Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Postby NickLikeGamesDUH » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 am

Role Name: Avatar

Role Alignment: Coven (Evil)

Abilities: Every night you may bend an element to your will. You may only use every element once.

Attributes: Every element has its own status effect if the attack does not kill. You may bend Fire, Electric, Acid, Air, or Techno elements.
With the Necronomicon, you have infinite uses for all elements.

Notifications: "You feel a strong current as you walk outside your house.. your forced to go back inside!"
"You are set ablaze by a flame, killing you!"
"You were set ablaze but the flame burnt you instead!"
"You feel a wave of electricity flow through your body."
"You ran into a conductor, causing the electric currents to flow through you both and kill you!"
"You run into a border of acid, killing you near instantly!"

Goal: Kill all who would oppose the Coven.

Win Conditions:
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill the Town
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Vampires
You must kill Plaguebearers
You must kill Pestilence
You win with the Coven
You win with Survivors

You may spare anyone else.

Special Attributes:

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Suspicious (Without Necronomicon) Seems Inno (With Necronomicon)
Investigator - Your target could be a Lookout, Forger Coven Leader, Juggernaut, or Avatar.
Consigliere - Your target bends elements to their will. They must be an Avatar!

Achievements:
Master Of Elements
Win 1 game as an Avatar.

The Chosen
Win 5 games as an Avatar.

Bend At Will
Win 10 games as an Avatar.

A True Avatar
Win 25 games as an Avatar.

Coding Bug!
Affect a player with Techno and any other status effect.

Burning Karma
Kill someone with the Burnt effect by having them attack a doused coven member.

That Was a Mistake
Affect yourself with a status effect.

Additional Information: Fire deals a basic attack to the target and if they don't die to it, they are instead Burnt. Burnt does not affect Arsonists.
If a player is affected by Air, they are given the Windy effect. Lasts for 3 days.
If a player is affected by Techno, they are given the Corrupted effect. Lasts for 2 days.
If a player is attacked by Lightning and survives, they are given the Charged status effect. Lasts for 2 days.

Acid deals a powerful attack and has no status effect.
Burnt causes players to die if they visit someone who is doused or hexed. They are attacked with an unstoppable attack.
Windy causes anyone who visits the windy player to be roleblocked for that night. Coven are immune to windy.
Corrupted causes the player to see incorrect chat messages.
Charged causes players to die if they visit a Conductor. Charged players become Conductors if they keep the Charged effect for 1 day.
Ex: John Hathorne: 4 is evil!
Deodat Lawson: 8 is mafia!

(Corrupted player's perspective)
Deodat Lawson: 4 is evil!
John Hathorne: 8 is mafia!

Lore:
NickLikeGamesDUH

Re: Avatar (Coven Evil)

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Can you describe what these elements do more clearly? I don't really get how they work just by the messages.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby NickLikeGamesDUH » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:54 pm

DiamondRanger8 wrote:Can you describe what these elements do more clearly? I don't really get how they work just by the messages.

Techno basically makes it so anyone who is affected by it sees that messages aren't sent by the actual sender, but by someone else. So if you called me sus and I said no you, they'd see that the next person to chat would say im sus and you'd say no you.

Burnt is basically if you visit a hexed/doused player, you instantly get attacked by an unstoppable attack. The "Fire" spell itself only does a basic attack, meaning roles with night immunity get this by default.

Windy causes you to be unable to visit the windy target. Let's just say the Avatar make you windy and I tried to visit you as a non-coven member, I'd be turned away because of the winds pushing me away from the target house. Also, the message would be "As you walk to your targets home, you are pushed away by the strong winds!" instead of the current one.

And finally, Charged means you are attacked by a powerful attack if you visit someone that's a Conductor of electricity. If I become Charged and visit a Conductor, I'd die. If I don't visit a Conductor for 2 days, the Charged debuff is refunded and I instead become a Conductor, making me a dangerous target for anyone Charged.

Hope this helped.
NickLikeGamesDUH

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:48 pm

NickLikeGamesDUH wrote:Role Name: Avatar

Role Alignment: Coven (Evil)

Abilities: Every night you may bend an element to your will. You may only use every element once.

Attributes: Every element has its own status effect if the attack does not kill. You may bend Fire, Electric, Acid, Air, or Techno elements.
With the Necronomicon, you have infinite uses for all elements.

Notifications: "You feel a strong current as you walk outside your house.. your forced to go back inside!"
"You are set ablaze by a flame, killing you!"
"You were set ablaze but the flame burnt you instead!"
"You feel a wave of electricity flow through your body."
"You ran into a conductor, causing the electric currents to flow through you both and kill you!"
"You run into a border of acid, killing you near instantly!"

Goal: Kill all who would oppose the Coven.

Win Conditions:
You must kill the Mafia
You must kill the Town
You must kill Serial Killers
You must kill Arsonists
You must kill Werewolves
You must kill Vampires
You must kill Plaguebearers
You must kill Pestilence
You win with the Coven
You win with Survivors

You may spare anyone else.

Special Attributes:

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Suspicious (Without Necronomicon) Seems Inno (With Necronomicon)
Investigator - Your target could be a Lookout, Forger Coven Leader, Juggernaut, or Avatar.
Consigliere - Your target bends elements to their will. They must be an Avatar!

Achievements:
Master Of Elements
Win 1 game as an Avatar.

The Chosen
Win 5 games as an Avatar.

Bend At Will
Win 10 games as an Avatar.

A True Avatar
Win 25 games as an Avatar.

Coding Bug!
Affect a player with Techno and any other status effect.

Burning Karma
Kill someone with the Burnt effect by having them attack a doused coven member.

That Was a Mistake
Affect yourself with a status effect.

Additional Information: Fire deals a basic attack to the target and if they don't die to it, they are instead Burnt. Burnt does not affect Arsonists.
If a player is affected by Air, they are given the Windy effect. Lasts for 3 days.
If a player is affected by Techno, they are given the Corrupted effect. Lasts for 2 days.
If a player is attacked by Lightning and survives, they are given the Charged status effect. Lasts for 2 days.

Acid deals a powerful attack and has no status effect.
Burnt causes players to die if they visit someone who is doused or hexed. They are attacked with an unstoppable attack.
Windy causes anyone who visits the windy player to be roleblocked for that night. Coven are immune to windy.
Corrupted causes the player to see incorrect chat messages.
Charged causes players to die if they visit a Conductor. Charged players become Conductors if they keep the Charged effect for 1 day.
Ex: John Hathorne: 4 is evil!
Deodat Lawson: 8 is mafia!

(Corrupted player's perspective)
Deodat Lawson: 4 is evil!
John Hathorne: 8 is mafia!

Lore:

You should probably change the name, if this gets added BMG might get sued.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:31 pm

NickLikeGamesDUH wrote:
DiamondRanger8 wrote:Can you describe what these elements do more clearly? I don't really get how they work just by the messages.

Techno basically makes it so anyone who is affected by it sees that messages aren't sent by the actual sender, but by someone else. So if you called me sus and I said no you, they'd see that the next person to chat would say im sus and you'd say no you.

Burnt is basically if you visit a hexed/doused player, you instantly get attacked by an unstoppable attack. The "Fire" spell itself only does a basic attack, meaning roles with night immunity get this by default.

Windy causes you to be unable to visit the windy target. Let's just say the Avatar make you windy and I tried to visit you as a non-coven member, I'd be turned away because of the winds pushing me away from the target house. Also, the message would be "As you walk to your targets home, you are pushed away by the strong winds!" instead of the current one.

And finally, Charged means you are attacked by a powerful attack if you visit someone that's a Conductor of electricity. If I become Charged and visit a Conductor, I'd die. If I don't visit a Conductor for 2 days, the Charged debuff is refunded and I instead become a Conductor, making me a dangerous target for anyone Charged.

Hope this helped.

Not bad, but I'm not sure how the currupted thing would work. There's no way to know who the next sender would be, so unless the messages swap AFTER the second message is sent, it wouldn't work. The new status effects may be a little complicated, but it's not too complicated for me.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Role Ideas