Unity (Neutral Benign)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Unity (Neutral Benign)

Postby SuperGDPWYL » Tue May 17, 2022 1:31 pm

Role Name: Unity

Role Alignment: Neutral Benign

Abilities:
Choose one person to unite each night.

Attributes:
- You will win the game for yourself and all united players if only you and United players remain.
- United players do not know who else is united.

Notifications:
You have been united!
You have decided to unite XXX tonight.
You have instead decided to unite XXX tonight.
Your target was in jail so you could not unite them.

Goal:
Live to see everyone united!

Special Attributes:
Attack: None
Defense: Basic
Unique

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - You could not find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator - Your target could be a Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Amnesiac, Medusa, Psychic or Unity.
Consigliere - Your target has intentions of uniting all inhabitants of this Town. They must be Unity.

Achievements:
All for One - Win 1 game as Unity
United - Win 5 games as Unity
Peaceful Town - Win 10 games as Unity
New World - Win 25 games as Unity
Utopia - Have five players United at once.
Perfect Envision - Win a game without any United players dying.

These are all achieveable by United players as well.

i'll get the colours in a sec
I exist
SuperGDPWYL

Re: Unity (Neutral Benign)

Postby SkyW » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:02 am

Three ways this can go

1) People believe you're Unity and not just a Townie stalling for time, and everyone goes AFK or starts using ToS as a chatroom with awkward night phase pauses. Game ends after Night 15. No one really cares.
2) People don't believe your unity, and that you're just a townie who wants the mafia to roleblock themselves by going AFK or an arsonist trying to make a big brain play. You get lynched. No one really cares.
3) People believe you're unity. You get shot for trying to make the game boring. No one really cares.

You could also not claim to be Unity, in which case, congratulations! You're literally a better version of survivor because you don't have to make it to end game, just close enough to endgame.

Either way, seems like it'd just be boring.
Professional ??? Rambler (average NYC subway rider)

There is a frog outside go check it out please it's such a cool frog
SkyW
Jester
Jester

Location: West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground was where I spent most of my days Chillin' out

Re: Unity (Neutral Benign)

Postby MR60G0LD » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:34 pm

On paper the idea is interesting, but once you think about it, it sadly breaks up quite fast.

At first I looked at it like a Hex Master type role but Hex master is always a target, unity is someone no one will target as they have no reason to kill you, why would they kill what amounts to an instant win button? Some might even outright protect you as unlike revealed mayor, you can have reliable protection from any TP, others might try killing you to make the game more challenging.

Overall the role would be just too game breaking, people will either ignore you or make you their main target, no in between essentially removing every faction and changing it into a game for or against unity, that's it.

Sorry but the ability to unite any role at all is just too game changing, vampires get a pass as it only works on town and even then they are controversial.
MR60G0LD
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas