Anubis (Mindgame Neutral Chaos)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Anubis (Mindgame Neutral Chaos)

Postby scarfves » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:15 am

Anubis

Summary: You are a set of supernatural trials that are aimed to test the greed and the avarice of anyone.

Stats:
Attack: Unstoppable
Defense: Basic
Priority: 5 (Attacking)
Roleblock Immune
Control Immune
Unique

Alignment: Neutral Chaos

Goal: Maledict 2 victims.

Abilities: During the day, choose someone as your first target, then choose three people - one of your choice being Trapped, the other 2 not - as your second targets. Once night falls, begin the Trial with you and your first target.

Trial System:
- You cannot select the first target or a revealed Mayor to be a second target.
- You and your first target are brought to a one-to-one session akin to the Jailor or Pirate. Similarly, your first target is also Super-Roleblocked.
- Your Trials take precedence and overrule a Pirate's day target but not the Jailor.
- You and your first target can communicate to each other during this period. You are referred to as ANUBIS in this chat and forcibly speak all caps when you say anything.
- No one else can visit your first target, similar to being jailed.
- Your first target is given a User Interface informing them that they may choose any of the 3 targets you selected to reveal, but will die if they select the Trapped target.
- You may see who your first target selects during the Trial at all times.
- If your first target picks a non-Trapped second target, you will reveal your second target's exact role to your first target and you Roleblock the second target, this is a direct visit. It ignores frames, douses, and hexes.
- If your first target picks the Trapped second target, you will deal a Astral Unstoppable Attack to the first target and Maledict them. Doing this twice in one game is your goal.
- If your first target is a Werewolf or Serial Killer not on Cautious mode who survives, or is the Pestilence, they will counterattack (the Serial Killer and any other Basic Attack counterattacker will pierce your Basic Defence exclusively for this)
- If your first target makes no selection, you kill and Maledict them.

Attributes:
- You may not Trial the same person twice in a row.
- You Clean anyone you kill. They show up as (Anathemd) in the graveyard, and their role plus will cannot be discovered by a Janitor or you.

Win Conditions:
- Wins with: Town
- Wins with: Mafia
- Wins with: Witch
- Wins with: Coven
- Wins with: Survivor
- Wins with: Arsonist
- Wins with: Serial Killer
- Wins with: Vampire
- Wins with: Werewolf
- Wins with: Plaguebearer
- Wins with: Pestilence
- Wins with: Juggernaut
- Wins with: Guardian Angel
- Wins with: Pirate

Investigative Results:
- Sheriff: You cannot find evidence of wrongdoing. Your target is innocent or great at hiding secrets!
- Investigator: Your target keeps to themselves. They must be a Survivor, Vampire Hunter, Amnesiac, Medusa, Psychic, or Anubis.
- Consigilere: Your target pushes people's morality to their limits. They must be a Anubis.

The Anubis is what I'd imagine a better Pirate to be. You choose a person, they have 3 guesses of your choosing to reveal their role, and the game of wits begins there. As an Anubis, you'll need to be able to read your opponents and predict how you can lead them into certain death. Will curiosity get the better of someone who'd like to know if someone suspicious is worth investigating with perfect accuracy? Or will they go for the second best option, anticipating that you've trapped the best person. Additionally, the ability to communicate with them whilst they're playing this mindgame allows you to be a reverse Jailor, inwhich you can bargain or manipulate them into executing themselves. You're playing a very dangerous game in this cp_egypt based town, and if you want to survive, you must pass with integrity, honor, and morality, one from a heart of good and not one predicted by chaos. ENTER THE TOMB AND SOLVE MY RIDDLES; IF YOU DARE . . .

Achievements:
  • Ankh-Shay!: Win 1 game as a Anubis.
  • Dallas!: Win 5 games as a Anubis.
  • Tomb of the Boom: Win 10 games as a Anubis.
  • Walk like an Egyptian: Win 25 games as a Anubis
  • Curse of Knowledge: Maledict a Town Investigative.
  • Here kitty, kitty: Maledict a Werewolf.
  • Undying Soldier: Maledict two players in a row without fail.
  • Old Fart: Maledict five players in a single game.
  • Sugar Mountain: Maledict ten players. (Does not have to be a single game)

CHANGELOG:
THE PHARAOH HAS SPOKEN. 2022-11-28
  • Ability Change: During a day that will precede a Full Moon night During the day (of any night).
  • Trial System Change: Anyone is eligible for being selected as one of the second targets, including yourself and/or your first target You cannot select the first target or a revealed Mayor to be a second target.
  • Trial System Change: Your Trials take precedence and overrule a Jailor or Pirate's day target Your Trials take precedence and overrule a Pirate's day target but not the Jailor unless you Trial him and he doesn't decide to jail you.
  • Trial System Change: You will deal a Direct Powerful Attack to the second target and Clean them You will reveal your second target's exact role to your first target and you Roleblock the second target, this is a direct visit. It ignores frames, douses, and hexes.
  • Attributes Change: Removed Atathemd resurrection mechanics. You no longer Clean anyone who passed the trial, you now Clean those who failed it.
  • Attributes Removal: When there are no eligible targets left to select for a Trial, you NO LONGER commit suicide at night, akin to the Vigilante.
  • Attributes Change: You may not Trial the same person twice in one game You may not Trial the same person twice in a row.

In the comments, thoughts?
Last edited by scarfves on Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Anubis (Mindgame Neutral Chaos)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:16 am

What is the purpose of the full-caps, surely it's to force-remove any small typing mannerisms? They should do that on their own.
What's the purpose of the cleaning, is it just for the mass-revival?
What's the purpose of having a hard one-time trial limit per person, the suicide mechanic just seems super awkward for this type of role.

The mass revival seems overly trashy of a mechanic, especially if those cleaned can speak to Mediums.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby LordDrakyle » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:47 am

What happens if the first chosen target doesn't pick anyone?
LordDrakyle
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby scarfves » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:35 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:What is the purpose of the full-caps, surely it's to force-remove any small typing mannerisms? They should do that on their own.

I just thought it would be funny and to avoid the chat limit of speaking in all caps, that's all. "ANUBIS: CHOOSE WISELY OH CONQUEROR OF JUSTICE!" is kinda funny
JacksonVirgo wrote:What's the purpose of the cleaning, is it just for the mass-revival?

Yeah, the cleaning is for the mass revival, however I think maybe I should rework it instead of killing a non-Trapped target to something else that's also almost as valuable.
JacksonVirgo wrote:What's the purpose of having a hard one-time trial limit per person, the suicide mechanic just seems super awkward for this type of role.

I just thought it would be annoying to be Trialed and thus Roleblocked numerous times. The suicide mechanic is there just so the Anubis doesn't just sit around being alive when he can't do anything.

JacksonVirgo wrote:The mass revival seems overly trashy of a mechanic, especially if those cleaned can speak to Mediums.

Noted. Thank you very much for the valuable questions and feedback!
Last edited by scarfves on Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby scarfves » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:36 am

LordDrakyle wrote:What happens if the first chosen target doesn't pick anyone?

The first target dies. I'll later edit the post so it's clarified

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:56 pm

Do we really need another pirate?
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:14 pm

I suggest this be added as a change for Pirate instead of being a completely new role. I really like the idea of having a night chat - this game is centered around the chat, and Town of Salem is all about manipulation and mindgaming.

The question is, can the Anubis' target still see their normal chat? Ex: Mafia/Coven/Vampire chat.

The Anubis shouldn't override the Jailor. That priority gives too much power to a neutral role who is likely to target a lot of town.
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby scarfves » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:23 am

cheeseandtomatos wrote:I suggest this be added as a change for Pirate instead of being a completely new role. I really like the idea of having a night chat - this game is centered around the chat, and Town of Salem is all about manipulation and mindgaming.

The question is, can the Anubis' target still see their normal chat? Ex: Mafia/Coven/Vampire chat.

The Anubis shouldn't override the Jailor. That priority gives too much power to a neutral role who is likely to target a lot of town.

I made this based off the Pirate and it shows, but I'd find it hard to aesthetically change the Trial system so it makes sense why non-trapped targets will be killed but the trapped target will cause the tested person to die.

Also yes, the target of an Anubis trial can still see their normal chat, akin to the current system with the Jailor.

Lastly I'll take what you said about overriding the jailor into account when I think there are enough changes needed to justify making a massive balance change to the post.

Thank you very much for the comments and feedback!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am

scarfves wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:What is the purpose of the full-caps, surely it's to force-remove any small typing mannerisms? They should do that on their own.

I just thought it would be funny and to avoid the chat limit of speaking in all caps, that's all. "ANUBIS: CHOOSE WISELY OH CONQUEROR OF JUSTICE!" is kinda funny
JacksonVirgo wrote:What's the purpose of the cleaning, is it just for the mass-revival?

Yeah, the cleaning is for the mass revival, however I think maybe I should rework it instead of killing a non-Trapped target to something else that's also almost as valuable.
JacksonVirgo wrote:What's the purpose of having a hard one-time trial limit per person, the suicide mechanic just seems super awkward for this type of role.

I just thought it would be annoying to be Trialed and thus Roleblocked numerous times. The suicide mechanic is there just so the Anubis doesn't just sit around being alive when he can't do anything.

JacksonVirgo wrote:The mass revival seems overly trashy of a mechanic, especially if those cleaned can speak to Mediums.

1. Bruh lmao

2. The revival mechanic seems like a gimmick rather than a solid addition to this role.

3. Just makes it a target to be focused hard. Probably make it not be able to target them twice in a row as an alternative.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby scarfves » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:05 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:
scarfves wrote:

1. Bruh lmao

2. The revival mechanic seems like a gimmick rather than a solid addition to this role.

3. Just makes it a target to be focused hard. Probably make it not be able to target them twice in a row as an alternative.

I originally added the revival as the mass amount of Powerful kills Anubis can achieve just for existing compared to other NC roles would be really freaking strong. I realize now that the revival mechanic conflicts with itself since when you are trialed, you'd want to abuse Anubis as much as possible, so having your kills reset doesn't mean much. I'll rework him rn

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby scarfves » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:26 pm

THE PHARAOH HAS SPOKEN. 2022-11-28
  • Ability Change: During a day that will precede a Full Moon night During the day (of any night).
  • Trial System Change: Anyone is eligible for being selected as one of the second targets, including yourself and/or your first target You cannot select the first target or a revealed Mayor to be a second target.
  • Trial System Change: Your Trials take precedence and overrule a Jailor or Pirate's day target Your Trials take precedence and overrule a Pirate's day target but not the Jailor unless you Trial him and he doesn't decide to jail you.
  • Trial System Change: You will deal a Direct Powerful Attack to the second target and Clean them You will reveal your second target's exact role to your first target and you Roleblock the second target, this is a direct visit. It ignores frames, douses, and hexes.
  • Attributes Change: Removed Atathemd resurrection mechanics. You no longer Clean anyone who passed the trial, you now Clean those who failed it.
  • Attributes Removal: When there are no eligible targets left to select for a Trial, you NO LONGER commit suicide at night, akin to the Vigilante.
  • Attributes Change: You may not Trial the same person twice in one game You may not Trial the same person twice in a row.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby JacksonVirgo » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:00 am

What's the point of cleaning when the revival aspect is removed.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby scarfves » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:What's the point of cleaning when the revival aspect is removed.

That's just part of the punishment now rather than a utility for the now-removed revival. It just calls back to THE ANCIENT EGYPTIAN CANON LORE AU.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby scarfves » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:55 am

Added achievements cause that always makes a role funky, y'know?

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Role Ideas