TMK: There Must Always be a Godfather

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

TMK: There Must Always be a Godfather

Postby Dimethyltryptamine99 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:41 pm

This is an idea I have for TMK. I believe the Mafioso should be removed entirely and the decision of who sent to kill is decided primarily by the Godfather. The Consigliere will be in charge of deciding who to kill if the Godfather is Jailed. If both the Godfather and Consigliere are unavailable then one of the Mafia members will be the acting boss (GF) and will have the Godfathers actions for the night, but won't have any of the Godfathers special attributes since it's just temporarily.

I've suggested two options of how the Mechanics of whos sent to kill would work.

All Mafia Members Selected Go
The Godfather will have his option to pick who to kill. When he does this a tab (just like the one for Hypno) will pop up and he will select the Members of the Mafia he wants to perform the kill, he will also be able to select himself. The Godfather can send as many Mafia members as he wants to perform the kill. Any member that is selected won't perform any of their night actions. The member(s) that are selected to kill will be sent out as a group to perform the kill and will all be seen as visiting (unless they are roleblocked, disguised by a disguiser or detection immune in any way). All members that are sent out will also be vulnerable to Veterans. The more Mafia members that are sent out to kill, the higher the success chance of the kill being made. If only one member is sent out to kill and they are roleblocked in any way, then the kill will be unsuccessful.

Godfather Selects Priority
Another option is that the Godfather picks who to kill and then chooses who performs the kill in priority. A tab will come up (just like Hypno) and the first person he selects will be first priority; second, second priority etc. The first person selected won't perform their night actions as they'll be the dominant person to carry out the kill. If they are roleblocked in any way the second priority Mafia member will perform the kill and his previously selected night actions won't be performed. This option is much easier for the Mafia than the previous suggestion but could be restricted so the Godfather can only pick two Members.

Godfather
Should always exist in the Mafia and once the Godfather dies, another member of the Mafia should replace him. Firstly, the Consigliere will always replace the Godfather first and the Consigliere will become unique. I believe this is the most realistic way for this to work as a Consigliere is basically the right-hand man to the Godfather. I've come up with a few options of who should replace the Godfather if the Consigliere doesn't exist.

• Option 1 - Less Useful Role. This will make it easier for the Mafia, as the role that is of less use to them becomes the new Godfather. Firstly, any Janitor or Forger that exists with 0 cleans or forgers, will become the Godfather. Then the Framer, Disguiser, Blackmailer, Janitor, Forger, Consort and finally the Ambusher.
  • Option 2- Mafia Votes. After the Godfather dies, the remaining Mafia members nominate who becomes the Godfather
  • Option 3 - Godfather has an option to nominate a successor
  • Option 4 - All Members have a passive option to nominate the next Godfather at all time. This would exist as an option on the side and every member including the Godfather himself will be able to nominate the next Godfather. If a Consigliere exists, he will overwrite this.
  • Option 5 - Random, just like how it is currently with who becomes Mafioso.

Set-Up Change I also suggest a basic change to the standard ranked role list.
Godfather
Consigliere
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

Consigliere
Unique Role
Right-Hand Man to the Godfather.
*If the Godfather is unable to give out orders, do so in his stead.
*You will become the next Godfather when the Godfather dies.

All Any/Custom Game Modes
A Godfather MUST spawn if Mafia exists.
Dimethyltryptamine99
Jester
Jester

Re: TMK: There Must Always be a Godfather

Postby Dimethyltryptamine99 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:01 am

Bump
Dimethyltryptamine99
Jester
Jester

Return to Role Ideas