Role Idea - Pickpocket (Neutral Benign)

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Role Idea - Pickpocket (Neutral Benign)

Postby Cavespider17 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:01 pm

Role Name:
Pickpocket

Role Alignment:
Neutral Benign

Abilities:
Steal from a player at night.

Attributes:
You will steal from the target you visit.
You will steal from any player who visits your target.
You will know who you have stolen from.

Notifications:
None.

Goal:
To have stolen from all the players who are alive at the end of the game, be it while dead or alive.

Win Conditions:
Wins with everyone.
Must achieve goal.

Special Attributes:
None.

Investigator Results:
Sheriff - Innocent.
Investigator - Investigator, Consigliere, Mayor or Pickpocket.
Consigliere - Your target is a greedy busybody, they must be a Pickpocket.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Re: Role Idea - Pickpocket (Neutral Benign)

Postby TheTraitorofSalem » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:51 am

zzzzzzzz boring i'd probably leave instantly if I got this role. Would be alright if there were actually items in the game.
TheTraitorofSalem
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:54 am

TheTraitorofSalem wrote:zzzzzzzz boring i'd probably leave instantly if I got this role. Would be alright if there were actually items in the game.

I'd rather play this over Survivor jaksdassfkljsdflk

/support
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby TheTraitorofSalem » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:57 am

WaveAqualei wrote:
TheTraitorofSalem wrote:zzzzzzzz boring i'd probably leave instantly if I got this role. Would be alright if there were actually items in the game.

I'd rather play this over Survivor jaksdassfkljsdflk

/support

but because you would rather play this than another boring role is that a justified reason to support this?

I'd rather play Executioner over this and that's gotta be the no.1 most common role that people leave as.

i just feel like this role is brainless and serves no purpose. You target one person each night, which does nothing. You pray you get lucky and target the right people.

Think about how many people you'd actually have to target to win though. Most games end with at least 5 people alive, that's a lot of nights targeting those specific people. Especially if any of them are non-visiting roles.

Just seems like Plaguebearer who doesn't become Pestilence. But even that usually takes 4-7 nights. At least with PB you have defense.

Just seems utterly pointless and I really do not understand your reasons for supporting this.

At least with Survivor you have some sort of defense.
TheTraitorofSalem
Executioner
Executioner

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:00 am

Survivor shouldn't have 4 vests, hell I don't even think it should have 3.
Maybe in Ranked but I see people stay a lot as Exe in AA/CAA because it's fun. The role I see people leave as the most is Spy, Survivor, Plaguebearer, Disguiser, and Vampire.

But I wouldn't see this role as boring, it'd be a really good fake claim for a lot of evils.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby TheTraitorofSalem » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:06 am

WaveAqualei wrote:Survivor shouldn't have 4 vests, hell I don't even think it should have 3.
Maybe in Ranked but I see people stay a lot as Exe in AA/CAA because it's fun. The role I see people leave as the most is Spy, Survivor, Plaguebearer, Disguiser, and Vampire.

But I wouldn't see this role as boring, it'd be a really good fake claim for a lot of evils.

A good fake claim? An easy one, that would easily get you lynched, just like Survivor, Bodyguard, Doctor, Sheriff claims

But is it a fun role to play as? No. It's a role that just targets one person everynight, which does nothing. This role relies on nothing more then targeting the right people staying alive at the end.

Most people in ranked, leave as Executioner. People will leave constantly as this role as well. Which makes it negative for the game.
TheTraitorofSalem
Executioner
Executioner

Postby alex1234321 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:22 am

The role itself is balanced, but it has many of the same problems as other NBs while having even less of an effect on the game. It also can easily work as a kingmaker after it already wins, which allows it to arbitrarily choose who wins the game.

My suggestion is to make it into a Traitor Judas role. It could start as a Town role, then once it finishes picking people's pockets it has the option to change sides and become an NE role. It should also get some sort of reward for pickpocketing everyone. I like the idea of giving it a second vote but this can be anything that gives it a sizable impact on the game without completely being able to decide who wins.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Cavespider17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:26 am

alex1234321 wrote:The role itself is balanced, but it has many of the same problems as other NBs while having even less of an effect on the game. It also can easily work as a kingmaker after it already wins, which allows it to arbitrarily choose who wins the game.

That's a big if here. But I do see what you mean. I think that's the issue with any solo role amonst competing factions.

alex1234321 wrote:It should also get some sort of reward for pickpocketing everyone.

I don't think the vote thing would be very characteristic of the role, perhaps if it could gain basic defense?
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Postby WaveAqualei » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:57 pm

TheTraitorofSalem wrote:A good fake claim? An easy one, that would easily get you lynched, just like Survivor, Bodyguard, Doctor, Sheriff claims
This would be the only NB role that can visit, meaning it can confirm itself easier than the other NBs can.

But is it a fun role to play as? No. It's a role that just targets one person everynight, which does nothing. This role relies on nothing more then targeting the right people staying alive at the end.
You can suggest the role to do something if you think it's stale, but I think it's fine as is as it can't confirm it as any more than a Bodyguard can.

Most people in ranked, leave as Executioner. People will leave constantly as this role as well. Which makes it negative for the game.
Lol you can't say a role is not fun because people leave a lot if they get it in a certain gamemode. You shouldn't leave D1 because you don't like a certain role; if that's your judgment for all role ideas here then I don't think you'd back up 99% of these roles.
WaveAqualei
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Return to Role Ideas