Disguiser buff/change

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Disguiser buff/change

Postby Abelisk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:48 am

In its current state, the Disguiser suffers from niche mechanics that involve dying to make the biggest impact. Sometimes, this impact doesn't go through when the target is, say, a unique, confirmable role.

One buff I would like to propose is for Disguiser to be able to obtain the will of its target the following day (this will exists to the right of YOUR personal will, similar to the Sun Icon for Mayors, Jailors..). You can play around with the will and improvise if needed, this can really trick town. The key is nailing the final night upon the death of this Disguiser, since the Disg wouldn't receive its target's will before dying (in other words, there is counterplay).

Besides that, I have another buff: make the target of the Disguiser last permanently until the Disg chooses a new target. This could help the Disguiser retain their role claim after they were jailed or even roleblocked, which I think would be healthy for it, helping bring up its odds of success. If you want the will of your target you would need to constantly visit them every night, however, unless the target is reading off their wills daily.

That about sums up my thoughts.
Abelisk
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Disguiser buff/change

Postby BlastingOff » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:51 am

This kind of encourages players to keep their wills in 3rd party services like a Notepad so the Disguiser can't copy them and figure out their role (I could write "[X] the [Y]" and the Disguiser would know my role, akin to a Consig, but it encourages the use of 3rd party services to keep track of what you are doing) and regardless the Disguiser needs more a rework than a buff or two.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Re: Disguiser buff/change

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:51 pm

BlastingOff wrote:This kind of encourages players to keep their wills in 3rd party services like a Notepad so the Disguiser can't copy them and figure out their role (I could write "[X] the [Y]" and the Disguiser would know my role, akin to a Consig, but it encourages the use of 3rd party services to keep track of what you are doing) and regardless the Disguiser needs more a rework than a buff or two.

If you keep your will in a 3rd-party service, then it doesn't show up when you die, meaning the Town loses all that information. Not worth it just to thwart a Disguiser.

Hence, while this change would scare some townies into not having wills, mostly it would serve to give the Disguiser the powers of the Consig.
(Except for the part where they find the NE or NK, which might have a purely townie will with no evidence of evil.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Role Ideas