Role idea - Demolitionist - Mafia Killing

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role idea - Demolitionist - Mafia Killing

Postby GolemGGs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:05 pm

Role Name:
Demolitionist

Role Alignment:
Mafia (Killing) [Unique]

Abilities:
Place a mine at a players house

Attributes:
- If you take no action, you will disarm the existing mine.
- Select yourself to detonate
- There can only be one Mine out at a time
- Mines will deal a powerful attack to the mined person, and a basic attack to the visitors of the mined person
- Mines take 1 day to arm.
- You can only detonate 3 mines.

Notifications:
1. You have planted a mine!
2. You have detonated your mine!
3. You attacked someone. [Shows once per person attacked by the mine]
4. You armed your mine!

Goal:
Kill anyone that will not submit to the mafia.

Win Conditions:
You win with the Mafia
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You you win with Witches
You must kill the Town
You win with Survivors
You must kill the Coven
You must kill Plaguebearer
You must kill Pestilence
You may spare anyone else

Special Attributes:
Unique Role

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Your target is suspicious!
Investigator - Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, or a Demolitionist.
Investigator (Coven DLC) - Bodyguard, Godfather, Arsonist, Crusader, or a Demolitionist.
Consigliere/Witch - Your target places mines at peoples houses waiting for the right moment to strike. They must be a Demolitionist.

Achievements:
Landmined - Detonate a mine
Destruction Unbound - Win 1 game as Demolitionist
The Town Outcast - Win 5 games as Demolitionist
A More Effective Arsonist - Win 10 games as Demolitionist
The Town Menace - Win 10 games as Demolitionist
An Ineffective Mafia - Kill a mafia member with a mine
There can only be one - Kill an arsonist with a mine
Assassination by mine - Kill a revealed mayor with a mine
The Mine Massacre - Kill 5 people or more with a mine
A Confused Demolitionist - Mine Yourself

Additional Information:

1. Spy Bug - Your target was mined! , Spy Bug 2 - Your targets mine was armed!
2. If a doctor, bodyguard, or crusader visits someone who is mined, then they disarm the mine. Disarming the mine overrides any attempt at detonating the mine.
3. If a demolitionist visits someone who is trapped, the demolitionist will get attacked by the trap.
4. Mafia WILL get hurt by a mine.
5. If a mine is disarmed, the person the mine was on gets a message "You were mined but the mine was disarmed!". Doctor/BG/Crus meanwhile will get the message "You disarmed a mine.". Hypnotist can make people see the first message.
6. Mines ignore jail. If a person in jail is mined and the mine is detonated, then the mine will deal a basic attack to the jailor.
7. On the subject of mines taking 1 day to arm. First night a mine is placed. Second night the mine is armed. Third night onward the mine can be detonated. Repeat.
8. Mutually exclusive with Ambusher. If there is a demolitionist there cant be an ambusher, but if there is an ambusher there cant be a demolitionist
Last edited by GolemGGs on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GolemGGs
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Role idea - Demolitionist - Mafia Killing

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm

So a role that gives mafia an extra kpn each 2 nights with a potential of 4 kills?

/no support

Its overpowered in everyway
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby GolemGGs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:39 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:So a role that gives mafia an extra kpn each 2 nights with a potential of 4 kills?

/no support

I made it to where they can detonate each 3 nights, and made it to where they are mutually exclusive with ambusher. Ive been thinking about making it to where the target can know they have been mined. Do you have any other ideas on how to nerf?
GolemGGs
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cabohhh » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:45 pm

GolemGGs wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:So a role that gives mafia an extra kpn each 2 nights with a potential of 4 kills?

/no support

I made it to where they can detonate each 3 nights, and made it to where they are mutually exclusive with ambusher. Ive been thinking about making it to where the target can know they have been mined. Do you have any other ideas on how to nerf?

If your target knows that they've been mined, all they would have to do is alert everyone that they have a mine on them, and warn them not to visit.

It sounds like a fun role, but could use some tweaking.
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 6, 3:17
Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GolemGGs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Cabohhh wrote:
GolemGGs wrote:

/no support

If your target knows that they've been mined, all they would have to do is alert everyone that they have a mine on them, and warn them not to visit.

It sounds like a fun role, but could use some tweaking.

I am aware in needs tweaking. I just don't know what tweaks to make.
GolemGGs
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cabohhh » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:49 pm

GolemGGs wrote: I am aware in needs tweaking. I just don't know what tweaks to make.

Well from what I can see, it's a buffed Mafia trapper. I think that having to detonate the mine yourself might be a little problematic. Maybe have it automatically trigger if someone visits your target, as well as being able to manually trigger the mine? That way, if you got roleblocked or controlled or anything, you could still have it trigger?
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby GolemGGs » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Cabohhh wrote:
GolemGGs wrote: I am aware in needs tweaking. I just don't know what tweaks to make.

Well from what I can see, it's a buffed Mafia trapper. I think that having to detonate the mine yourself might be a little problematic. Maybe have it automatically trigger if someone visits your target, as well as being able to manually trigger the mine? That way, if you got roleblocked or controlled or anything, you could still have it trigger?

The problem with this role seemed to be that it is to overpowered, however you proposed an idea that would buff it. I was thinking more about this, and do you think something like giving them a limited amount of mines to detonate would work?
GolemGGs
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cabohhh » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:49 pm

GolemGGs wrote: The problem with this role seemed to be that it is to overpowered, however you proposed an idea that would buff it. I was thinking more about this, and do you think something like giving them a limited amount of mines to detonate would work?

Well, given that it takes three nights to get a kill and the fact that it can be disarmed by TPs, I wouldn't say that it would be "Overpowered". Also, with the fact that the Ambusher cannot coexist with this role, I think it seems fair. To balance it a pinch, I feel like if you're placing a mine and someone else visits the same target on the same night, that they should get a notification saying that they witnessed you place an explosive there. That sounds plausible.

GolemGGs wrote: If you take no action, you will disarm the existing mine.

This is unnecessary. If you leave the mine there, you shouldn't have to either disarm it or detonate it.

Hope this was helpful, if any other problems come up, don't be afraid to ask!
The Coroner
The Mystic
The Hitman
The Hierophant

Cabohhh
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Role Ideas