Two things relating to the Vampire.

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Two things relating to the Vampire.

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 pm

1 - Vampire shouldn't be in the same bucket as Pirate and Plaguebearer. Now, I don't have Coven, so obviously I've never seen a Pirate or Plaguebearer in action (those 30 Coven tickets I have for some reason will remain untouched forevermore, maaaybe unless some renewable way to get them shows up), but from what I understand Pirate and Plaguebearer are both variants on Neutral Killing. Pirate is a Neutral Killing that gets bored after two kills and then turns into a post-lynch Executioner with no defense, while Plaguebearer is pretty much a Werewolf with a longer fuse. Unlike Vampires, Pirate and Plaguebearer can't change the win condition of other roles. I don't think that this is something Vampires should be able to do at all, but I also can't see any realistic way to make it stop doing that. Therefore, I'd say Vampire stays in Neutral Chaos all by itself forevermore (unless something else that changes the win condition of other roles is added), while Pirate and Plaguebearer get moved into a into a new Neutral Malignant category.

2 - Add "Town/Mafia/Coven/Neutral/Any Excluding" brackets where one can choose specific roles to cut, such as "Neutral Excluding Survivor/Amnesiac/Vampire" to make it only pick from Killing, Evil, and Malevolent if applicable (probably it just says "Neutral Excluding", and if you hover the mouse over it or touch it or something it'll present a drop-down list of what it's excluding). Alternatively, for a more simple but less effective solution, just add a "Neutral No Chaos" bracket that's Neutral Any except without Vampires.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Two things relating to the Vampire.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:11 am

yeah this has been suggested before and everyone supports it
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:15 am

also the coven tickets do replenish slowly, every 30 games (I think it was 30) you get 3 tickets
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:39 am

For #1, I strongly prefer Ezradekezra's subalignment rearrangement (Option B). I think PB/Pest should be separate from NK for the same reasons why Jester and Pirate shouldn't be NB. PB/Pest uses methods that are different from NKs to achieve its goals, and making it an NK would swing the alignment too much since scum wouldn't be able to depend on a reliable kill and Town would be able to push massclaims much more easily. I'm fine with NC Vampires, but Vamps are definitely more of a faction than other NK/NC roles so it works either way. Pirate is much closer to NB than NK because it has limited kills and can win with anyone, but having it in NB would swing the alignment since Pirate is much more impactful than the other NBs. So the Neutral Other suggestion works very well.

I support the second idea, and I believe I heard the devs express interest in something similar. I would also support the idea of excluding specific roles from the entire game so that you don't have to manually exclude a role from every possible slot.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby SilverCruz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:28 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:also the coven tickets do replenish slowly, every 30 games (I think it was 30) you get 3 tickets

Oh.

Huh.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas