Alien Role? [Neutral Benign/Neutral Chaos]

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Alien Role? [Neutral Benign/Neutral Chaos]

Postby BoltTheHero » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:22 pm

(Ok, wow, my past few posts from years ago were horrible. Thank god I'm older.)

Anyways so I had an actual idea that I wanted to share with people. Just to see what people thought about it. Sorry if this mirrors anything too closely.

Basically an Alien role, your goal is to record data from your mothership, and so you have been sent to earth with the hopes of finding intelligent life or perhaps another planet to use as a resource or something.

I have two ways on how the alien could work, one of them being Neutral Benign or Neutral Chaos. The way they change is based on their endgame.

For Neutral Benign route your job could be tasked by the mother ship to record everyone's role correctly in your alien tablet, which replaces your will. Getting one or a few attempts to get them all right. If you die or run out of attempts, you lose and die on the spot because your tablet kills you. You are unable to talk to the dead or a medium, but you can still listen though. If you get them all right however, your mothership comes to pick you up in a cinematic that everyone can see at night. With the announment that "The Alien has completed their mission!" and the alien will no longer be in the game, and cannot speak to the dead or medium. Not even able to see their messages.

Or... if you want it to be neutral chaos the aliens could decide to take over earth. Which does not go well for any involved, except the alien. This leads to an "Alien Win!" which ends the game instantly.

Dead bodies are automatically recorded UNLESS they were cleaned or stoned.

Now the alien would have no attack or defense, but would how immunity to roleblocking and being controlled, but can still be jailed. They also have an ability like the consig to visit a person every night and find out their roll. Bypassing anything that might make them show up differently. The alien visits in person, so is affected by so and so.

However, the alien can also go to the graveyard to sample a body that has been cleaned or stoned. Recording it to the tablet. This can also do different things depending on whatever you think is better. It can either reveal the role to the alien. Or it allows the alien to record it as cleaned or stoned. Either way the tracker still can see them going into the graveyard.

There can only be one Alien per game and an Alien cannot be remembered by Amnesiacs.

This role is really meant to spice the game up and make it more fun, or perhaps could be designed to punish those who reveal their role too swiftly.

I personally prefer the fun direction, with this character being Neutral Benign. It's like a hidden agenda for the player that isn't harmful (AKA not the Pirate, stop stealing my gold).

What do you all think? Should the alien be nerfed or buffed in anyway? Perhaps reworked so he has to take "samples" from every house instead?

This will probably never get added, but fire way.
wHen THe tOWNie SuS ?
BoltTheHero
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Alien Role? [Neutral Benign/Neutral Chaos]

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:59 am

In the future you should use this template when creating role ideas just so that it's easier to read.

The NB version of Alien could side with Town and would be super powerful since it could confirm players as good or evil. Since Consigliere is a relatively weak role, an Alien would be much less useful to the Mafia than to the Town, so it would usually help the Town.

The NC version could be a little better, but it would be alarming if the Town thinks they are winning and then suddenly the game is over. You sometimes see that with Arsonist, but douse frames and the length of the game can give Town members a general idea of how close the Arsonist is to winning. Plus, even an Arsonist who fails to kill anyone can confuse the Town with douse frames whereas an Alien who guesses incorrectly has close to zero impact on the game.

The hardest part about balancing this role would be to make it different from Arsonist. The main difference between this role and Arsonist is that there's skill in guessing people's roles. To make it more predictable, there should be some sort of mechanism for how often it guesses roles. Maybe have it choose two players and guess their roles each night? And it should have some sort of impact on other roles. Like maybe a player whose role is predicted can no longer be investigated or something.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas