Pseudocider Role Concept - Mafia

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

What would you rate this role? Feedback in comments would be appreciated.

5 - Very creative and useful. Little to no changes are needed. Would love to see added!
No votes
4 - Decent and well designed, but needs some balancing and other misc. changes.
44%
3 - Meh. It's okay but would need a good amount of changes to work in TOS.
33%
2 - Bad. Seems to have no use for being added and will be uninteresting to play.
No votes
1 - Horrible. Never add this despite any changes made.
22%

Total votes : 9

Pseudocider Role Concept - Mafia

Postby Benn3 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:03 pm

Pseudocider
Attack: None | Defense: None

Alignment -
Mafia(Deception)

Abilities -
Change the outcome of a player's death each night by selecting them. (Ex: Mafioso targets Player 2. Pseudocider changes their death outcome to make them appear as they were killed by a Veteran. Player 2 gets killed, and their death message appears as 'They were killed by a Veteran.')
Choose from an arrangement of fabricated deaths.
You can fabricate the death of a fellow Mafia member.
You can only fabricate three deaths.

Attributes -
When there is no kill capable Mafia left, you will become a Mafioso.

Additional Information -

List of outcomes you can choose from:

MAFIA:
They were killed by a member of the Mafia.
They were killed by an Ambusher.

COVEN:
They were poisoned by the Poisoner.
They were killed by the Potion Master.
They were killed by the Necromancer's Ghoul.
They were drained by a Coven Leader.
They were hexed by the Hex Master.

TOWN:
They were executed by the Jailor.
They were killed by a Bodyguard.
They were shot by a Vigilante.
They were killed by a Veteran.
They were staked by a Vampire Hunter.
They were killed by a Trapper.
They were killed by a Crusader.

NEUTRALS:
They were stabbed by a Serial Killer.
They were mauled by a Werewolf.
They were assaulted by a Juggernaut.
They were bitten by a Vampire.
They were incinerated by an Arsonist.
They were plundered by a Pirate.
They were obliterated by Pestilence, Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Investigative Results -
Sheriff: Your target is suspicious!
Investigator: Your target could be a Lookout, Forger, Coven Leader, Juggernaut, or Pseudocider.
Consigliere: Your target fabricates death outcomes. They must be a Pseudocider.

Achievements -

Spoiler: Pseudocide -
Win one game as a Pseudocider.

War Heros -
Change the outcome of a death to a Veteran when there is already one alive.

Not Mine! -
Change the outcome of a non-Mafia death to a Mafia one.

Had To Be Done -
Fabricate the death of a fellow Mafia member.

The Perfect Duo -
Fabricate a death and have a Forger forge the target at the same time.
Last edited by Benn3 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Pseudocider Role Concept - Mafia

Postby runningwiththepower » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:53 pm

I would maybe allow it to have 3 uses

and I don't really know if the name really works per say

but I like it well enough /support
runningwiththepower

Postby Benn3 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:58 pm

runningwiththepower wrote:I would maybe allow it to have 3 uses

and I don't really know if the name really works per say

but I like it well enough /support

it was hard coming up with a name, but then i found out that 'pseudocide' is the act of faking a death, so I just changed the word into a noun. originally it was 'fabricator' but that could mean anything. thanks for the feedback though! also, i edited it to allow them 3 uses.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Brilliand » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:51 pm

This role concept has come up before. The trouble with it is, in an environment like Ranked where Mafia kills are usual and every other type of kill is rare, will the Town really be fooled if they see only one kill and it isn't Mafia? They'll probably assume it was a Mafia kill that a Pseudocider messed with. That leaves the Pseodocider swapping labels between Vigilante, Veteran and Ambusher kills, all of which are difficult for the Mafia to predict, and risk specific townies having certain knowledge of what actually happened.

(Of course in All Any the Pseudocider could make it look like there is no Mafia at all, but that isn't the first place to look to decide whether a Mafia role is good.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MarsGodofWar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:34 am

I was the first to suggest this. Twice actually, one of them quite recently. Stop stealing my ideas ffs. Instead comment on the original idea about any changes or suggestions
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Postby MarsGodofWar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:51 am

Look you're new here, but don't snoop around the role section and gather ideas for your own roles and pose them as your own. Especially if they have been recently suggested and especially when you haven't even commented on the original suggestion, just downright rude bud.
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Postby superdog551 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:27 pm

MarsGodofWar wrote:Look you're new here, but don't snoop around the role section and gather ideas for your own roles and pose them as your own. Especially if they have been recently suggested and especially when you haven't even commented on the original suggestion, just downright rude bud.

You don't own this idea any more than you owned Agent. Both of these concepts have been thrown around in different forms for years. You're the rude one when you accuse a new forum member of ripping off your role and then you try to get their role blocked from the testing grounds
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Benn3 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:42 pm

MarsGodofWar wrote:I was the first to suggest this. Twice actually, one of them quite recently. Stop stealing my ideas ffs. Instead comment on the original idea about any changes or suggestions

I never even saw or read your Soldier concept, nor did I read the Framer Rework. It's common for people to come up with the same ideas as somebody else, you don't COPYRIGHT the idea either. It's not like I just scrolled through all the concepts, looked at yours like "oh that's good let me re-word that" and then made it into this. So don't just go assuming things like that, ESPECIALLY with a role like this.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MarsGodofWar » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:45 pm

superdog551 wrote:
MarsGodofWar wrote:Look you're new here, but don't snoop around the role section and gather ideas for your own roles and pose them as your own. Especially if they have been recently suggested and especially when you haven't even commented on the original suggestion, just downright rude bud.

You don't own this idea any more than you owned Agent. Both of these concepts have been thrown around in different forms for years. You're the rude one when you accuse a new forum member of ripping off your role and then you try to get their role blocked from the testing grounds

I never said I owned Agent. It came from SC2Mafia. I simply said that I brought that idea back to life. But I'm pretty sure this idea had never been suggested before, so i am in fact the original creator of this idea
MarsGodofWar
Witch
Witch

Postby superdog551 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:26 pm

MarsGodofWar wrote:
superdog551 wrote:

I never said I owned Agent. It came from SC2Mafia. I simply said that I brought that idea back to life. But I'm pretty sure this idea had never been suggested before, so i am in fact the original creator of this idea

Right, because over the 7+ years of this forum's existence nobody has ever suggested a role with the mechanic of changing the cause of death.

No, there are many. Here are a few: Tamperer, Hoaxer, Announcer, and Surrealist.

So no, you are not the original creator of this idea, and no you cannot block the Pseudocider from the Testing Grounds.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Dimethyltryptamine99 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:36 am

superdog551 wrote:
No, there are many. Here are a few: Tamperer, Hoaxer, Announcer, and Surrealist.

Well thats fair, but I most certainly refined the idea

superdog551 wrote:So no, you are not the original creator of this idea, and no you cannot block the Pseudocider from the Testing Grounds.

But you cannot deny how convenient his timing was. My idea for it was literally on the front page when he suggested this role and if you look at all of Benns ideas, he's just taking recent concepts that others have suggested and changed them slightly. So my point still stands that in fact he did steal my idea.
Dimethyltryptamine99
Jester
Jester

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:48 am

obviously this role idea has been done before I think even i suggested something similar way back ;]

But it's decent it has a lot of problems and generally seems useless in ranked.
/NoSupport I think it's something that would work with the forgers ability to change roles and wills or the target player on it's own it's really weak imo. (Would make forger too complicated currently imo, and forger is kind of fine). /-/
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Role Ideas