role idea so please lemme know how bad it is. Also if this is too similar to somebody else's idea or maybe if it's too similar to an already existing role like Plaguebearer and Vampire but I don't feel it is that way, let me know because I couldn't find one too similar too this personally but yeah.

Edit: I just saw that a Chaos role (any role that is built to bring chaos to the game) is included in the 'concepts not to make' section of role idea rules or whatever it's called. I am not sure if this counts but please let me know if I am not allowed to do this or something so I know, thanks in advance :)
Last edited by JacksonVirgo on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Zombie (Neutral Chaos)

Postby Brilliand » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 pm

I don't think you've broken any rule, but I don't like the "must die at night" mechanic. Granted, this is the best use of the "wants to die at night" pseudo-goal that I've seen, but I think the role would be better without it.

Also, it feels a bit too vampire-like, despite not actually being a conversion role.

JacksonVirgo wrote:Edit: I just saw that a Chaos role (any role that is built to bring chaos to the game) is included in the 'concepts not to make' section of role idea rules or whatever it's called. I am not sure if this counts but please let me know if I am not allowed to do this or something so I know, thanks in advance :)

1) That doesn't mean "don't make Neutral Chaos roles", that means don't make anything really chaotic that's primarily there to confuse people.

2) "Concepts not to make" isn't a list of rules anyway, just suggestions to reduce how many crap roles get made.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Andrija04 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:57 pm

It seems like it could be my favorite role but what is it's attack value? Can people be saved from the infection by a Doctor or other Protective roles?
Andrija04
Medium
Medium

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I was thinking that the doctor cannot heal this since in all the pop culture 'zombie' films etc. The zombie infections are never curable (unless somebody is immune to it), so I don't think a Doctor should be able to cure it.

Other Protective roles would work differently. If a Protective role (such as Bodyguard) protects the attacker, the Protective role would become infected alongside the attacker. That is for all but the Doctor because they'd have a face mask while healing someone and they can only be infected by an infected person visiting them.

The final attack after three days will be unstoppable but the infection works similar to the plague-bearer where you can't really stop it. This attack is because their bodies rot instead of just being attacked and that is not something that can be healed or protected against. It also makes people make quick decisions because of the limited time frame that they're alive for after being infected.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Abilities states you can infect people while alive, but attributes says they can't infect anyone until they're dead. Seems to be conflicting information here. If the zombie infects everyone, but doesn't die, do they still win?

Edit: Lol whoops sorry if this counts as necrobumping. I didn't look at how old this post was.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:Abilities states you can infect people while alive, but attributes says they can't infect anyone until they're dead. Seems to be conflicting information here. If the zombie infects everyone, but doesn't die, do they still win?

Edit: Lol whoops sorry if this counts as necrobumping. I didn't look at how old this post was.

I re-read through this (because I completely forgot about it) and I couldn't see anywhere in the attributes saying that they can't infect anyone until they're dead, am I being blind? And the Zombie needs to die to win, if they don't they can't win.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:28 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:I re-read through this (because I completely forgot about it) and I couldn't see anywhere in the attributes saying that they can't infect anyone until they're dead, am I being blind?.

I see that here:

JacksonVirgo wrote:
  • The Zombie cannot win unless they are attacked or executed by the Jailor since otherwise, they can't infect anyone.

It's in "Additional Information" though, not "Attributes".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Ah thanks, I have no idea what I originally wanted to put there (assuming writing that was an accident and I meant to say something else). Edited it out.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas