'Prophet' Role Concept

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

What would you rate this role?

5 - I love it.
17%
4 - Very decent.
33%
3 - It's fine/okay.
50%
2 - Bad.
No votes
1 - Never add this.
No votes

Total votes : 6

'Prophet' Role Concept

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:17 am

Prophet
Attack: None | Defense: None

Alignment -
Town (Protective)

Abilities -
Predict what will happen to a player at night to grant them Invincible defense or Immunity towards that prediction. (ex: Target is attacked by a Mafioso. Prophet guesses correctly. Target is immune to that attack. However, target is attacked by a Serial Killer too, and still dies to them.)
You cannot use the same prediction twice in a row.

Attributes -
None.

Goal -
Lynch every criminal and evildoer.

Additional Information -
When predicting, a menu with these sections and options will pop up for you to choose from:

MAFIA:
Your target will be attacked by a member of the Mafia!
Your target will be attacked by an Ambusher!

COVEN:
Your target will be controlled by a Witch!
Your target will be poisoned by the Poisoner!
Your target will be attacked by the Potion Master!
Your target will be Hexed by the Hex Master!
Your target will be stoned by the Medusa!
Your target will be attacked by the Necromancer's ghoul!

NEUTRALS:
Your target will be stabbed by a Serial Killer!
Your target will be doused by an Arsonist!
Your target will be incinerated by an Arsonist!
Your target will be mauled by a Werewolf!
Your target will be bitten by a Vampire!
Your target will be assaulted by a Juggernaut!
Your target will be plundered by a Pirate!
Your target will be obliterated by Pestilence!

Investigative Results -
Sheriff: Your target seems innocent.

Investigator: Your target could be a Doctor, Disguiser, Serial Killer, Potion Master, or Prophet.
Consigliere: Your target can predict the future. They must be a Prophet.

Spoiler: Achievements -

True Seer -
Predict correctly on Night One

Unknown Protection -
Save a player from an attack

Lucky Fortune -
Get three correct predictions in a row

Stay Safe -
Save a player from a Serial Killer

Suicide Save -
Save a player from being shot by an alerting Veteran
Last edited by Benn3 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: 'Prophet' Role Concept

Postby runningwiththepower » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:44 pm

I think it should also include like Roleblock, shot by Vig, Hypnoed, Framed, etc.

I think Prophet should ONLY give Immunity to that specific predication.

Example:
Alice is Prophet. N1, she guesses that Bob will be bit by a Vampire. That N1, Bob is bit by a Vampire BUT because Alice guessed correctly, he is made Immune to the Vampire Bite Conversion. However, Bob that Night 1 is also attacked by Ambusher & so Bob dies.

That way, with just Immunity, it is still helpful I think but not like "Invincible"

But maybe I am underthinking how difficult it would be to make a correct prediction haha.....

/support

Also, Benn3, are you in the Testing Grounds Discord? You might get some more feedback on your role in there.
runningwiththepower

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:49 pm

runningwiththepower wrote:I think it should also include like Roleblock, shot by Vig, Hypnoed, Framed, etc.

I think Prophet should ONLY give Immunity to that specific predication.

Example:
Alice is Prophet. N1, she guesses that Bob will be bit by a Vampire. That N1, Bob is bit by a Vampire BUT because Alice guessed correctly, he is made Immune to the Vampire Bite Conversion. However, Bob that Night 1 is also attacked by Ambusher & so Bob dies.

That way, with just Immunity, it is still helpful I think but not like "Invincible"

But maybe I am underthinking how difficult it would be to make a correct prediction haha.....

/support

Also, Benn3, are you in the Testing Grounds Discord? You might get some more feedback on your role in there.

That's actually the main point of the role. You can only protect them from that specific predication so that it's not just a buffed Doctor essentially. And no, I'm not in the Discord but I'm actually about to join it soon. Thanks for the feedback.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Edit: Forgot to add SK and Vampire to the Neutrals list so I added them, also added an example of a situation where a player is attacked but saved by a Prophet, but also attacked by another role, being killed still, and changed invest results.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:57 pm

If this didn't have the prohibition against guessing the same killer twice, I would say this was too much like a Doctor. Since it does have that prohibition, though... it's just underpowered. (The majority of the kills in Ranked will be Mafioso attacks, after all.)

Allowing it to grant control immunity or roleblock immunity would make it more interesting, but then it would have to get control immunity and roleblock immunity itself (or become overly difficult to implement). A TP with control immunity and roleblock immunity strikes me as a bad idea.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Benn3 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 pm

Brilliand wrote:If this didn't have the prohibition against guessing the same killer twice, I would say this was too much like a Doctor. Since it does have that prohibition, though... it's just underpowered. (The majority of the kills in Ranked will be Mafioso attacks, after all.)

Allowing it to grant control immunity or roleblock immunity would make it more interesting, but then it would have to get control immunity and roleblock immunity itself (or become overly difficult to implement). A TP with control immunity and roleblock immunity strikes me as a bad idea.

Actually, after making this role, I made the Detector which can't protect from attacks, but it can protect from everything else(consort rbs, being witched, framed, disguised, forged, blackmailed, etc) with the exception of being able to cure poison. It can also remove status effects like hexes and douses. Sad thing is it's too late to submit any new roles now but I'll save it for the next role submission phase.

Thanks for the feedback.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Role Ideas