Forger and Janitor Buffs — "Extend To Day"

Suggest new roles or changes to current roles for the game here.

Forger and Janitor Buffs — "Extend To Day"

Postby Cookazoo2 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:42 am

First off, both of these roles should be able to target Mafia members. That allows my next and only other point to become more intriguing.

Forges/cleans last through the day following.

This restores some of the old Disguiser functionality in a way that's a bit of a gamble — you risk losing a critical forge in exchange for maybe pulling off a mishang.

Also then makes hitting an immune less of a negative event. You can now aggressively exe play to try to make an SK look like a Jailor — two birds, one stone. Or the reverse. Or really any combo.

You have the tools. You make the plays.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Re: Forger and Janitor Buffs — "Extend To Day"

Postby Obituary » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:27 am

Often times I can target Mafia members that have left. I don't know if its a bug or not, but I can definitely target them, but then the action will fail as the night ends
Obituary

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:04 pm

No, just no, dont buff the 2 strongest deception roles, specially if they dont need this

Edit: im blind didnt see the first paragraph

They shoild be able to target mafia, but it should not extend to day for sure
Last edited by syjfwbaobfwl on Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Benn3 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Cookazoo2 wrote:First off, both of these roles should be able to target Mafia members. That allows my next and only other point to become more intriguing.

I definitely agree with this, could make some really good plays, especially when Mafia members leave the game.

Forges/cleans last through the day following.

Wdym by this? Cleans already last forever, people can't become uncleaned. Forges do too, since you KILL the player, their will stays the same as the forged will, so I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean that you should be able to clean/forge a night in advance?

This restores some of the old Disguiser functionality in a way that's a bit of a gamble — you risk losing a critical forge in exchange for maybe pulling off a mishang.

Also then makes hitting an immune less of a negative event. You can now aggressively exe play to try to make an SK look like a Jailor — two birds, one stone. Or the reverse. Or really any combo.

You have the tools. You make the plays.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:08 am

What they're saying is basically this, condensed to an example.

Night - William Hobbs is forged to be a Godfather. William Hobbs is not attacked at night, and therefore lives.

The Next Day - William Hobbs is voted up, and found Guilty. His role was Godfather.

I say it seems excessive. Letting them target the Mafia at will, however, is reasonable since that would have very niche usage outside of destroying evidence when other Mafia quit, and it frankly seems like something they should be able to do in the first place.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Ideas