(Faction) The Florae

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Should I add Town/Mafia/Coven/Neutral roles that are exclusive to this?

Yes!
58%
No.
12%
I don't know, but I like this faction
31%

Total votes : 26

Re: (Faction) The Florae

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:20 am

DecDecAttack wrote:This is for tg (prob only) and is the flora version of citizen:

Sedum - Flora (Casual)
Spoiler: Summary: You are a Flora that likes to sit about all day.

Attack: None
Defense: None
Unique: No
Priority: None

Abilities: Your only ability is to vote

Attributes: Your only ability is to vote

Invest: Your target plays Town of Salem causally, they must be a Citizen, Sedum, or Afk!
Sheriff: Innocent (I can't remember the notification)
Consigliere: Your target is a vote for the Flora, they must be the Sedum!

I don’t really like Citizen as a role since it doesn’t do anything; it would be a lot better if it had an ability.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:55 am

Enigmatrix1 wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:This role is actually quite powerful but I do love the lore!! I could see it being a Power role of some sort if it were unique.

I thought that it wasn’t very powerful considering all it does is make two people chat at night which is why I added the reading whisper ability during the Day. Also it is unique so I guess you can call it a power role if you wish. Thank you for liking the lore though! <3

It doesn’t do *too* much but it can easily confirm its existence and it’s hard to counterclaim. But yes, I do love the lore!

Are you in the Role Ideas Discord? I could give you a link if you were interested.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:31 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
Enigmatrix1 wrote:Here is my suggestion for a role for this faction! I like it generally but I feel like Town is still more powerful than this faction. Nightshade may need some editing because it’s quite similar to the role of Witch from Wolvesville. Nevertheless, I highly admire the effort you have put into this faction and to Salocin481, I’m a huge fan of the lores so well done on those.

Tulip- Florae(Support)
Spoiler: Role Name: Tulip
Role Alignment: Florae Support
Attack None
Defense:None

Summary: You are a lonely old spinster longing for romance and affection.

Ability: Choose two people to connect during the Day.

Attributes:
Connecting two people establishes a chat between them during the Night. You can read their chat at Night but will not know who says what. During the following Day, you can also read the private whispers that they send to anyone.

Notifications:

Tulip
“You have decided to connect ___ and ___.”
“You have changed your mind.”
“One of your targets were jailed so they were unable to meet up.”
“You chose to connect a Werewolf/Juggernaut/Pestilence and have been killed by them.”

Connected Target:
“You have been connected with ____.”
“You were connected with a Werewolf/Juggernaut/Pestilence and have been killed by them.”

Goal: Exterminate anyone that would harm your tribe.

Win Conditions:
You win with the Florae
You win with the Survivors
You must kill the Town
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill the Coven
You must kill Witches
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Juggernauts
You must kill Vampires
You must kill Plaguebearers
You must kill Pestilence
You may spare anyone else.

Special Attributes: Unique and Control-Immune

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - You could not find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator/Daffodil- Your target could be a Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, Wisteria, Phlox, Tulip, or Guardian Angel.
Consigliere/Potion Master/Witch/Coven Leader - Your target wishes to help others find the love she has never experienced. They must be the Tulip!

Additional Information:
-You can choose two targets in the Day to connect.
-Since your visits are in the Day and they are astral, they cannot be detected by Spies, Lookouts or Trackers.
-Your targets can talk to each other on the following Night when connected .
- Your targets will know who they have been connected with.
-If you are role-blocked during the Night, you cannot connect anyone the following Day but you can still see the whispers of the targets you connected the previous Night.
-The day after you connect two people, you can see the whispers they send but not those they receive.
-You can see the chat of the two people you connect at Night but their names will appear as Partner and their chat will be in this colour.
- You can connect yourself as many times as you wish.
-If a dead Medium seances any of the connected targets, they will listen and talk to both the other connected target and the dead Medium. The dead Medium, the connected target and you will only see the other connected target’s end of the conversation.
-If a dead Medium seances you, you will be able to speak to the Medium and read the Partners’ chat at the same time.
-If your target is jailed, during the Night, you will be informed that your matchmaking failed.
-If one of your connected targets can rampage and they chose to stay at home that Night, they will kill you and your other connected target.
-If one of your targets is in the Mafia or Coven or a Vampire, they will be able to speak with the other members of their faction and talk with the other connected target. You will only see their end of the conversation.

Lore:
A sad old woman sits knitting a scarf on a rocking chair. She gets up and looks at some of the framed photos sitting on her chest of drawers. Her nephew’s wedding day, her sister and brother-in-law with their children, her parents’ honeymoon. She heaves a long sigh, yearning for someone who would love her. It was a dream she knew would never come true. Outside, she sees young couples. Couples that, despite their diminutive experience in the world, had acquired what she never could. Love.

She decides to walk around the neighbourhood. Her legs old and rickety, she nearly falls down after stepping foot outside her house. A young man goes to help her. “Are you alright ma’am?” he asks. The Tulip smiles weakly. “Yes dear,” she says, noticing how the young man keeps frequently glancing at another man on the opposite pavement whilst fidgeting shyly. The old lady was determined to help. “Do you love him?” the Tulip asks.
The young man blushes slightly. “Yes ma’am. I do.” he bashfully whispers. The Tulip goes inside and beckons the young man into her house. She leads him to her garden. A place beautifully lit with candles and rich with various vibrant flowers and aromatic herbs. “Invite your sweetheart here anytime,” she says to the young man. “There is a door on the side that leads straight out to the pavement so you don’t even need to knock on my front door to come in!”
The young man has his first date in the Tulip’s garden. And soon, many others come too, uninvited for small parties or intimate dates. The Tulip feels happy. She may not have experienced love but at least she can help others to.

Note: I named this role: The Tulip because Tulip are often flowers associated with romance. Although Roses are more well-known, you made a good argument for not using the word Rose so I hope you are okay with Tulip.

This role is actually quite powerful but I do love the lore!! I could see it being a Power role of some sort if it were unique.

My Psychic role idea from 2016 (before psychic existed) basically did the same thing. Its biggest problem was that it could confirm itself but wasn't super useful for much else. Confirmation is a terrible mechanic but it might not be as bad for Florae if the faction is usually going to be split with the town because being confirmed florae could potentially get you killed by town members.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:17 am

Enigmatrix1 wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:
My Psychic role idea from 2016 (before psychic existed) basically did the same thing. Its biggest problem was that it could confirm itself but wasn't super useful for much else. Confirmation is a terrible mechanic but it might not be as bad for Florae if the faction is usually going to be split with the town because being confirmed florae could potentially get you killed by town members.

I’m sorry if you think I copied your role but I promise you I most definitely was unaware of another role like this. I guess great minds think alike!
Confirmation is useful in this faction I would assume because Town has easily confirmable members and they are high-priority targets so the same would need to be said about this faction too in order to make them relatively equal.

Question for Wave: if a vigi kills a member of the Florae, do they die of guilt the next day?

Just because some town roles are highly confirmable it doesnt makes it good, transporter needs its confirmability nerfed
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Salocin481 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:15 am

Enigmatrix1 wrote:Here is my suggestion for a role for this faction! I like it generally but I feel like Town is still more powerful than this faction. Nightshade may need some editing because it’s quite similar to the role of Witch from Wolvesville. Nevertheless, I highly admire the effort you have put into this faction and to Salocin481, I’m a huge fan of the lores so well done on those.

Tulip- Florae(Support)
Spoiler: Role Name: Tulip
Role Alignment: Florae Support
Attack None
Defense:None

Summary: You are a lonely old spinster longing for romance and affection.

Ability: Choose two people to connect during the Day.

Attributes:
Connecting two people establishes a chat between them during the Night. You can read their chat at Night but will not know who says what. During the following Day, you can also read the private whispers that they send to anyone.

Notifications:

Tulip
“You have decided to connect ___ and ___.”
“You have changed your mind.”
“One of your targets were jailed so they were unable to meet up.”
“You chose to connect a Werewolf/Juggernaut/Pestilence and have been killed by them.”

Connected Target:
“You have been connected with ____.”
“You were connected with a Werewolf/Juggernaut/Pestilence and have been killed by them.”

Goal: Exterminate anyone that would harm your tribe.

Win Conditions:
You win with the Florae
You win with the Survivors
You must kill the Town
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill the Coven
You must kill Witches
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Juggernauts
You must kill Vampires
You must kill Plaguebearers
You must kill Pestilence
You may spare anyone else.

Special Attributes: Unique and Control-Immune

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - You could not find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator/Daffodil- Your target could be a Spy, Blackmailer, Jailor, Wisteria, Phlox, Tulip, or Guardian Angel.
Consigliere/Potion Master/Witch/Coven Leader - Your target wishes to help others find the love she has never experienced. They must be the Tulip!

Additional Information:
-You can choose two targets in the Day to connect.
-Since your visits are in the Day and they are astral, they cannot be detected by Spies, Lookouts or Trackers.
-Your targets can talk to each other on the following Night when connected .
- Your targets will know who they have been connected with.
-If you are role-blocked during the Night, you cannot connect anyone the following Day but you can still see the whispers of the targets you connected the previous Night.
-The day after you connect two people, you can see the whispers they send but not those they receive.
-You can see the chat of the two people you connect at Night but their names will appear as Partner and their chat will be in this colour.
- You can connect yourself as many times as you wish.
-If a dead Medium seances any of the connected targets, they will listen and talk to both the other connected target and the dead Medium. The dead Medium, the connected target and you will only see the other connected target’s end of the conversation.
-If a dead Medium seances you, you will be able to speak to the Medium and read the Partners’ chat at the same time.
-If your target is jailed, during the Night, you will be informed that your matchmaking failed.
-If one of your connected targets can rampage and they chose to stay at home that Night, they will kill you and your other connected target.
-If one of your targets is in the Mafia or Coven or a Vampire, they will be able to speak with the other members of their faction and talk with the other connected target. You will only see their end of the conversation.

Lore:
A sad old woman sits knitting a scarf on a rocking chair. She gets up and looks at some of the framed photos sitting on her chest of drawers. Her nephew’s wedding day, her sister and brother-in-law with their children, her parents’ honeymoon. She heaves a long sigh, yearning for someone who would love her. It was a dream she knew would never come true. Outside, she sees young couples. Couples that, despite their diminutive experience in the world, had acquired what she never could. Love.

She decides to walk around the neighbourhood. Her legs old and rickety, she nearly falls down after stepping foot outside her house. A young man goes to help her. “Are you alright ma’am?” he asks. The Tulip smiles weakly. “Yes dear,” she says, noticing how the young man keeps frequently glancing at another man on the opposite pavement whilst fidgeting shyly. The old lady was determined to help. “Do you love him?” the Tulip asks.
The young man blushes slightly. “Yes ma’am. I do.” he bashfully whispers. The Tulip goes inside and beckons the young man into her house. She leads him to her garden. A place beautifully lit with candles and rich with various vibrant flowers and aromatic herbs. “Invite your sweetheart here anytime,” she says to the young man. “There is a door on the side that leads straight out to the pavement so you don’t even need to knock on my front door to come in!”
The young man has his first date in the Tulip’s garden. And soon, many others come too, uninvited for small parties or intimate dates. The Tulip feels happy. She may not have experienced love but at least she can help others to.

Note: I named this role: The Tulip because Tulip are often flowers associated with romance. Although Roses are more well-known, you made a good argument for not using the word Rose so I hope you are okay with Tulip.

Thanks for the shout out ;P I did a touch more than just lore but hey. Okay so Tulip. As many people mentioned, this is instantly confirmable. This role is like Mystic from ToL but ToL has lots of conversion mechanics so they only barely get away with it. The Whisper mechanic is also instantly confirmable (or, well, confirmed either Blackmailer or Tulip) since you could do a whisper check like old Spy used to do. Overall, there are already lots of roles that are instantly confirmed/really hard to claim (Gardenia, Wisteria, Hydrangea, Phlox) that another would do bad imo.

Enigmatrix1 wrote:
I would be interested but I don’t have Discord :(. I will tell you if I decide to get it though! Thank you for the offer :)

I would highly recommend it if you want to get more involved. Most of our things happen in a combination of there and here. Most of our votes have moved to discord! PM either Wave or I if you need help finding the invite link if you decide to join :)
Salocin481

Postby DecDecAttack » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:15 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:
DecDecAttack wrote:This is for tg (prob only) and is the flora version of citizen:

Sedum - Flora (Casual)

Invest: Your target plays Town of Salem causally, they must be a Citizen, Sedum, or Afk!

I don’t really like Citizen as a role since it doesn’t do anything; it would be a lot better if it had an ability.

Fair, but if we have citizen for town, we should also have citizen for flora. Mainly as backup.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:55 am

Enigmatrix1 wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:It doesn’t do *too* much but it can easily confirm its existence and it’s hard to counterclaim. But yes, I do love the lore!

Are you in the Role Ideas Discord? I could give you a link if you were interested.

I would be interested but I don’t have Discord :(. I will tell you if I decide to get it though! Thank you for the offer :)

No problem! Also, no, the Vigilante's guilt only happens when it shoots a Townmember.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:56 am

DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Sedum - Flora (Casual)

Fair, but if we have citizen for town, we should also have citizen for flora. Mainly as backup.

I believe Citizen got scrapped because of how boring it was to play as.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby DecDecAttack » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:26 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Sedum - Flora (Casual)

Oh i thought it was still there for certain game modes and for ease of use (if someone made a role that turns you into a voter only) so i just kept it as a "hey, might aswell" tho citizen is DEFINITELY boring.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:34 am

DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:
DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Sedum - Flora (Casual)

Oh i thought it was still there for certain game modes and for ease of use (if someone made a role that turns you into a voter only) so i just kept it as a "hey, might aswell" tho citizen is DEFINITELY boring.

Its also the reason no one likes auditor
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:43 am

DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:
DecDecAttack wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:

Sedum - Flora (Casual)

It's a tutorial role if anything, not sure why it exists though lol
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby atrufflewormono » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:24 pm

which notifications does the Hypnotist have access to
Transcending humanity as you read this. Got a problem?

Ambusher enjoyer

ToS Username: Zerosage
In-game Names- Ixaris, Abyss, Noblesse, Despair, Ochre
atrufflewormono
Jester
Jester

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:10 pm

atrufflewormono wrote:which notifications does the Hypnotist have access to

"You were stung by a Nettle! You will die tomorrow unless you are protected!"
"You were attacked but a powerful plant saved you!"
"You were attacked but someone distracted your attacker!"
"Someone tried to roleblock you but you are immune!"
"A Witch tried to control you but you are immune."
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby YurilXXes » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:00 am

Okay, I NEED to ask something. It's about the Tulip. What happens if a Spy(idk the color) bugs a connected player? Does he get to read the chat too? Is he informed that the player got connected?
YurilXXes

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:06 am

Edited Lavender, Phlox, and Sage.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:37 pm

YurilXXes wrote:Okay, I NEED to ask something. It's about the Tulip. What happens if a Spy(idk the color) bugs a connected player? Does he get to read the chat too? Is he informed that the player got connected?

I have no idea
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:45 pm

This is really interesting, I love the names. Quick questions though about the lore - why does the Florae want the Town to die and vice versa? Is the Florae mixed up of women/men or is it like Coven where lore-wise they're all women?

The rain-dancer role sounds the most unique and honestly pretty damn cool. Even if the Florae idea gets scrapped I hope that role gets added to Town or something.
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:05 am

cheeseandtomatos wrote:This is really interesting, I love the names. Quick questions though about the lore - why does the Florae want the Town to die and vice versa? Is the Florae mixed up of women/men or is it like Coven where lore-wise they're all women?

The rain-dancer role sounds the most unique and honestly pretty damn cool. Even if the Florae idea gets scrapped I hope that role gets added to Town or something.

Glad you like the faction!
I forgot to add it to the original post, but I think I'm going to tie the factional lore with the Madremonte; she's the Latin American goddess of flora and fauna who protects them from humans. I think all (if not most) of the Florae will be genderless but will sport more feminine personalities. The only ones that I can see being more masculine would be Thyme, Mint, and Dicentra.
I made Hydrangea before even realizing it was Rain Dancer! :? Florae got accepted in the Testing Grounds thankfully, but I hope it gets some attention with the devs, if any.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Previous

Return to Role Ideas