The Bartender (Town Support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

The Bartender (Town Support)

Postby Cabohhh » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:47 pm

Role Name:
The Bartender

Role Alignment:
Town Support

Abilities:
At night, Inebriate someone.
Inebriated players will not be notified of being Inebriated.

Attributes:
You must wait a night between Inebriations.
You will be able to read whispers coming from inebriated players, but not to them.
Inebriation lasts for two days.
You may not inebriate the same player twice in a row.
You will be informed of anything that happens to your target for two nights unless they die. For example, if your target was Inebriated N1, you would get the notifications of both N1 and N2 at the end of N2. The order will be randomized, but could end up in the same order by chance.
Attacking notifications will not be shown, such as You attacked someone, You ambushed someone, Your were roleblocked so you attacked the roleblocker, etc.
If you are roleblocked the night after inebriating someone, you will not get your list of notifications.

Notifications:
Bartender:
You have decided to drink with [Position].
You have instead decided to drink with [Position].
You have decided not to drink.
Your target was roleblocked, Your target was controlled, Your target was attacked but healed, etc.

Spy:
Your target drank with a Bartender! (Bugging Notification of the night they drank, or "N1" in the example.)
Your target spilled their secrets! (Bugging Notification of the night immediately proceeding the night they drank, or "N2" in the example.)

Goal:
To lynch every criminal and evildoer.

WinCon:
Standard Town WinCon.

Special Attributes:
Control Immunity.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target seems innocent.
Investigator: Doctor/Disguiser/Serial Killer/Potion Master/Bartender
Consigliere: Your target has a talent for coercing secrets with alcohol. They must be a Bartender!

Achievements:
Standard 1-25 wins.
Alcoholic-Inebriate yourself.
On the Job-Inebriate a Revealed Mayor.
Loose Lips-Reveal that your target has defence!
Screwed-Driver-Inebriate a home-staying Werewolf on a Full Moon night.
Personal Vendetta-Inebriate the same person two times in a single game.

Examples:

Example A; Basics
Spoiler: Player A is a Bartender.
Player B is a Godfather.
Player C is a Witch.

Player A drinks with Player B Night 1. Player B is controlled by Player C.
Player A stays home Night 2. Player B is transported and attacks themselves. Player A receives the following messages:

"Player B was attacked, but they had defence."
"Player B was controlled by a Witch!"
"Player B was transported."
Last edited by Cabohhh on Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 6, 3:17
Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: The Bartender (Town Support)

Postby ringpop03 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:51 pm

Player A receives the following messages:

So this role goes through transports? Because if Player A targeted player B and they were transported then Player A should target whoever was transported with Player B, thereby not receiving the witched or attacked notification. Also why does it say the players' name instead of their target? Does it function like arsonist where they know who is drunk and who isn't regardless of transports or witched? (Witched is also a question, do they get results the second night or does witch get those results too?).
ringpop03

Postby Cabohhh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 pm

ringpop03 wrote:
Player A receives the following messages:

So this role goes through transports? Because if Player A targeted player B and they were transported then Player A should target whoever was transported with Player B, thereby not receiving the witched or attacked notification. Also why does it say the players' name instead of their target? Does it function like arsonist where they know who is drunk and who isn't regardless of transports or witched? (Witched is also a question, do they get results the second night or does witch get those results too?).

The Bartender does not go through transports. In the example, Player A Inebriated Player B before they were transported. The results come in a random order, meaning that you will only know what happens on the two nights, but not which two nights (However, the results CAN be in order, but you won't know.). Player A receives the results regardless of if Player B was transported the night after Inebriation. Basically, in my mind, Player B would just tell Player A what happened to them during the night, counting as an Astral visit. The Bartender doesn't redirect visits though.

Also, I noticed the flaw with the notifications, I'll change "Position" to "Your Target". I'll also make them Control Immune because it would be too confusing if they were controlled.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Kuter » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:32 pm

I like it, but the only thing i would add/change is, whoever you decide to Inebriate/drink with, have their night target be random. They could still choose who to pick, but because they've been intoxicated, it'll be random. So idk, but that's just my take on it
Kuter
Witch
Witch

Postby nataliebernadette » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:27 pm

This is a really cool idea! You seem to have put a lot of thought into it and I think we could always use another TS. This one seems like it could be highly useful. I don't know if anyone remembers TOS from years ago, but I remember when spy could see whispers, maf chat, and who they visit. I used to love spy when it was that, so having this role would definitely make me want to play more!
nataliebernadette
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cabohhh » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Kuter wrote:I like it, but the only thing i would add/change is, whoever you decide to Inebriate/drink with, have their night target be random. They could still choose who to pick, but because they've been intoxicated, it'll be random. So idk, but that's just my take on it

Originally, I was going to do that, but I felt that it would create too many problems.

One, any time you drank with a town member, you would immediately screw with any of their results. Vigilante might accidentally kill a townie, Investigators wouldn't know who they checked, and transporters would just be causing widespread confusion. It would become less of a Town Support role and more of a Neutral Chaos.

Two, randomizing targets would just turn the entire town into a Circus. If you were a SK fake claiming doctor, all you would have to do was say that there was a Bartender in the game, and it would be too hard to verify your results.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cabohhh » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Lowkey a bump but whatever.

-Formatting fixed, so now you won't wish death upon yourself reading this.
-Roleblocks now affect the second night, making Bartender a lil less boosted.

suffer
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas