Faction: Risk Takers

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Are these roles over-powdered?

Yes
No votes
Yes, there should only be one allowed each game, not two.
No votes
Yes, there should only be one allowed each game, not two, and they shouldn't be a faction but rather, each of them is its own neutral killing, neutral evil, or neutral chaos
No votes
This is without a doubt, the most over-powdered thing I've ever seen, and I would love to play as it!!
14%
No
71%
No, there should be at least 3 allowed in each game.
14%

Total votes : 7

Faction: Risk Takers

Postby number2345432 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Okay, I tried to make this as least confusing as possible. If anyone feels that I should put each role in a more formal format, then I will. I read before that BGM doesn't really like randomized roles, however that is what this whole faction is made of. I can't imagine any of these roles being used in normal gameplay, but maybe a set gamemode that doesn't allow any neutral killing roles, mafia, or coven. And of course custom mode would make sense. More Notes at the bottom if you want :D
All decisions as to which of the one, two, or three people gets each outcome is completely random and not controlled by the player.

RISK TAKERS(faction)

Wins with Survivors and Risk Takers only. Must kill all others.
Maximum of two Risk Takers in one game.

ROLES:

Risk Taker(leader): No defense, Basic attack. Roleblock immunity.(Unique Role)
- Each odd night chooses 3 people:
- One is dealt basic attack(visited)
- One is roleblocked(visited)
- The other if left alone(not visited at all)

Silent Killer: No defense, Powerful attack (isn't unique Role)
- Each oddnight chooses 1 person
- 50% chance they are dealt powerful attack(doesn't show up as visit)
- 50% chance nothing happens to them(doesn't show up as a visit)
- Can't choose self

Reviver: (Unique Role)
- Any night chooses 2 dead people(Can only do this once in the game)(they can be any role)
- One person is revived/resurrected
- Nothing happens to the other dead person

Protector: Basic attack, No defense (Unique Role)
- Can choose yourself(but you might kill yourself)
- Every even(full moon) night chooses 2 players
- One of those players is given basic defense for that night
- The other is dealt basic attack

Bomber: Attack: None, Defense: None (Unique Role)
- Chooses one person during each day to plant a bomb in their house
- If they are visited by anyone except the people who visit them are dealt a powerful attack
- If they are not visited by anyone the bomb goes away and no one is killed
- It's not possible to kill the person the bomb is planted on

Suicidier: Attack: Unstoppable, Defense: None(isn't unique role)
- Chooses 3 other people each odd night except themselves
- One of the 4 people,will be dealt an unstoppable attack
-*If the Suicidier is killed by themself they win the game*
- The suicidier also wins if the other Risk Takers win

Sheriff: suspicious
Investigator: Your Target is a Risk taker, but won't say which type.
Witch: It will say the Risk Taker's exact role

NOTES:
This is OP but you can only have 2 risk takers in 1 game.
If there is no Risk Taker(leader) then one other Risk taker will randomly be given the Roleblock Immunity
If the person will Roleblock immunity is killed then another Risk Taker is given the RoleBlock Immunity and told they have it.
There is a nighttime chat between risk takers. They will only know the others role though in chat, not their name, however they could easily say who they are if they wanted to.

If there is not enough people to choose each night, then each person in the game(including the Risk Taker themself ) is chosen ad they each have an equal chance:
ex) if the Risk Taker(leader) is against 2 or less people then the Risk Taker, and both of those people each have a 33% chance of being dealt basic attack, 33% chance of being roleblocked(still wouldn't work against Risk Taker Leader though), and a 33% chance of nothing happening.
ex) If the Silent Killer is against 1 other person and they choose that person at night, then the Silent Killer has a 50% chance and killing themselves and a 50% chance of killing the other person.
*With less people however these chances are unrelated, meaning that multiple people(everyone left) could die in one night.*
number2345432
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Faction: Risk Takers

Postby danihaley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:53 am

This is SO COOL!

The fact that each role revolves around selecting multiple players and then leaving the rest up to chance, I think that's extremely creative, and I would really enjoy playing it.

Like you said, I'm not sure where they would throw in these roles. I would personally think it'd be cool if there was a "Risk Taker" mode in the game where these roles would be accessible. I'd also love to see them in All Any, but other than that, I'm not sure where else they'd fit. I don't really think they're overpowered; just very complicated, and I think they'd need their own game mode in order to not make the game extremely confusing. I'd think it'd need its own game mode or even its own expansion!

Each individual role:
- I like how the Risk Taker only deals damage on odd nights; otherwise, it would be overpowered. I would also try to change the name of this so it doesn't get confused with the faction. Maybe change it to Risk Leader or something?
- I would have said the Silent Killer was underpowered due to only being able to attack every other night (essentially meaning there's only a 1/4 chance someone dies to the Silent Killer every 2 nights?), but the fact that it's not unique helps a lot. What if it was randomized whether the Silent Killer could attack on only even nights or only odd nights? I'd think this would be useful because Risk Taker and Protector are both unique, but there could be multiple Silent Killers. If paired with any other role with a set attacking scheme, I think it'd be useful for the Silent Killer to not have a set attacking scheme if that makes sense.
- Reviver is cool. Considering there's only one other Risk Taker, that makes it a 50/50 that a Risk Taker that has died could be revived, which is much less OP than the typical Retributionist. However, if reviving an evil role, wouldn't everyone just kill the evil role again after they were revived?
- I really like the Protector. Paired with Risk Taker or Silent Killer, it'd be really efficient.
- So with the Bomber, does everyone who visits the bombed target get attacked? This kind of seems equivalent to a Werewolf in a way. I think it'd be better if the bombings were every other night, personally, unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.
- Suicider is really cool! But what happens if there are less than 4 people in the game? Do they then become unable to use their night abilities? It'd really suck for them if they were the only Risk Taker left at that point. Maybe, then, this one would be better if they only had a set amount of times to be able to use their night ability, like 3 times per game?

One thing I'd suggest changing is the Investigator results. Like a Juggernaut, this is essentially saying that if an investigator checks you, they'll automatically know you're evil; so, basically, if an investigator checks you, you're screwed no matter what you'd fake claim.

I think it'd be easy to make investigator results for each of these. Say that Risk Takers is its own expansion entirely with only town and NK roles to combat it:
Risk Taker: Your target could be a Vigilante, Veteran, or Risk Taker.
Silent Killer: Your target could be a Bodyguard, Silent Killer, or Arsonist.
Reviver: Your target could be a Medium, Reviver, or Retributionist.
Protector: Your target could be a Doctor, Protector, or Serial Killer.
Bomber: Your target could be a Lookout, Bomber, or Witch.
Suicider: Your target could be an Investigator, Suicider, or Mayor.
(I wasn't too sure about the last two. But those are just ideas! ;D)

Overall, this faction would be A LOT of fun to play with!!! Great job with creating all of this. It's so creative and intricately thought through!

3 Highest Town Role Winrates:
Doctor (98), Jailor (98), Spy (87)

3 Highest Mafia Role Winrates:
Mafioso (60), Godfather (45), Janitor (22)

3 Highest Neutral Role Winrates:
Jester (36), Witch (28), Executioner (22)

danihaley
Witch
Witch

Postby number2345432 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:20 am

OMG. Someone finally responded nicely to one of my roles AND actually liked it!! Thank you so much. We need more people people on this forum like you, instead of people who just sya your idea is bad and put a link to their ideas in the comment.
I also greatly appreciate you giving me investigator results. I am never any good at those.
To answer your questions:
- Yeah I think Risk taker(the role name) should be changed to Risk Leader or perhaps something else
- I definitely agree with multiple silent killers, but if there are 2 one is randomly assigned to even nights, and the other odd nights
- With the Reviver, maybe the person revived can't be hanged the day the come back, so they aren't immediately killed and can do at least 1 night action.
- Yeah, I agree with your idea for the bomber that every other night, but odd nights would be better so its different from werewolf. Then everyone who is visited by that person will be killed, but still not the person who has been chosen during the day.
- With the suicider, I think it would only be fair to them, that once there are less then 4 people, everyone is chosen to be possibly attacked, however, instead of unstoppable attack, the randomly chosen person is dealt basic attack
- Like previously stated for the rest of the risk takers, if less then their required # of people to be chosen, each person will have an even chance of being attacked, roleblocked, etc., meaning that multuiple people could die by a single risk taker at the end of the game. However I can't decide whether or not, the risk taker should be able to randomly kill themselves, or they are not included(unless of course a suicider).

I am very pleased that you liked this faction of roles and responded the first time. I don't see a need to respond to this reply, but am delighted that you have read it. If you have any more questions, you are welcome to repsond to this/message me.

Thank you: danihaley
number2345432
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby DestructionII » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:50 pm

No. RNG roles (Silent Killer, Suicider, Protector) are extremely horrible, as they are based on luck rather than skill. As for Reviver:
Roles Not To Make:
Necromancer - An evil Retributionist that can revive a dead teammate

Additionally, if multiple Risk Takers exist in the game, that will drastically increase the game's KPN due to Mafia, NK's, TK's, Coven, and Risk Takers. Plus, the game does not need anymore factions.
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Role Ideas