Sheriff Change

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Sheriff Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat May 26, 2018 8:17 am

Credits to BS4125

- Instead of the Sheriff finding an evildoer to be a specific evildoer they are all classified under "Suspicious" now.

This makes it so the NKs can claim framed now, a small but needed buff to them.

(If this was implemented Douse Frames for Sheriff, would need to be removed which already make Sheriff quite useless).
Last edited by BasicFourLife on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off. Thank you.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby TheGator » Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 am

Maybe also state what roles are effected by this.
Like does Arsonist count?
Support the Gator club! (Talk about TOS, ideas, life, crocodilians and much much more.)

Check out my haunted mansion by clicking here!

I own a Casino! Wanna play a game at my Casino? If so click on this link
Click on this link or it will Infect you!

Fourm Games
Spoiler: TGVIII - Citizen - Survived - Town
TGX - Consort - Canned



Image
User avatar
TheGator
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 pm
Location: Planet of the Gators!

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 am

TheGator wrote:Maybe also state what roles are effected by this.
Like does Arsonist count?

ah yes, Arsonist frames people as Arsonist in TG for the Sheriff... (i need to discuss to remove that change)
I am kindly telling you to fuck off. Thank you.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby MCGamerXVI » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:01 pm

This is basically my post over here: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85282

Before I updated it to 1.3.

Anyway because of making it all suspicious, just like the people said in my post, the sheriff will become a investigative role that has no reliable information.
MCGamerXVI
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 am

MCGamerXVI wrote:This is basically my post over here: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85282

Before I updated it to 1.3.

Anyway because of making it all suspicious, just like the people said in my post, the sheriff will become a investigative role that has no reliable information.

The only thing is changes is that SKs and WWs on full moons can claim framed, and it doesn’t know if its target is Mafia or NK.. those are the only interactions it changes.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off. Thank you.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:15 am

I made this exact post basic but you said it was a bad idea on discord, I know you don't listen baka

Anyway here an idea for douse frames
Doused on The Night a player is doused will show up as suspicious.
\O.O/ \O.O/
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 am

Soulshade55r wrote:I made this exact post basic but you said it was a bad idea on discord, I know you don't listen baka

Anyway here an idea for douse frames
Doused on The Night a player is doused will show up as suspicious.

Frame douses should be removed altogether for both Sheriff, Invest and Interviewer
I am kindly telling you to fuck off. Thank you.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:18 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I made this exact post basic but you said it was a bad idea on discord, I know you don't listen baka

Anyway here an idea for douse frames
Doused on The Night a player is doused will show up as suspicious.

Frame douses should be removed altogether for both Sheriff, Invest and Interviewer


Nah I think on the night someone's doused they should be under those results but I agree that having ALL doused targets is way too over kill
\O.O/ \O.O/
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I made this exact post basic but you said it was a bad idea on discord, I know you don't listen baka

Anyway here an idea for douse frames
Doused on The Night a player is doused will show up as suspicious.

Frame douses should be removed altogether for both Sheriff, Invest and Interviewer


Nah I think on the night someone's doused they should be under those results but I agree that having ALL doused targets is way too over kill

You mean like how Hex is?
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Schultz128 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Framing is a bad mechanic tbh
User avatar
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:09 am

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby KingArmaan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:42 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Credits to BS4125

- Instead of the Sheriff finding an evildoer to be a specific evildoer they are all classified under "Suspicious" now.

This makes it so the NKs can claim framed now, a small but needed buff to them.

(If this was implemented Douse Frames for Sheriff, would need to be removed which already make Sheriff quite useless).


I don't see anything wrong with this.
/Support
User avatar
KingArmaan
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:39 am

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby fwogcarf » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm

I want to nerf this so that everyone is suspicious except Werewolf, tbh
Spoiler: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M79vYZu-WIKrW0WQ0pCISBq66DeBfSir5T7RCuy0OWY/edit?usp=sharing
We are creators of our own future


We are supporters of forces against despair


We defend against the evils of the world


We are guardians, we are strong
User avatar
fwogcarf
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:56 am

fwogcarf wrote:I want to nerf this so that everyone is suspicious except Werewolf, tbh

Even Town?

Werewolf doesn't need to be buffed it needs to be put into Neutral chaos

Also arsonist still needs a buff >:(

Removing the douse message may of nerfed it because people would claim doused and then Mafia wouldn't normally target someone who is doused, its kinda gonna kill less people.

Anyway I think Arsonists should stay NS
\O.O/ \O.O/
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby DestroyerR225 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:07 am

Soulshade55r wrote:
fwogcarf wrote:I want to nerf this so that everyone is suspicious except Werewolf, tbh

Even Town?

Werewolf doesn't need to be buffed it needs to be put into Neutral chaos

Also arsonist still needs a buff >:(

Removing the douse message may of nerfed it because people would claim doused and then Mafia wouldn't normally target someone who is doused, its kinda gonna kill less people.

Anyway I think Arsonists should stay NS

Why would WW not be a NK? It’s goal and mechanics are exactly those of a NK
Coroner
Informant
Cult Leader
Concealer
Stager

Other roles that can’t be linked because of the URL limit:
Stalker
Enforcer
Lawyer

T.R.A.S.H characters:
(p. 14487)
(p. 14618)
(p. 14844)
DestroyerR225
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:34 am

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:38 am

DestroyerR225 wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:
fwogcarf wrote:I want to nerf this so that everyone is suspicious except Werewolf, tbh

Even Town?

Werewolf doesn't need to be buffed it needs to be put into Neutral chaos

Also arsonist still needs a buff >:(

Removing the douse message may of nerfed it because people would claim doused and then Mafia wouldn't normally target someone who is doused, its kinda gonna kill less people.

Anyway I think Arsonists should stay NS

Why would WW not be a NK? It’s goal and mechanics are exactly those of a NK

It's absolutely broken and needs to be removed from Ranked ASAP.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off. Thank you.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Mystoc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:40 pm

this inst a small buff isn't a minuscule buff, first their needs to be a framer then a Nk who get gets framed same night an sherrif checks them, no one is gonna beilve that happened esp if a RM is dead all ready

it seems fair i just dont think its disccuable thing to small
User avatar
Mystoc
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Mystoc wrote:this inst a small buff isn't a minuscule buff, first their needs to be a framer then a Nk who get gets framed same night an sherrif checks them, no one is gonna beilve that happened esp if a RM is dead all ready

it seems fair i just dont think its disccuable thing to small

Seems situational, but it helps Detectable NKs a moderate amount. Remember, NKs only have 1 life and once they're lynched/nk'd it's all over for them.
I am kindly telling you to fuck off. Thank you.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Sheriff Change

Postby Jackparrot » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:35 am

While you are thinking of buffing evils i am not sure it will save the NK enough as Framer framing someone and sheriff visiting on same night is rare.
However this could be useful in coven with Hex master as the frames stay, thus increasing the chance of NK claiming framed. Altho, 1.5 out of 4 NK are visible to sheriff(Serial killer and Werewolf on full moons. So, it doesnt really help.

/Kinda support


Last bumped by BasicFourLife on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:35 am.
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am


Return to Role Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarfves and 3 guests