Trauma Patient OVERHAUL (Town Support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Trauma Patient OVERHAUL (Town Support)

Postby VampireAcolyte » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Oliy's idea, I'm posting this on their behalf.

This is a variation of the old Trauma Patient role that was scrapped from the Testing Grounds.

Role Name:
Trauma Patient

Alignment:
Town (Support)

Summary:
You were attacked by the Mafia but live to see another day.

Attack: None
Defense: None
Unique: Yes
Priority: 6 (Remembering)
Abilities:
You can remember a role from the graveyard at night.

Attributes:
The role you remember will have their wincon switched to the Town.
If you remember a role with a night chat, you will not have it.
You will appear as suspicious if your role is not detection immune.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff - You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator - Your target works with dead bodies. They could be a Medium, Janitor, Retributionist, Necromancer, Trapper, or Trauma Patient.
Consigliere - Your target survived an attack and is still in recovery. They must be a Trauma Patient.

Notifications:
You have decided you were like the (role).
You have attempted to remember who you were!

Mechanics:(A more in-depth explanation of the role, with specific special interactions)
Spoiler: Remembering an evil role will give you their investigative results.
An Amnesiac has priority over you in any case.
You will not gain any defense attributes from a role you select.
You may not remember the roles "Vampire", "Pestilence", "Witch", "Coven Leader", "Jester", "Executioner", "Plaguebearer", or "Amnesiac".

Goal:
Lynch all criminals and evildoers.

Additional Information:
Unlike an Amnesiac, the Town will not be notified that you have remembered a role.
You will be promoted into a kill capable Mafia role if you choose to become one.
Killing as your new role will be no different then the regular kill, this means you killing as a Mafioso will still show the kill in red.
If you are hung, you will be seen as your new role with the Town's color.
You cannot inherit the Necronomicon.

Achievements:
[Win X games as Trauma Patient].
Clean - Remember that you were like a member of the Mafia.
Mythical - Remember that you were a member of the Coven.
Firebrand - Remember that you were like the Arsonist.

Lore:
TBA
Last edited by VampireAcolyte on Tue May 03, 2022 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My role submissions:

Best:
The Umbrae
Others:
Savior
Bailiff
Chordeva
Viper
VampireAcolyte

Re: Trauma Patient OVERHAUL (Town Support)

Postby oliy » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:25 pm

wow what a good twist on the trauma patient concept (:

The main appeal of this one in case it isn't clear: You are a town role that can remember any role but keep the town win condition. Trauma Patient just kind of sits around for a bit so naturally if it just remembers a town role its influence throughout the game will be lower than the average town role. Since it has the option to choose more powerful roles now, it can have a greater influence as a whole. Since scum die late though, you have to decide if that risk/reward is worth it. It also gives the role a more unique experience than just becoming another town role, since now you can have a town role with the abilities of any role, from as useful as SK to as useless as Janitor. It's a concept with a lot of variability but ultimately I think it's balanced and interesting.

Old Signature Stuff:

Spoiler:
Hi! I'm Eve the Eevee! Please give me a hug :3
You can also hurt/heal me here!

My Stuff
oliy
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby DecDecAttack » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:07 pm

Might wanna fix the example interaction, you said b when you meant c.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby DecDecAttack » Tue May 03, 2022 3:44 pm

Awh, no more town vamps? (I remember a special thing with that) also i can be town jugg! Yay!
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri May 06, 2022 9:43 am

I actually kinda like this idea, Town consigilere sounds pretty poggers. Ohh imagine being a town PM that would also make me happy. town arsonist "FIREBRAND CONFIRMED FOR TOS"
It's kinda like reverse town traitor which is such a awesome concept. make that a thing.

all you need to do is rename the title "medium rework" and im on the hype train.

Also whats wrong with learning witch or CL?
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby EtherealEnder » Fri May 06, 2022 10:00 am

all you need to do is rename the title "medium rework" and im on the hype train.

i wouldn't even consider this close to being a med rework. this would be more of a ret rework if anything, but that's still stupid IMO

learning witch/CL would be OP, point-blank. being able to shove evils around with 0 way of being stopped (since witch is rb immune), PLUS being able to learn their role, would be way too powerful for a townie. every trp would wait until witch died to remember; it'd be the #1 play
My name is Axeras :>

Join the Testing Grounds!
EtherealEnder
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby VampireAcolyte » Fri May 06, 2022 7:25 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:I actually kinda like this idea, Town consigilere sounds pretty poggers. Ohh imagine being a town PM that would also make me happy. town arsonist "FIREBRAND CONFIRMED FOR TOS"
It's kinda like reverse town traitor which is such a awesome concept. make that a thing.

A trauma patient gone Witch would be the most powerful town role in the game by a large margin, surpassing jailor by a VERY fair amount; Coven Leader is the same as Witch, except it also blocks the remembering of CL from the Coven which is an extra bite in the ass.
My role submissions:

Best:
The Umbrae
Others:
Savior
Bailiff
Chordeva
Viper
VampireAcolyte

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 pm

VampireAcolyte wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I actually kinda like this idea, Town consigilere sounds pretty poggers. Ohh imagine being a town PM that would also make me happy. town arsonist "FIREBRAND CONFIRMED FOR TOS"

A trauma patient gone Witch would be the most powerful town role in the game by a large margin, surpassing jailor by a VERY fair amount; Coven Leader is the same as Witch, except it also blocks the remembering of CL from the Coven which is an extra bite in the ass.

Nah Jailor more powerful then witch, I think it would be strong but overrated how strong it would be.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas