Arsonist Nerf

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Arsonist Nerf

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:47 am

Arsonist is really powerful due to passive douses. I don't want to remove them, just want to change the conditions for them firing.

Arsonist (Neutral Killing)
Attack: Unstoppable, Defense: Basic
• Each night you may visit someone to douse them in gasoline.
• You will passively douse your role blockers and attackers.
• If you take no action, you will attempt to clean gas off of yourself.
• In lieu of this visit, you may instead target yourself to Ignite all doused targets.

This still creates the opportunity for massive collateral damage while making it much more controlled and fair than the "dOuSe EvErYoNe WhO vIsItS mE."
This also notably now makes Witch immune to being passively doused, which creates better opportunities for the two of them teaming in a situation like Ranked IV.

The only problem I can see with this is that now the Arsonist is less able to perform TP/LO calls in a balanced setting like Ranked IV, which was the intent of the buff.

actually, that was the intent of all of the NK buffs...

In the interest of keeping this on-topic, I won't talk about re-adding NK into Ranked or having an NK slot in a Classic game that isn't chaos or Mafia Classic.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: Arsonist Nerf

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Brink NK back to Ranked!

Passive douses are terrible and should be removed, but I like your change. Also, I think Arsonist should get one quick ignite, where it can douse and ignite in the same game. Passive douses, or any other NK buffs for that matter, are definitely not the most straightforward or effective way to counter TP/LO meta. Jailor does not belong in Ranked and Lookout needs to be nerfed further to limit its ability to confirm players while still allowing it to find killers.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Arsonist Nerf

Postby Confectionery » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:12 pm

Or the better option, make Arsonist unique. The problem only exists when more than one Arsonist exists. And mostly people encounter an Arsonist in AA which means more than one Arsonist existing.
Confectionery
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Role Ideas