Town Protective Overhaul

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Re: Town Protective Overhaul

Postby Seththeking » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:04 am

ManateeDude wrote:
Zee235 wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:Make all TPs (besides botanist) nonconsecutive. Otherwise /support

That would make the tp's horribly up.

It gets rid of follow the cop/jailor strategies. So it really doesnt

But that's the main point of a TP, to protect targets mafia will attack...

Honestly, do you want town to suck.

BG is fine for different person every night cause it can kill upon protection

But come on man Doctor needs to be able to heal consistently or it's Under Powered
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:06 am

Trapper is a good role.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby ManateeDude » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:Trapper is a good role.

Agreed, but should not be Town Protective.

God damnit Hidden

NO FUCKING BOTANIST

NO LIMITED TP ROLES IN GENERAL

And Doctor needs to not be able to heal the same target twice in a row.

IT NEEDS TO BE LIMITED OTHERWISE ITS INCREDIBLY OP
they/she

Discord: light fagami#0016
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:If it needs to be limited, don’t add it.

This was bumped, I posted this a year ago :/

Also I agree with all TP's being nonconsecutive, but only for the same person. Doctor should be able to heal every night, just not the same person every night.

?, who cares abt this thread though, its a year old
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Brilliand » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:48 am

I was not aware that bumping a thread allows you to change the date displayed on someone else's post. Is that really how this forum works? It's bizarre.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:13 am

me likey thread despite the bump
no botanist because its unfun, too complicated and just a bad role in general

keep trapper and the rest is fine
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Brilliand » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Make Trapper Town Power and nerf it.

The heck? It isn't that powerful. You're saying it needs a nerf to be on par with Jailor?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BasicFourLife » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:53 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:Make Trapper Town Power and nerf it.

The heck? It isn't that powerful. You're saying it needs a nerf to be on par with Jailor?

No, I'm saying it needs a nerf nuke.

commit the lack of blood flowing through your veins
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Transcender » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 am

there can only be one trap at a time
when destroyed it takes a night to build a new one
anyone can destroy it if they dont gave an astral visit
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Chedman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:52 pm

I disagree with all of these ideas, except Marshal, who could be added to Salem.

Doctors don't spray magic potion on their targets to give them iron skin or anything. A vigilante could shoot a bullet into their target's head and a doctor could fix him right back up. The vigilante had actually killed someone, but the doctor brought him back.

Bodyguard was a toughie. If you were healed by a doctor the same night you successfully killed off an attacker, you could live. While this seems horribly OP (which it actually may be), reliable Doctors are hard to find anyway, and the combo could easily be broken with a consort.
Vigilantes shooting someone and the BG taking the shot and bringing the Vigilante down with it should be kept as-is.

Crusader is a fine role. It's hard to play, but it's fine. If it only killed evil roles, then it would be an overpowered Bodyguard. No, there needs to be a drawback to it and the role itself is okay and doesn't need a change.

I would like to see the Marshal, separate from the Crusader.

Trapper is also fine, it's also a modified BG which keeps yourself alive while killing others. The Botanist's abilities are too wonky and hard to understand, and it really only seems like a Doctor, but weaker.

The Crusader and the Trapper works completely different from Doctor and BG. That is good for the game because there's more variety to it, other than the standard (target is granted Powerful defense), it's just done in different ways, and that's fine.
Chedman
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Chedman wrote:Doctors don't spray magic potion on their targets to give them iron skin or anything. A vigilante could shoot a bullet into their target's head and a doctor could fix him right back up. The vigilante had actually killed someone, but the doctor brought him back.

From a lore perspective, how is the killer supposed to know their target was immune? If a doctor is able to save them, presumably they aren't walking up to the corpse to confirm the kill. They're just doing something usually-lethal to the person.

People wearing bulletproof vests aren't invincible - they do tend to go down when shot - it's just that they live to tell about it. Much like a person who gets immediate medical attention.

So it's no problem, lore-wise, for immunity and healing to be treated the same, unless the killer is something like a Jailor that really makes sure you're dead.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Imo Marshal is currently too weak
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby StrahmDude » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:29 pm

I think botanist should be added as a separate role entirely.

The doc one has been suggested many times before and I have never seen anyone argue against it so I am just kind of confused why it isn't added yet.
As for the non-consecutive change to doc, it is probably a good change. While doc doesn't kill anyone it still stops a death for a night which is very powerful. That is a pretty big nerf though, maybe give it more self vests at least?

I like the BG change, makes it more balanced and while giving it a little something to make up for the nerf.

I never personally had a problem with crusader, why don't people like it?
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby BlastingOff » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:26 am

StrahmDude wrote:I think botanist should be added as a separate role entirely.

The doc one has been suggested many times before and I have never seen anyone argue against it so I am just kind of confused why it isn't added yet.
As for the non-consecutive change to doc, it is probably a good change. While doc doesn't kill anyone it still stops a death for a night which is very powerful. That is a pretty big nerf though, maybe give it more self vests at least?

I like the BG change, makes it more balanced and while giving it a little something to make up for the nerf.

I never personally had a problem with crusader, why don't people like it?

People don't like Crus cause it generally causes more harm to Town than good, and people jokingly claim it should be a Neutral role.

But I don't play Coven, so I won't speak much about it

anyways, I think Doc not being able to visit the same target twice in a row is a good idea, it will definitely make Town Powers like Jailor killable. I won't speak much about Marshal and Botanist, as I neither play Coven nor TG.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby StrahmDude » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:11 pm

BlastingOff wrote:People don't like Crus cause it generally causes more harm to Town than good, and people jokingly claim it should be a Neutral role.

anyways, I think Doc not being able to visit the same target twice in a row is a good idea, it will definitely make Town Powers like Jailor killable. I won't speak much about Marshal and Botanist, as I neither play Coven nor TG.

What happens if a doc's target is transed with someone else? Who do they count as healing, and can they bypass their limit with this?
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby BlastingOff » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 pm

StrahmDude wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:People don't like Crus cause it generally causes more harm to Town than good, and people jokingly claim it should be a Neutral role.

What happens if a doc's target is transed with someone else? Who do they count as healing, and can they bypass their limit with this?

I would assume if trans makes you target the same person as last night, it'd fail, so it shouldn't be abusable
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:31 pm

If a Transporter and Doctor want to work together to effectively be a single Doctor that can spamheal, they're welcome to it. It's a massive waste of the Transporter's talents.

Two Doctors taking turns healing the same person would be a good and sensible strategy, though (assuming they can trust each other.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Previous

Return to Role Ideas