removed

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

removed

Postby Cookazoo2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:31 pm

removed as per request of Curtbot, creator of Town of Salem: Anticipation.
Last edited by Cookazoo2 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: The Corporate Expansion

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 pm

Wow that was a hand full to read. Honestly I could see this. It's a little complicated for my tastes, but with a little bit of practice, or if you already played Throne of Lies this expansion would be great. I especially like the Lawyer idea, I think it should just start a normal trial at the start of the day, instead of this new system. TBH this kind of inspired me to make my own expansion LOL. We'll see. I'm curious, how long did it take you to come up with all of this?
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby TheUltimateCake » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:28 am

This expansion seems nice, though it would be nice if it would work with Coven. However, Recruiter has the same problems of Vampire, BEING CONVERSION. Conversion will never be balanced in ToS, either make it impossible to roll in Random Corporate and make it impossible to roll in Corporate Support, or just remove it. While it only has 1 charge, it's 1 charge too many.
TheUltimateCake
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Cookazoo2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 am

TheUltimateCake wrote:This expansion seems nice, though it would be nice if it would work with Coven. However, Recruiter has the same problems of Vampire, BEING CONVERSION. Conversion will never be balanced in ToS, either make it impossible to roll in Random Corporate and make it impossible to roll in Corporate Support, or just remove it. While it only has 1 charge, it's 1 charge too many.

Thanks for your feedback!

I tried to make the Recruiter the Corporate equivalent of the Caporegime: a way for the Corporate to get a more useful member.

If I decide to keep it in here, I'll move it to the Corporate Unique alignment and put any other imbalanced roles there as a way to preserve them for certain role lists but still keep them out of Ranked.

I'll make this list work with Coven, my primary problems I was hitting were:
Investigator's results become too long if I add the Coven ones. I'll rebalance Investigator to accomodate for this change, but I also need to think about Classic and Coven before projecting further.

Another problem was "Should I add more roles for Coven?" I have a few concepts here and there, but I wanted to first get feedback on the Corporate/Town roles before I went further.

Some more clarifications are necessary as well:
  • Jailor's "Your ability failed because your target was in jail!" is changed to the Gatekept message from Security and Fortress to boost fakeclaims of those alignments.
  • After review, Human Resources should not be able to power up some roles (namely Recruiter and maybe Hacker.)
  • This one's more of a question, but "Do I make the Corporate Ranked roles CEO, Mercenary, Random Corporate, Random Corporate or do I make them CEO, Corporate Killing, Random Corporate, Random Corporate?" All three Corporate Killing roles are intended to be interchangable, and are counterparts to other roles:
    Mercenary to Vigilante, Security to Fortress/Veteran, and Arms Dealer to Poisoner/Ambusher.
  • I also need to review my explanation on how we convert roles into the Mercenary when no killing roles are present. For example, the Security can't kill without the assistance of another visiting Killing role, so does that work as a secondary kill or as the primary Corporate Killer? Another example is the Arms Dealer requiring a visiting player outside of the Corporate to function.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Cookazoo2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:Wow that was a hand full to read. Honestly I could see this. It's a little complicated for my tastes, but with a little bit of practice, or if you already played Throne of Lies this expansion would be great. I especially like the Lawyer idea, I think it should just start a normal trial at the start of the day, instead of this new system. TBH this kind of inspired me to make my own expansion LOL. We'll see. I'm curious, how long did it take you to come up with all of this?

Once I found the Anticipation discord server, it took me a few days to review the roles. I have a deck of all of my ideas and reworks for Town of Salem roles hand-written on notecards, and I saw the Corporate and thought, "Well, why not?" From there I took some of the roles (CEO, Mercenary, Security, Recruiter, and Salesman all originate from that list, CEO is the only one that's been copied verbatim) and re-inspired my own variations of them. For instance, the Mercenary in ToS:A grants defense to itself and its target if they're both evil, but attacks its target if it's an opposing faction. In my variant, I rewrote the Mercenary as a charge-up kill. Originally it was entirely dependent on the Human Resources to provide additional bullets as it was a 1-shot ability, but I then realized factions need a consistent kill or the ability to get one, so it instead became an increasingly-powerful role with combo potential with the Security and Human Resources.

Ex: Human Resources empowers the Security, granting it Basic defense and the ability to tell Corporate from others in its kills. The Mercenary then attacks the TP/LO claim and the Security gatekeeps the TP/LO claim. Now, the Security takes the hit, losing its Basic defense but counterattacking everyone who went on the TP/LO claim except the Mercenary. LO, BG, and Spy are all dead the next day.

It took some revising to fix up some roles from being broken to sort-of-OK. Due to the Recruiter's ability, I had to theme most information-gatherers around other info-gatherers (this can be seen in the Backgrounder being a Tracker rehash and the Telemarketer being like the Blackmailer with anonymous whispers. Besides, how fun would it be to troll the Jailor by Telemarketing to them?
From A Telemarketer: "Today's game is sponsored by RAID: Shadow Legends..."

All in all, it took about four weeks to get this to a point where I liked it, and then I posted this about a month later.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby picklepower » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Ok, make this a thing right now BMG
picklepower

Postby picklepower » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:41 pm

One issue I personally have with this (many people will disagree with me) is that I always thought TOS to take place long ago, the art shows it, the role stories show it, some roles show it ( Except the BG’s vest, like, the BG got a high grade bulletproof vest and the vigilante is using a freaking flintlock?) and I don’t know about hackers and cameras and stuff, just my personal opinion.
picklepower

Postby cob709 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Seems pretty good as another expansion for ToS.
Though, the process for implementing this would be lengthy.

First, it needs to be coded. Then, the balance needs to be tested.
Also, ToS would need a huge advertising campaign to get more players to fill the lobbies.

Unfortunately, the developers do not have the resources to make a new faction, as they still need to fix the balancing on Mafia.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Cookazoo2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:35 pm

I'm about to make adjustments for Coven, any more thoughts?

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Curtbot9000 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 am

You kinda just took our discords faction and posted it with tweaks absorbing 90% of credit, I recommend people check out or try the actual corporate.
Curtbot9000

Return to Role Ideas