2021 Role Ideas Championship || SERVANT WINS

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Re: 2021 Role Ideas Championship || QUARTERFINALS 4

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:19 am

/vote Elemental

It's my role so yuh
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:48 pm

Hmm, I don't feel like any of the points made in the argument were particularly compelling. To me it mostly comes down to:

Elemental: Is a stronger Werewolf (more frequent attacks in exchange for lower attack power)

Silencer: Does something that's actually unique, but as Ezra pointed out, that unique thing risks a bad meta.

Out of the two I think Silencer is probably the easier role to fix, so...

/vote Silencer
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Ezradekezra » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:35 pm

is voting over yet
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:15 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:is voting over yet

Star is tallying the votes.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby runningwiththepower » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Sorry, I got locked out of my discord so I couldn't check the people that voted on there
ANYWAY,,,,here are the votes!

Elemental: Wave, Omfish, Mortis, Alex, Ezra, Sal

Silencer: Star, Velva, Yeeter, Brilliand, Houkieee

With a vote of 6 VS 5,

ELEMENTAL WINS!

GREAT debate guys, I think both of yall made some really compelling points.One of you more than the other but ;) (aka me (aka im joking))

And wow! Our closest & biggest vote yet!

THE FINAL ROUND BEGINS......................RIGHT.................................................................NOW!

Servant by Ezradekezra viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116561

VS

Elemental by WaveAqualei viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116726

Elemental & Servant have until SUNDAY @ MIDNIGHT to debate their roles either on here or in the #role-idea-contest. Voting will end on WEDNESDAY at Midnight next week (so I can allow/pester the people in the TG game to vote lol)

Good luck & may the best role............win!
runningwiththepower

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Well... I'm really not sure what to say. I think both of our roles are really good in different ways so there's not much I can argue with lol.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah, Elemental honestly isn't too bad of a a role idea.

I do think that it should definitely be moved to NK though.

One issue that I do have with Elemental is that I feel like Shrieking Gusts in particular is kinda pointless, as it doesn't really do much to further the Elemental's progress toward achieving its wincon. The same kinda applies to Water Ripple as well, but being able to self-heal at least makes it useful for self-preservation purposes.

I'm not really sure what the best way to fix these abilities would be, as simply removing them would turn Elemental into a better SK. Maybe rework them into less powerful killing abilities, but not in a way that turns it into a different SK?
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:Yeah, Elemental honestly isn't too bad of a a role idea.

I do think that it should definitely be moved to NK though.

One issue that I do have with Elemental is that I feel like Shrieking Gusts in particular is kinda pointless, as it doesn't really do much to further the Elemental's progress toward achieving its wincon. The same kinda applies to Water Ripple as well, but being able to self-heal at least makes it useful for self-preservation purposes.

I'm not really sure what the best way to fix these abilities would be, as simply removing them would turn Elemental into a better SK. Maybe rework them into less powerful killing abilities, but not in a way that turns it into a different SK?

I was out of ideas for the Gust ability but I'll probably add on to it (maybe where it attacks a random visitor like Ambusher/Crusader? Not sure yet).

I did have a question about Servant. How would this work if their target was Plaguebearer turned Pestilence?
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:15 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:I did have a question about Servant. How would this work if their target was Plaguebearer turned Pestilence?

Pestilence will rampage at their own house, but the Servant will do the visiting rampage.

If the Servant acts independently from Pestilence at this point, then Pestilence will rampage at both their own house and their target's house while the Servant just rampages at their target's house.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:36 am

I see. What happens if their target is Serial Killer/Werewolf and the Servant is roleblocked? I think that's a bit complicated.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:17 am

WaveAqualei wrote:I see. What happens if their target is Serial Killer/Werewolf and the Servant is roleblocked? I think that's a bit complicated.

Serial Killer: Servant will not attack the roleblocker but will still attack its target. Serial Killer will still attack roleblockers.

Werewolf: Werewolf will rampage at the target's house instead of the Servant. If both are RB'd, the Werewolf will rampage at home.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:34 am

Ezradekezra wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:I see. What happens if their target is Serial Killer/Werewolf and the Servant is roleblocked? I think that's a bit complicated.

Serial Killer: Servant will not attack the roleblocker but will still attack its target. Serial Killer will still attack roleblockers.

Werewolf: Werewolf will rampage at the target's house instead of the Servant. If both are RB'd, the Werewolf will rampage at home.

That makes sense, but it seems like too much for Servant to act independently with a WW target. Two WWs rampaging in one night seems like a lot.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:48 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

That makes sense, but it seems like too much for Servant to act independently with a WW target. Two WWs rampaging in one night seems like a lot.

The Servant only gets to act independently once, though. Yeah, it would be OP if there were multiple uses, but I don't think that it's too much different than giving an extra shot to any other killing role.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

The Servant only gets to act independently once, though. Yeah, it would be OP if there were multiple uses, but I don't think that it's too much different than giving an extra shot to any other killing role.

I feel like that it's too much? Two Pestilence rampages in one night just seems...well, difficult. Also, can Servant be converted into a Vampire?
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:
WaveAqualei wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

I feel like that it's too much? Two Pestilence rampages in one night just seems...well, difficult. Also, can Servant be converted into a Vampire?

I'd say that it's not that much more powerful than a GA being able to stop Pestilence from being lynched for two whole days even if they're outed, which would grant two more rampages + 2 at-home rampage.

Servant cannot be converted and will die instead. If the employer is converted, then the Servant will join the Vampires, though.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:30 pm

How does it work when the Servant's target is a Vampire? Do they visit or does the youngest Vampire visit? Also can Servant be staked by a Vampire Hunter?
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:37 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:How does it work when the Servant's target is a Vampire? Do they visit or does the youngest Vampire visit? Also can Servant be staked by a Vampire Hunter?

If the Servant's target is the youngest vampire then the Servant visits, otherwise the youngest vampire visits

The Servant cannot be staked
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:43 pm

Gotcha, it's also weird for two Vampire conversions to happen in a night?
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:48 pm

WaveAqualei wrote:Gotcha, it's also weird for two Vampire conversions to happen in a night?

Maybe in this case it could just function as if the Vampire team was full and deal a basic attack instead? Changing the interaction to do that would also keep a team of 5 or more Vampires from forming
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby runningwiththepower » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:05 pm

ELEMENTAL

VS

SERVANT

is OVER!

Voting is now open from now until Sunday @ Midnight! Cast your vote now!
runningwiththepower

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:23 pm

/vote Servant

glgl
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:44 am

Did Wave raise any objection against Servant at all? It looks like this started with an exchange of compliments, followed by Ezra raising one minor objection against Elemental, followed by a long Q&A session where they just neutrally discussed the details of Servant.

Well, since Servant never actually got argued against in this matchup...

/vote Servant
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby runningwiththepower » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Here are the votes!

Elemental: Wave, Dawn, Duck

Servant: Star, Ezra, Brilliand, Joshck, DoctorPyro, Jinthaiya, PlanZero, Alex

With a vote of 3 VS 8....

SERVANT WINS!

As per the rules stipulated originally by Alex, that means Servant will be tested in the TG for October! In addition, Ezra will receive a special Discord role! Congrats!

Good job everyone that participated! I hope everyone joined :D
runningwiththepower

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:56 pm

GG!
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby WaveAqualei » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:13 pm

This was fun!! I've been thinking of giving Elemental a rework since I had another idea for it.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Previous

Return to Role Ideas