Mafia Deception - Large (I don't have a name for this role.)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Mafia Deception - Large (I don't have a name for this role.)

Postby SilverCruz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Details. Also, I know this probably sounds more like a Coven thing, but I don't have that expansion so I'm labeling it as Mafia. Plus it's horrible anyway, so who cares? Though, if you're wondering, the name given is a Medium pun for reasons that will become obvious.

- Partially Roleblock Immune.

- At any time before dying, select a role. You will appear as this role to Investigators and that role will be announced instead of your true role when you die. You may change this role at any time, though be careful with that. (Real investigation bracket is probably in the Bad Bucket with Framer, Jester, and Vampire)

- At night, you can choose to target yourself. When you do, you have two options. The first is to commit suicide with a death message of your choosing (those which are available depends on the role list, with "killed by a member of the Mafia" always being available, though if the Mafia actually kills someone the same night when you select this message, you will abort your action and not die, and if you do die Spies will see you as having been visited by the Mafia that night). The second is to visit the player targeted by the Godfather (or Mafioso if there is no Godfather) in place of the Godfather/Mafioso, then commit a Basic attack. If the target dies, their death message will be changed from "killed by a member of the Mafia." to "shot by a Vigilante" both from their perspective and during the day (your visit cannot be seen by Spies while doing this), and you will "die from guilt" the following night, your role being stated as being a Vigilante if your attack was successful regardless of what you had selected previously (your Investigation result will also be stuck on Vigilante/Veteran/Mafioso/Ambusher after your attack is successful). If you get killed as a result of your visit (Veteran, Bodyguard, Werewolf, whatever else), you will still be called a Vigilante during the day report. You can be roleblocked from attacking as a fake Vigilante, but not from committing suicide.

- While dead during the day, you may choose to seance the Mafia the following night. You may do this once, and like with a Medium's seance, you may not see dead chat during the night that you are using this ability.

- At night after dying the first time, you can still see the Mafia chat and who they're targeting (though you can't speak to them unless a seance is active), and you again have two options. Your first option will cause you to resurrect yourself if the Godfather/Mafioso commits an attack and their target dies, stealing that target's identity in which case their death will not be reported to the town (At this point, reports against their original name are automatically redirected to you, and vice-versa). The second option is to forcibly resurrect in your own slot, though your name will change to a default name and your player skin will also change to a random skin in your possession. (Your original name is not removed from the Graveyard and the game does not bother to point out that someone just rose from the dead, but this is still preeetty obvious if anyone's paying attention, so don't do it unless it's absolutely necessary). If the last living member of the Mafia is lynched or executed by the Jailor, you will be forced to resurrect into your own slot. If they die for any reason where they could've survived by being healed by a Doctor, you will steal their identity and resurrect instead, immediately becoming a Mafioso in either case. You may resurrect either way even if you chose to Seance the Mafia on the same night.

- After resurrecting, your original abilities are disabled and the next time you die, your role will be declared accurately unless you are Forged or Cleaned. In this state, your only new ability is that you will always become the Mafioso before anyone else if a new one is needed.

REASONS FOR EXISTING
- Can receive information from dead players and bring it back to living members of the Mafia.
- Can screw up the Graveyard without relying on the Mafia actually killing somebody or somebody quitting.
- Can discreetly resurrect itself so that it doesn't just die and then do nothing. (This would be even better with that TMK thing, as upon reviving you'd be able to just take care of the Mafia's kills at no cost to productivity since you have nothing else to do anyway)
- Can get "killed by a member of the Mafia" while the Mafia Killing is alone and jailed to try to prevent or break up a deadlock. (Even though it shouldn't have to)
- Being able to forge yourself is really cool.

REASON TO NOT EXIST
- Everyone will probably hate it.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Mafia Deception - Large (I don't have a name for this ro

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm

No resurrection, old retri was extremely OP, and it was part of the uninformed majority

Can discreetly resurrect itself so that it doesn't just die and then do nothing. (This would be even better with that TMK thing, as upon reviving you'd be able to just take care of the Mafia's kills at no cost to productivity since you have nothing else to do anyway)

This is a reason TO NOT exist
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Role Ideas