The Gunslinger (Neutral Killing)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

How do you like this roll?

I like it and would like to see it added into ToS
61%
It could use some work/fixing to it to make it more suitable for the game (Explain in comments)
17%
I'm not sure (Explain uncertainty)
6%
I don't think it fits ToS's game-play (Explain why not?)
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: The Gunslinger (Neutral Killing)

Postby Mystoc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:02 pm

i like the role alot like its perfect you can wait to get roles and not kill but get basic defense to get info, this is such a good counter for jailor meta its good man

usauly i do not like NK who lose def on a condition but the condition is a fair one being completly wrong about the side

for the mark thing what about the option to just mark a person with no intention to kill so u can play safe and .5 kills and not lose def, like if you visit a person and choose not guess anything that would be fair i think give option to lose def or not but take away option for a kill if they arent marked yet

also is NE considered its own side or just evil like mafia and coven?

the only thing i dont like is t1 t2 is basically no difference at all the powerful attack will only ever matter vrs GF
i would add t3 advantage to t2 to give more incentive to guess alignment as well like the roleblock immunity as it stand theres little reason to use t2 over t1

edit: wait it seems to be like this already either i missed it or it was recently changed

also the name makes no sense it should be a name to do with investgation skills, or following a person closely like stalker or some evil invest sounding name

great job love role
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby scarfves » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 pm

Mystoc wrote:i like the role alot like its perfect you can wait to get roles and not kill but get basic defense to get info, this is such a good counter for jailor meta its good man

usauly i do not like NK who lose def on a condition but the condition is a fair one being completly wrong about the side

for the mark thing what about the option to just mark a person with no intention to kill so u can play safe and .5 kills and not lose def, like if you visit a person and choose not guess anything that would be fair i think give option to lose def or not but take away option for a kill if they arent marked yet

Thats not a bad idea, to use the opportunity of not choosing anything as a premature mark. I think I should change the flavour of "marked" to "loading a gun" and if you already loaded a gun by failing a condition check, it does the attack, but at the same time I don't know if thats properly necessary.

Mystoc wrote:also is NE considered its own side or just evil like mafia and coven?

Well it goes by Role type (T1), Alignment (T2), then Role (T3), meaning you can only select Neutral Evil or Coven Evil, not Evil, because then he can easily pick out hard hitting roles of Killing (TK, MK, or NK) or Support (TS, MS) since they both serve the same kind of threat to him, but in different resources and thus makes a difference that I felt like was a line in the sand.

Mystoc wrote:the only thing i dont like is t1 t2 is basically no difference at all the powerful attack will only ever matter vrs GF
i would add t3 advantage to t2 to give more incentive to guess alignment as well like the roleblock immunity as it stand theres little reason to use t2 over t1

edit: wait it seems to be like this already either i missed it or it was recently changed

The main idea for T2 and + was that it guaranteed a kill by stopping control and role block, but on second thought I feel that it should also stop their victim from being transported since the whole point is that a correct T2 guess killed the target of choice. I might also make it so that along with the attack, the defense scales aswell?.. but at the same time it really doesn't make sense for defense to scale like that.

Mystoc wrote:also the name makes no sense it should be a name to do with investgation skills, or following a person closely like stalker or some evil invest sounding name

Originally when I made this, it was going to be a hunter that gathers info on what role their victim is as to gain information on them and get a better attack due to a better understanding, but one of my best friends is a cowboy/outlaw fanatic so I made a gunslinger. YEEHAW!

Mystoc wrote:great job love role

thanks u
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MacReturned » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:50 pm

This is a buffed SK
Spoiler:
YOU CALL THIS RESISTING ARREST? WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 pm

MacReturned wrote:This is a buffed SK

It isn't, if you random guess it's worse than every other NK role but if you actually think and deduce it's stronger than an SK. It's not a buffed SK
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mystoc » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 am

It’s much weaker then sk early game but much stronger late game it also makes it so others don’t want reveal roles

This a great role to counter jailor meta and make it so town don’t want reveal their roles the fact it can never get more then 1 kpn is what makes it balanced
Mystoc
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby scarfves » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Mystoc wrote:

It’s much weaker then sk early game but much stronger late game it also makes it so others don’t want reveal roles

This a great role to counter jailor meta and make it so town don’t want reveal their roles the fact it can never get more then 1 kpn is what makes it balanced

Even though the Jailor meta is the most efficient and resulting meta, it's also too prevalent and hard-pressed into the game that almost every game follows the same lines and actions, and then its only a matter of luck for evils to win. The current NK buffs don't really do much to change the current meta, only just make it more difficult and even more-so for mafia/coven. The jailor meta needs a good counter to it without being a specific role-counter (ex. vampire hunter counters vampires) to ensure more fresh and unique games.
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby cob709 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:40 pm

how is the gunslinger gonna win if nobody claims their role?
RNG is bad
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:47 pm

cob709 wrote:how is the gunslinger gonna win if nobody claims their role?

How is Town gonna win if nobody claims their role?

Sounds like a mafia win to me. :P
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby cob709 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:48 pm

true
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby scarfves » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:36 pm

personally bumping since i returned to TOS after a 2 year break and this is my favourite role idea i made

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Previous

Return to Role Ideas