Scriptie (Mafia Support)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Scriptie (Mafia Support)

Postby SeaSwifty » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:21 am

I remember this role from watching videos on mindnight which is also a social deduction game. They are hidden from the hackers (hacker = mafia) while being hacker themself. they have to find out who the other hackers are to get the optimal outcome. I believe this would be a great role for TOS since there has been nothing like it before. I'm not the best at coming up with ideas, so please feel free to leave any feedback :)

It kind of replaces consigliere too in my opinion.

Scriptie

Alignment -
Mafia Support

Abilities -
- Look at one person's will each night.

Attributes -
- The mafia will not know you are a part of the mafia.
- Figure out who is part of the Mafia and click on their name at night to become visible to the rest of the mafia.
- You have 2 attempts at finding the Mafia.

Special Attributes -
- You can only talk to the Mafia when you have found them.
- If there are no (Mafia Killing) roles left, you will be promoted to Mafioso. (only if you discovered them)
- If there is no more Mafia left and you still haven't found them, you will become Jester.

UI -
- Before you find the Mafia, you will be able to click 2 buttons. one for looking at someone's will at night and the other for choosing someone who you might think is part of the Mafia.

Investigative results-
Investigator: Your target could be a Investigator, Scriptie or Mayor!
Sheriff: Your target is a member of the Mafia!
Witchliere: Your target seizes wills without permission, they must be a Scriptie!

I can see this work somehow, I'm not very good with details and I will accept any feedback. It probably needs some changes too!
SeaSwifty

Re: Scriptie (Mafia Support)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:52 am

This is a small change from the FM Traitor, I'll give proper feedback when tomorrow when I have energy :)
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Malphas » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:04 am

I think it's an okay idea, but in the case of not finding the rest of the mafia (and do you need to find only one member or all) you should not become a Jester, because some people would do it on purpose, but a Survivor (it's an added reason to find the Mafia, because let's be honest, nobody like to be a Survivor) with one or two vests.

And I could be wrong but doesn't the Forger look into the wills he forges, again I'm not sure about this as I havn't ever played a Forger.
Malphas

Postby NefariousDjinn » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:13 pm

There is an immediate issue that I have with this role and that is that it takes a Mafia slot from the mafia to give them a role that can't actually do anything. So say you have you three mafia in your game.. you only have 2 mafia when this is in the mafia. And when it does join the mafia it has no function in the mafia as a role.

It is interesting conceptually basically an amnesiac that has to find their faction. But it hamstrings the mafia and doesn't serve a function in the mafia itself.

Why is this Mafia Deception? That is a category for a role that works to mislead town, this role doesn't fit into that conceptually.

Overall, while the idea is at least interesting enough, the application you've chosen isn't great. Perhaps a neutral role with a similar idea. There was an idea I think for a contractor that I think is similar that I could see working with this idea.
NefariousDjinn
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Role Ideas