Jinx (Coven Evil)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Jinx (Coven Evil)

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:52 am

Jinx - Coven (Evil)
Summary: You are a misfortunate fiend who studies Salem's tracks with the dark arts.

Attack: Basic
Defense: None
Unique: Yes
Priority: 3/4?

Abilities:
    - You may wait at someone's house at night, learning who visits them and who they visit.

Attributes:
    - Any player that visits your target will be Jinxed.
    - When you visited a Jinxed player, you will attack them.
    - With the Necronomicon, you will deliver a Basic Attack to your target.
Spoiler: Tooltip - Jinxed: "Jinxes wear off when a Jinxed player is attacked. Players will not learn they were Jinxed.

Investigative Results:
Sheriff: Suspicious (Innocent with Necronomicon)
Investigator: Your target could be a Lookout, Forger, Jinx, or Juggernaut.
Consigliere: Your target claws at revenge with a series of curses. They must be the Jinx.

Mechanics:
    - If you visit a Jinxed player while another player visits your target, the visitor(s) will not be Jinxed the next night.
    - A Disguiser can throw off your results.
    - The Coven Leader will be moved to the Investigator result, given that it can claim both Investigator and Tracker.
Lore:
Spoiler: A man in his cloak began walking the fair streets, the rain slowly dripping down his face. The Investigator prayed that he could find his long lost niece, maybe this would distract him from the pain caused by his late mother. She begged for him to never reveal his identity as to not get the two of them hunted by demons or witches. That was until the day changed in his favor, the bleak clouds covering the sun as he looked to the note from under the nearly rotten wooden door; he couldn't believe what he saw, a message to see somebody in the cave that the Town refused to investigate. If he were to be killed there, he would simply vanish. Without reuniting with his niece he was nothing, and it wouldn't matter if he died. That was the best case scenario besides finding the relative his life was dedicated to finding.
On the other side of the cave, a turquoise fire was lit onto four torches, a young woman constrained in chains as she bled from her torso. She was kept alive only by the merciful magic of the woman that lived in here. The girl wanted to die, but something was keeping her from doing so. A strange woman glanced downwards at the nearly-dead girl, longing to see her suffer. Simply turning to her side, she watched as footsteps rushed down into the cave; a terrible and wicked smile formed across her face as she placed herself in front of the bigger entrance. The Investigator ran in, suddenly feeling his airways constricted and burns forming on his wrists. After he realized a spiritual chain forming around his legs and forcing him to be still, he knew wasn't escaping now.
"Behold... I have your heart's desire!" She snapped her fingers, causing the roof of the cave to become engulfed of blue flames. The burning glows revealed a totem of a satanic cat that featured two tails, with the word "JINXED" painted on its belly. Standing atop the totem over the Investigator, the woman performs a simple twist of the hand, disclosing the weakened body of the Consigliere. The woman now held a book in her hands, incanting verses of curses from the tome. Before it was too late, he fumbled towards the Consigliere, burning his neck even further to the point where his eyes were bloodshot, falling near the side of the girl.
"I'm sorry, Uncle," the Consigliere uttered to the droopy detective. A loud shout from the Investigator was revealed, but was immediately cut off by the demonic woman. "WAIT!"
"Jigoku de yaku." As soon as the book was closed, the essence faded from both their eyes, causing both the Investigator and the Consigliere to fall limp. The Jinx dimmed the cave as she exited quietly, satisfied with her work.

Thank you to VampireAcolyte for writing most of this lore! I mainly revised it but they did a lot.

This was heavily inspired by Soulshade55r's Inquisitor role, check it out! Inquisitor
Last edited by WaveAqualei on Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Jinx (Coven Evil)

Postby MR60G0LD » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:08 am

The role is actually quite good however I am a bit confused on the part where you attack them if they visit the same target as you.

Does that mean you have to get lucky and visit the exact same person, or what if the person you jinxed can't visit someone? (e.g. having the role of medium)

Aside from that I don't really see anything bad about this role, nice job
MR60G0LD
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:16 am

MR60G0LD wrote:The role is actually quite good however I am a bit confused on the part where you attack them if they visit the same target as you.

Does that mean you have to get lucky and visit the exact same person, or what if the person you jinxed can't visit someone? (e.g. having the role of medium)

I think you are suposed to predit who are jinxed people visiting
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:40 pm

MR60G0LD wrote:The role is actually quite good however I am a bit confused on the part where you attack them if they visit the same target as you.

The KPN is very low without the Necronomicon, I could have interactions where it will attack Jinxed players if they don't have a night ability while alive. This would include Mediums, Mayors, Psychics, Executioners, Jesters. I feel bad making it towards all roles that can't visit living players; this would potentially screw over Jailors, Veterans, Retributionists, Guardian Angels, Survivors, Amnesiacs, and even Necromancers.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:47 am

Added lore to Jinx. Thanks Aco!
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby WaveAqualei » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:20 am

Heavily reworked this role (the edits made were inspired by Soulshade55r).
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 pm

As this is based off my role, gotta say I like your version the name likely suits more (Inquisitor was based off the Town Traitor consigliere role, as this role has investigative abilities ect.)

Generally you've improved the concept and name so I'm in support of this idea

EDIT:

I'll add while I like coven I do generally think it's hard to come up with roles that have a limited way of killing, but overall we could do with coven that brings support and some KPN to coven, 6 coven doesn't feel like enough currently.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby WaveAqualei » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:52 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:As this is based off my role, gotta say I like your version the name likely suits more (Inquisitor was based off the Town Traitor consigliere role, as this role has investigative abilities ect.)

Generally you've improved the concept and name so I'm in support of this idea

EDIT:

I'll add while I like coven I do generally think it's hard to come up with roles that have a limited way of killing, but overall we could do with coven that brings support and some KPN to coven, 6 coven doesn't feel like enough currently.

I'm glad you like it! <3
I agree that 6 Coven roles aren't enough. I hope they are willing to add some in the future!
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas