Kleptomaniac

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Kleptomaniac

Postby katagma » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:36 pm

I recently found out that I had posted this role idea a longgggg time ago and thought I would revamp it a little bit.

Name: Kleptomaniac

Alignment: NeutralEvil

Abilities: Choose to take a players ability and use it on yourself.

Attributes:
* You may only take abilities and steal them.
* You cannot take someone's ability when they are in jail.
* If you steal something from a killing role, they will kill you. This only applies to veterans, mafiosos, vigilantes, jailors and serial killers. (optional or conversely, nothing happens)
* You may only steal things four times. (or instead you can only steal from a player once)

Special Attributes:
* You are able to steal bulletproof vests from a survivor. Nothing happens if they don't have any vests
* If you steal something from a bodyguard, you will get their bulletproof vest.
* If you steal something from an amnesiac, nothing will happen.
* If you steal something from a kleptomaniac, you will get nothing.
* If you steal something from a transporter, you will swap locations with them.
* If you steal something from a doctor, they will heal you.
* If you steal something from a disguiser, you will disguise as a random role and they will be unable to disguise that night.
* If you steal something from an Arsonist, you will be able to become undoused.
* If you steal something from a consigliere, sheriff, or an investigator, they will be forced to investigate you. They will not be notified.
* If you steal something from a janitor, nothing happens.
* If you steal something from a medium, they are unable to talk to the dead the next night.
* If you steal something from a Framer, all the mafia members for that night will appear as not suspicious.
* If you steal something from a forger, nothing happens.
* If you steal from a lookout, they watch over you for the night.
* If you steal from a tracker, nothing happens.
* If you steal from a psychic, you receive their vision.
* You are bite immune.

Goal: Survive to see the town lose the game. If you die after that, you still win.

Win Conditions:
Must Kill The Town
Wins with The mafia
Wins with Survivors
Wins with Witches
Wins with Serial Killers
Wins with Werewolves
Wins with Arsonists
Wins with Vampires
Investigative Results:
Investigator- Your target keeps to themselves. The must be a Survivor, a witch, a Vampire Hunter, or a Kleptomaniac

Sheriff-Your target is not suspicious

Consigliere and witch- Your target has a passion for stealing things. They must be a kleptomaniac.

Additional Information:
Message you get when a kleptomaniac has stolen something from you- Someone has decided to steal something from you. You were forced to give it to them.
Message you get if you're an investigative role that has been manipulated to invesitgate the kleptomaniac- (kleptomaniac investigative results)
I play as Daisy! Feel free to say hi Other names I use are Animal Crossing, Sick Puppies, Check Yes Juliet, Bjela Rada, and Eternal

My favourite roles: Doctor, Consigliere, Pestilence, and Lookout
Least favourite roles: Sheriff, Disguiser, Framer, Forger, Arsonist, and Survivor
katagma
Jester
Jester

Re: Kleptomaniac

Postby 601birds » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:27 am

Not bad! It feels balanced and decently hard, but interesting enough that people might want to play it. My only criticism at the minute is that it's real complicated. I'd like to see a little more consistency in what happens. At the moment there's a mixture of "they're forced to target you" and "you roleblock them with added effects". I'd suggest you pick one option and apply it to all roles.

Stealing night actions seems more like stealing results rather than actively copying someone's action. E.g., stealing from any TI could provide you with their results, rather than forcing their result to be you. If you stole from a vigi the night vigi's due to suicide, you're the one who kills yourself. If you steal from someone who is transported, you get transported instead of them. That kind of thing. Following the same rules as what a hypnotist can do, or potentially doing more: if it comes up as a night message, you can steal it. Investigative results, protections, transports, controls, roleblocks*, and of course - kills. Priority could be given to a kill, or it could be random. No fear of stealing douses, since it's no message - but you could steal the self-cleaning action.

(*For roleblocks I'm thinking nothing would happen to the kleptomaniac, but of course the flipside is that the intended target doesn't get roleblocked - an interesting power!)

Alternatively, the kleptomaniac changes the target to herself, like a half-witch. This means all killing roles target you - killing, dousing, plague infection. Roles without a night action, nothing happens. Maybe this one is a little closer to its intended behaviour.

I think the roles that are traditionally rb immune should be immune to this, too. It takes out the complications of stealing from a transporter, witch, pirate...

Would dying on the same night the last town dies count as a win or a loss for this role?
601birds
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DestructionII » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:30 am

This is a nerfed Witch/CL.

/nosupport
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby katagma » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:28 pm

DestructionII wrote:This is a nerfed Witch/CL.

/nosupport

The thing that makes this role different is that this role does not have to survive until the end of the game unlike the witch. However, while I was creating the role, I did notice how it can be mistaken for a witch. I plan on changing it so that it's kind of like the pirate where they select someone during the day and depending on how they perform in the minigame, they get to keep the item. However, this doesn't roleblock someone.
I play as Daisy! Feel free to say hi Other names I use are Animal Crossing, Sick Puppies, Check Yes Juliet, Bjela Rada, and Eternal

Least favourite roles: Sheriff, Disguiser, Framer, Forger, Arsonist, and Survivor
katagma
Jester
Jester

Postby katagma » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:32 am

601birds wrote:Not bad! It feels balanced and decently hard, but interesting enough that people might want to play it. My only criticism at the minute is that it's real complicated. I'd like to see a little more consistency in what happens. At the moment there's a mixture of "they're forced to target you" and "you roleblock them with added effects". I'd suggest you pick one option and apply it to all roles.

Stealing night actions seems more like stealing results rather than actively copying someone's action. E.g., stealing from any TI could provide you with their results, rather than forcing their result to be you. If you stole from a vigi the night vigi's due to suicide, you're the one who kills yourself. If you steal from someone who is transported, you get transported instead of them. That kind of thing. Following the same rules as what a hypnotist can do, or potentially doing more: if it comes up as a night message, you can steal it. Investigative results, protections, transports, controls, roleblocks*, and of course - kills. Priority could be given to a kill, or it could be random. No fear of stealing douses, since it's no message - but you could steal the self-cleaning action.

(*For roleblocks I'm thinking nothing would happen to the kleptomaniac, but of course the flipside is that the intended target doesn't get roleblocked - an interesting power!)

Alternatively, the kleptomaniac changes the target to herself, like a half-witch. This means all killing roles target you - killing, dousing, plague infection. Roles without a night action, nothing happens. Maybe this one is a little closer to its intended behaviour.

I think the roles that are traditionally rb immune should be immune to this, too. It takes out the complications of stealing from a transporter, witch, pirate...

Would dying on the same night the last town dies count as a win or a loss for this role?

I'm thinking that this role steals things and kind of acts like a roleblock; if it targets a serial killer, it steals the knife for one night. If it steals from a vigilante, it gets one of the bullets. I'm thinking that the role has to steal three things to win.

katagma
Jester
Jester

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:32 pm

katagma wrote:I'm thinking that this role steals things and kind of acts like a roleblock; if it targets a serial killer, it steals the knife for one night. If it steals from a vigilante, it gets one of the bullets. I'm thinking that the role has to steal three things to win.

If there goal was to steal three things, they would almost always win Day 3 every game unless killed early, unless I am reading it wrong. Anyway, even if that was the case they would have to be a Neutral Chaos rather than Neutral Evil. Having them need to survive to watch town lose is probably where their goal should lie unless they gain an odd goal like Jester or Executioner where you can win at any time with some skill (or luck) involved.

Pirate has a 3 plunder goal because it is somewhat hard to get unless you're an extremely lucky person (or follow some sort of meta like kill likely AFK players). If I am wrong, let me know and I apologize if this is what you consider a necro bump.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas