Mafioso Rework

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Mafioso Rework

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:55 pm

Role Name:
Mafioso

Attack: Basic
Defence: None
Priority: 5
Unique: Yes

Role Alignment:
Mafia(Killing)

Ability:
- Choose someone to place a hit on at day.
- You may choose to follow through with the hit or to instead attack whom the Godfather chooses.

Attributes:
- Placing a hit is astral, all others are normal visits.
- If you follow through with the hit you will injure your target, leaving them unable to be protected any more (A bg will still kill the attacker but will not give 1 hit powerful defence (might change) a crus won't grant target defence aswell, but still will kill visitor, a doc won't grant target powerful defence and trapper won't grant the target defence like bg) (doc can still cure poison).
- If you follow through with your Godfathers orders then you will attack the target he chooses.
- If the Godfather is unable to attack, (rbed or jailed) then the Mafioso will attack the Godfathers choice if they have selected to follow through with the Godfathers orders (They will now be able to select a target even when jailed/pirated).
- If you choose to follow your Godfathers orders and you are rbed then he will attack instead.
- When chosen to injure someone a second time, you will deal them a basic attack (basically guaranteed to kill a townie).
- You may speak with other Mafia at night.
- You will turn into the Godfather if they die.
- If you die and their is no Godfather, then a randomly selected Mafia member will be promoted to Mafioso
- If you do not select anyone during the day to place the hit on then you will automatically follow the Godfathers orders.

Notifications:
Mafioso
You have decided to place a hit on [PLAYER].
You have instead decided to place a hit on [PLAYER].
You have decided to follow through with the hit.
You have instead decided to follow through with the hit.
You have decided to ditch the hit and follow your Godfathers commands.
You have instead decided to ditch the hit and follow your Godfathers commands.
You have changed your mind.
Godfather
Your Mafioso will instead attack [PLAYER] tonight.
Player
You were injured!
You were attacked by a member of the Mafia.
Death Message
They were picked of by a Mafioso.

Goal:
Kill anyone who wot submit to the Mafia.

Win Conditions:
Same as Mafia.

Achievements:
Usual 1-25.
Idk bout others.

Investigative Results:
Same.

Additional Info:
A Godfather will now be the guaranteed mafia spawn instead of the Mafioso.
Tbh idk how well this would go in a Ranked environment, but I feel it would be ok.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: Mafioso Rework

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:16 am

Seems a bit too powerful, in night 3 you can all critical townies unprotected, injury shouldnt be astral (maybe it should be LO inmune thats all)
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:01 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Seems a bit too powerful, in night 3 you can all critical townies unprotected, injury shouldnt be astral (maybe it should be LO inmune thats all)

Only placing the hit during the day is astral (Tbh I think all day abilities are astral anyway) Injuries are not astral.
Yes but let's say of Jailor meta occur, unless mafia kill Doctor, the doc is gonna stay on jailor and even if the Mafioso tries to injure jailor, it won't work.
Also keep in mind if Godfather is rbed then it gonna require Mafioso to be promoted in the case they figure out the person rbed is gf and lynch, that means the Mafioso goes to gf, meaning Mafioso just focusing on injuring people is a risky play.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby RiceHatMan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:48 am

CapWarrior2 wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Seems a bit too powerful, in night 3 you can all critical townies unprotected, injury shouldnt be astral (maybe it should be LO inmune thats all)

Only placing the hit during the day is astral (Tbh I think all day abilities are astral anyway) Injuries are not astral.
Yes but let's say of Jailor meta occur, unless mafia kill Doctor, the doc is gonna stay on jailor and even if the Mafioso tries to injure jailor, it won't work.
Also keep in mind if Godfather is rbed then it gonna require Mafioso to be promoted in the case they figure out the person rbed is gf and lynch, that means the Mafioso goes to gf, meaning Mafioso just focusing on injuring people is a risky play.

Then what is the point of injuring the player when you can just attack them?
RiceHatMan
Investigator
Investigator

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Harryyoshi wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:

Then what is the point of injuring the player when you can just attack them?

So the GF can attack someone n1 and you injure someone else n1 then the GF can attack the injured person, and the Mafioso injures someone else.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:52 pm

This would cause a revival of the jailor meta just to prevent situations where the jailor is injured and can't be protected. I don't think this would be healthy for the game at all.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:02 pm

OreCreeper wrote:This would cause a revival of the jailor meta just to prevent situations where the jailor is injured and can't be protected. I don't think this would be healthy for the game at all.

Yeah I see what you mean, maybe if a doctor protects, they heal the injured person up?
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Role Ideas