Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protective)

Old Role Ideas

Thoughts? Say why in the comments.

Illusionist needs a buff
1
10%
Illusionist needs a nerf
0
No votes
Illusionist is balanced
1
10%
----------------------------
5
50%
Herbalist needs a buff
1
10%
Herbalist needs nerf
1
10%
Herbalist is balanced
1
10%
 
Total votes : 10

Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protective)

Postby ManateeDude » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:26 pm

You are a master at warping reality that uses your abilities to help the mafia.

Illusionist: Mafia Support


Abilities/Attributes
Spoiler: Abilities
- Choose to distort the reality of one player each night, redirecting all their visits to another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes
- If more than one player visits your target than only one player will be redirected, This is the order
TI, TK, TS, TP, NK, NE, NB, NC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Attributes:
- Semi-Unique role


Investigative results
Spoiler: Consigliere/Witch: Your target is capable of altering reality, they must be an Illusionist
Investigator: Your target lures people out where vulnerable.
They could be a Rain Dancer, Veteran, Illusionist, Musician or Werewolf.
Sheriff: Your target is a member of the mafia!
Interviewer: Trust group F


Goal/Win With:
Spoiler: Goal: Kill anyone who will not submit to the mafia

You must kill The Town
You win with The Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You win with Witches
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else


Special Interactions:
Spoiler: Witch: Witch targets Jane into John and Illusionist redirects visitors of Jane to Joe. The witch ends up witching Joe into John

Some Flavor:
Spoiler: You have decided to warp reality at <players name> house tonight (redirecting targets)

Achievements:
Spoiler: Warped - Win one game as Illusionist
(I need names for more achievements)
False Protection - Redirect a Doctor or Bodyguard into protecting a fellow mafia member.


Additional Info:
Spoiler: - This role would work well to mess with TI's and TP's and i believe it could have a lot of potential



You are a powerful witch that has fused plants and magic to help the town.

Herbalist: Town Protective

Abilities/Attributes:
Spoiler: Abilities:
- Plant roots at someones house each night

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes:
- If one player with roots at their house gets shot, all current roots will disintegrate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Attributes:
- You may not plant roots on N1



Investigative results:
Spoiler: Consigliere/Witch: Your target uses black magic for the good of the town, they must be a Herbalist!
Investigator: Your target shadows people inquisitively.
They could be a Tracker, Herbalist, Nightmarer, Shadowalker or Lost Spirit.
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Interviewer: Trust group H



Goal/Win With
Spoiler: Goal: Lynch every evildoer.

You win with The Town
You must kill The Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Witches
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else



Some Flavor:
Spoiler: You cannot ensnare anyone (N1)
You will plant roots at <player name>
You have decided to protect all rooted players (self-explanatory)



Achievements:
Spoiler: Rooted - Win one game as Herbalist


Additional Info:
Spoiler: This is a Town Tactical role that has a very interesting mechanic and I would love to see implemented. It has a lot of versatility

Lore:
Spoiler: The herbalist had a green thumb. Literally. She'd been born, with an ability considered dull by many. But she thought her skills were amazing. She had the uncanny ability to grow plants of all kinds at an extraordinary rate. She did not enjoy her abilities considered "dull" and "boring" but this was in fact a blessing, since it helped steer her away from being accused of witchcraft. Mind you, (she grumbled grudgingly) it didn't seem like the town could accuse anyone of witchcraft correctly now. The coven had attacked the village with extreme force, and none of the town's investigators could find them. She tried her best to protect her garden, and with a little persuasion, (and help from the escort) she could ask the town protectors to guard her garden. The crusader and bodyguard made sure the garden was safe. She was eternally grateful to them. But the coven caught up, and the bodyguard died in the progress. The herbalist was upset. But knew how to get justice. They had protected the plants, now it was time for the plants to repay the favour.
Thanks to 405UserNotAllowed For this great lore!



Change log:
Spoiler: - Added Interviewer results and Herbalist
- Complete rework for Herbalist (x2)
- Added poll on balance[
- Reworked Herbalist to TP
Last edited by ManateeDude on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am, edited 20 times in total.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TS)

Postby ManateeDude » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:09 pm

I have gotten no feedback on these roles, so until I get a fair bit of constructive criticism. /bump
Last edited by ManateeDude on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TS)

Postby Seththeking » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:15 pm

ManateeDude wrote:I have gotten no feedback on these roles, so until I get a fair bit of constructive criticism. /bump



Can you give an Example of the Illusionist?

For the Herbalist its just an escort who gives powerful defense which I am guessing it is only for the night.

So all this is, is a Half Escort Half Crusader
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TS)

Postby ManateeDude » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Seththeking wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:I have gotten no feedback on these roles, so until I get a fair bit of constructive criticism. /bump



Can you give an Example of the Illusionist?

For the Herbalist its just an escort who gives powerful defense which I am guessing it is only for the night.

So all this is, is a Half Escort Half Crusader



Okay this is an illusionist example: (kinda simple)


N1: Illusionist warps reality at Citizens house to instead visit Consigliere.
Sheriff investigates Citizen but is redirected to Consigliere (gets maf result)


D2: Sheriff calls out Citizen, Citizen is lynched.



PS: totally reworked Herbalist
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TS)

Postby Seththeking » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm

ManateeDude wrote:
Seththeking wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:I have gotten no feedback on these roles, so until I get a fair bit of constructive criticism. /bump



Can you give an Example of the Illusionist?

For the Herbalist its just an escort who gives powerful defense which I am guessing it is only for the night.

So all this is, is a Half Escort Half Crusader



Okay this is an illusionist example: (kinda simple)


N1: Illusionist warps reality at Citizens house to instead visit Consigliere.
Sheriff investigates Citizen but is redirected to Consigliere (gets maf result)


D2: Sheriff calls out Citizen, Citizen is lynched.



PS: totally reworked Herbalist



So am mafia transporter?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TT)

Postby ManateeDude » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:09 pm

No. Mafia trans r stupid, this is one way and therefore can't basically get past TP's. Trans' give notifications this doesn't. This is not a mafia trans.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TT)

Postby Seththeking » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:26 pm

ManateeDude wrote:No. Mafia trans r stupid, this is one way and therefore can't basically get past TP's. Trans' give notifications this doesn't. This is not a mafia trans.


But isn’t it the same effect? Or a weaker effect?
Image
User avatar
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Deception/Support) and Herbalist (TT)

Postby ManateeDude » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:33 am

It redirects one player yes, but there is no notification. Mafia trans are intended to counter TP's and LO however this is supposed to fool them.

Edit: Trans swaps all visitors whereas this just redirects
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Tactical

Postby ManateeDude » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:28 pm

I think its safe to bump now.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Tactical

Postby ManateeDude » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Imma keep bumping until i get some more reviews.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:50 pm

ManateeDude wrote:You are a master at warping reality that uses your abilities to help the mafia.

Illusionist: Mafia Support


Abilities/Attributes
Spoiler: Abilities
- Choose to distort the reality of one player each night, redirecting all their visits to another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes
- If more than one player visits your target than only one player will be redirected, This is the order
TI, TK, TS, TP, NK, NE, NB, NC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Attributes:
- Semi-Unique role


Investigative results
Spoiler: Consigliere/Witch: Your target is capable of altering reality, they must be an Illusionist
Investigator: Your target lures people out where vulnerable.
They could be a Rain Dancer, Veteran, Illusionist, Musician or Werewolf.
Sheriff: Your target is a member of the mafia!
Interviewer: Trust group F


Goal/Win With:
Spoiler: Goal: Kill anyone who will not submit to the mafia

You must kill The Town
You win with The Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You win with Witches
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else


Special Interactions:
Spoiler: Witch: Witch targets Jane into John and Illusionist redirects visitors of Jane to Joe. The witch ends up witching Joe into John

Some Flavor:
Spoiler: You have decided to warp reality at <players name> house tonight (redirecting targets)

Achievements:
Spoiler: Warped - Win one game as Illusionist
(I need names for more achievements)
False Protection - Redirect a Doctor or Bodyguard into protecting a fellow mafia member.


Additional Info:
Spoiler: - This role would work well to mess with TI's and TP's and i believe it could have a lot of potential
I don't quite understand everything about this role, but... I think it may be good, doesn't fit the Mafia lorewise, but balance > lore.


You are a powerful witch that has fused plants and magic to help the town.

Herbalist: Town Protective

Abilities/Attributes:
Spoiler: Abilities:
- Plant roots at someones house each night
- Protect all rooted players

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes:
- You may at any time choose to protect (needs a more planty name), all players with roots at their house.
- Protected players will have Powerful defense for that night

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Attributes:
- You may not plant roots on N1



Investigative results:
Spoiler: Consigliere/Witch: Your target uses black magic for the good of the town, they must be a Herbalist!
Investigator: Your target shadows people inquisitively.
They could be a Tracker, Herbalist, Nightmarer, Shadowalker or Lost Spirit.
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Interviewer: Trust group H



Goal/Win With
Spoiler: Goal: Lynch every evildoer.

You win with The Town
You must kill The Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Witches
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else



Some Flavor:
Spoiler: You cannot ensnare anyone (Night one)
You have decided to ensnare <player name> (Deciding who to ensnare)
You have been ensnared (Being ensnared)
You have decided to kill all ensnared targets (killing)



Achievements:
Spoiler: Rooted - Win one game as Herbalist


Additional Info:
Spoiler: This is a Town Tactical role that has a very interesting mechanic and I would love to see implemented. It has a lot of versatility

Lore:
Spoiler: The herbalist had a green thumb. Literally. She'd been born, with an ability considered dull by many. But she thought her skills were amazing. She had the uncanny ability to grow plants of all kinds at an extraordinary rate. She did not enjoy her abilities considered "dull" and "boring" but this was in fact a blessing, since it helped steer her away from being accused of witchcraft. Mind you, (she grumbled grudgingly) it didn't seem like the town could accuse anyone of witchcraft correctly now. The coven had attacked the village with extreme force, and none of the town's investigators could find them. She tried her best to protect her garden, and with a little persuasion, (and help from the escort) she could ask the town protectors to guard her garden. The crusader and bodyguard made sure the garden was safe. She was eternally grateful to them. But the coven caught up, and the bodyguard died in the progress. The herbalist was upset. But knew how to get justice. They had protected the plants, now it was time for the plants to repay the favour.
Thanks to 405UserNotAllowed For this great lore!


I think this has too much going for it, being, from what I see, a hybrid BG/Curs-Arso. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see an attack stat to say otherwise, Also I'd change the second attribute to specify that the plants will counterattack an attacker. (Again this could be a misunderstanding.)

Change log:
Spoiler: - Added Interviewer results and Herbalist
- Complete rework for Herbalist (x2)
- Added poll on balance[
- Reworked Herbalist to TP
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby ManateeDude » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Blackwolfe99 wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:You are a master at warping reality that uses your abilities to help the mafia.

Illusionist: Mafia Support


Abilities/Attributes
Spoiler: Abilities
- Choose to distort the reality of one player each night, redirecting all their visits to another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes
- If more than one player visits your target than only one player will be redirected, This is the order
TI, TK, TS, TP, NK, NE, NB, NC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Attributes:
- Semi-Unique role


Investigative results
Spoiler: Consigliere/Witch: Your target is capable of altering reality, they must be an Illusionist
Investigator: Your target lures people out where vulnerable.
They could be a Rain Dancer, Veteran, Illusionist, Musician or Werewolf.
Sheriff: Your target is a member of the mafia!
Interviewer: Trust group F


Goal/Win With:
Spoiler: Goal: Kill anyone who will not submit to the mafia

You must kill The Town
You win with The Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You win with Witches
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else


Special Interactions:
Spoiler: Witch: Witch targets Jane into John and Illusionist redirects visitors of Jane to Joe. The witch ends up witching Joe into John

Some Flavor:
Spoiler: You have decided to warp reality at <players name> house tonight (redirecting targets)

Achievements:
Spoiler: Warped - Win one game as Illusionist
(I need names for more achievements)
False Protection - Redirect a Doctor or Bodyguard into protecting a fellow mafia member.


Additional Info:
Spoiler: - This role would work well to mess with TI's and TP's and i believe it could have a lot of potential
I don't quite understand everything about this role, but... I think it may be good, doesn't fit the Mafia lorewise, but balance > lore. to put it in perspective, it's like a witch that doesn't give notifs and the player thinks they visited the first target


You are a powerful witch that has fused plants and magic to help the town.

Herbalist: Town Protective

Abilities/Attributes:
Spoiler: Abilities:
- Plant roots at someones house each night
- Protect all rooted players

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Attributes:
- You may at any time choose to protect (needs a more planty name), all players with roots at their house.
- Protected players will have Powerful defense for that night

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Attributes:
- You may not plant roots on N1



Investigative results:
Spoiler: Consigliere/Witch: Your target uses black magic for the good of the town, they must be a Herbalist!
Investigator: Your target shadows people inquisitively.
They could be a Tracker, Herbalist, Nightmarer, Shadowalker or Lost Spirit.
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Interviewer: Trust group H



Goal/Win With
Spoiler: Goal: Lynch every evildoer.

You win with The Town
You must kill The Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Witches
You win with Survivors
You may spare anyone else



Some Flavor:
Spoiler: You cannot ensnare anyone (Night one)
You have decided to ensnare <player name> (Deciding who to ensnare)
You have been ensnared (Being ensnared)
You have decided to kill all ensnared targets (killing)



Achievements:
Spoiler: Rooted - Win one game as Herbalist


Additional Info:
Spoiler: This is a Town Tactical role that has a very interesting mechanic and I would love to see implemented. It has a lot of versatility

Lore:
Spoiler: The herbalist had a green thumb. Literally. She'd been born, with an ability considered dull by many. But she thought her skills were amazing. She had the uncanny ability to grow plants of all kinds at an extraordinary rate. She did not enjoy her abilities considered "dull" and "boring" but this was in fact a blessing, since it helped steer her away from being accused of witchcraft. Mind you, (she grumbled grudgingly) it didn't seem like the town could accuse anyone of witchcraft correctly now. The coven had attacked the village with extreme force, and none of the town's investigators could find them. She tried her best to protect her garden, and with a little persuasion, (and help from the escort) she could ask the town protectors to guard her garden. The crusader and bodyguard made sure the garden was safe. She was eternally grateful to them. But the coven caught up, and the bodyguard died in the progress. The herbalist was upset. But knew how to get justice. They had protected the plants, now it was time for the plants to repay the favour.
Thanks to 405UserNotAllowed For this great lore!


I think this has too much going for it, being, from what I see, a hybrid BG/Curs-Arso. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see an attack stat to say otherwise, Also I'd change the second attribute to specify that the plants will counterattack an attacker. (Again this could be a misunderstanding.) it's a doc/arso hybrid, when I get off mobile i'll clean up the OP

Change log:
Spoiler: - Added Interviewer results and Herbalist
- Complete rework for Herbalist (x2)
- Added poll on balance[
- Reworked Herbalist to TP



Thanks for reviewing btw
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm

No problem, also you have a notification that the ensnared players will be attacked.
However, this means illusionist is a one way trans, and Herbalist would be pretty cool and balanced at that point.
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby ManateeDude » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Blackwolfe99 wrote:No problem, also you have a notification that the ensnared players will be attacked.
However, this means illusionist is a one way trans, and Herbalist would be pretty cool and balanced at that point.

Well Herbalist went from TK to TP to TT SO I definitely need to clean OP
also Illusionist is a one way trans, but I think it could work well as MS
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 pm

ManateeDude wrote:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:No problem, also you have a notification that the ensnared players will be attacked.
However, this means illusionist is a one way trans, and Herbalist would be pretty cool and balanced at that point.

Well Herbalist went from TK to TP to TT SO I definitely need to clean OP
also Illusionist is a one way trans, but I think it could work well as MS

Actually Herbalist is a straight up TP.
It's just a very different take on one.

Agreed on Illusionist.
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby ManateeDude » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Blackwolfe99 wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:No problem, also you have a notification that the ensnared players will be attacked.
However, this means illusionist is a one way trans, and Herbalist would be pretty cool and balanced at that point.

Well Herbalist went from TK to TP to TT SO I definitely need to clean OP
also Illusionist is a one way trans, but I think it could work well as MS

Actually Herbalist is a straight up TP.
It's just a very different take on one.

Agreed on Illusionist.

Oh yeh, lol I thought I had it as TP RN.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TT) *needs review*

Postby Blackwolfe99 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 pm

ManateeDude wrote:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:
Blackwolfe99 wrote:No problem, also you have a notification that the ensnared players will be attacked.
However, this means illusionist is a one way trans, and Herbalist would be pretty cool and balanced at that point.

Well Herbalist went from TK to TP to TT SO I definitely need to clean OP
also Illusionist is a one way trans, but I think it could work well as MS

Actually Herbalist is a straight up TP.
It's just a very different take on one.

Agreed on Illusionist.

Oh yeh, lol I thought I had it as TP RN.

Yeah, you do. I thought it said TT still.
Image




Currently Working On:
-Nothing now. A several month hiatus lead to me abandoning my ideas.

EvilPudding wrote:Interesting idea and it is balanced like the WW

/support
User avatar
Blackwolfe99
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: Watching over others from the Shadows.

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TP) *needs review*

Postby ManateeDude » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 pm

More reviews, I'm not gonna let these die unless a RI mod tells me they're unfixable.

Edit: why dafuq did someone vote the middle option?
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TP) *needs review*

Postby ManateeDude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:08 pm

ManateeDude wrote:More reviews, I'm not gonna let these die unless a RI mod tells me they're unfixable.

Edit: why dafuq did someone vote the middle option?


/bump
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protecti

Postby ARandomDouche » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:02 am

ManateeDude wrote:
Attributes:
- You may at any time choose to protect (needs a more planty name), all players with roots at their house.

How about re-rootify?
User avatar
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am
Location: Virginville (Not really)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protecti

Postby ManateeDude » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am

ARandomDouche wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:
Attributes:
- You may at any time choose to protect (needs a more planty name), all players with roots at their house.

How about re-rootify?


Maybe, any feedback for the role itself?
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protecti

Postby ARandomDouche » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm

I read the Illiusionist and I have no idea how it works. I tried to understand it like this: You choose a target, one visitor randomly visits another person apart from the person you visited? Is this correct?
User avatar
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am
Location: Virginville (Not really)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protecti

Postby ManateeDude » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:48 pm

ARandomDouche wrote:I read the Illiusionist and I have no idea how it works. I tried to understand it like this: You choose a target, one visitor randomly visits another person apart from the person you visited? Is this correct?


Think of it like a one way trans that doesn't give notifs to the transd player, and can only have one redirected.
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (MS) and Herbalist (TP) *needs review*

Postby ManateeDude » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 am

ManateeDude wrote:
ManateeDude wrote:More reviews, I'm not gonna let these die unless a RI mod tells me they're unfixable.

Edit: why dafuq did someone vote the middle option?


/bump


Can I get some reviews please?
Image
User avatar
ManateeDude
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Location: Canada (EDT)

Re: Illusionist (Mafia Support) and Herbalist (Town Protecti

Postby Zach99 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Both roles look promising. I have a couple questions.
First, for Illusionist, Ability says it redirects all visitors and Attributes says just one is redirected. From reading previous posts, I think it is just one person that is changed, and you just haven't updated? If that is the case, I think TS should be moved before TK. Being able to make a vigilante misfire to be less the point than an escort misblocking. It is meant to give the town faulty information, not directly kill town members.
For herbalist, how do its two abilities work together? Does it have a choice on any given night to either plant roots or protect, or can it do both? If someone is protected once, do the roots go away or do they stay? Because if they stay, the game could quickly become unwinnable against a town with two TPs. n1: no rooting. n2: root jailor. n3: root doctor. n4: doctor on herbalist, herbalist on both doc and jailor at once. I think replacing roots would be necessary, or the roots rotting after X nights or something.
My in-game name is usually Zach.
My Town Investigative idea: Detective
My Town Protective idea: Bomber
My Mafia Deception idea: Interceptor
My favorite roles are Transporter, Jailor, Serial Killer and Blackmailer.
My least favorite roles are Mafioso, Retributionist, Framer and Arsonist.
Zach99
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Next

Return to Role Idea Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests